UK Politics: Misery, The Sequel | Page 213 | The Popjustice Forum

UK Politics: Misery, The Sequel

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bestinase, Jul 21, 2020.

1. The extremely literal approach of centrism when it comes to the death of every even mildly complicated figure is exhausting. Like several members of staff today at my job who were actually sad even pointed out that the HEAVY mourning angle just felt oddly out of tune with the fact she was 96.

I remember with Philip's death so shortly after a huge scale loss of life it felt crass to value one life as worthy of national mourning more than others even excluding the awfulness. You have this weirdness of news outlets trying to attribute this idea of a woman who PROTECTED A PAEDOPHILE WITH THE PUBLIC PURSE as a cuddly granny because she cracked a joke once.

The general public seemingly cannot fathom it and largely have created this idea that the monarchy and her are separate when she has been its biggest agent, and its strongest glue for 70 years.

2. I don't believe you know me
    Although you know my name
    I don't believe the faults I have
    Are only mine to blame
    I don't believe that magic
    Is only in the mind

3. Was the queen really German? Bold? Italic!

4. LTG

LTG

Fully fucked up country.

5. You'd think the police would be trying to keep a low profile after brutally murdering an innocent black man earlier this week. This country is just beyond redemption.

6. I have to laugh.

berserkboi, Stewart, Purple and 21 others like this.
  7. They got the "minor" bit right.

8. Why is she walking like a cartoon villain? Oh wait…

michaelhird, Andrew and POPGASM like this.
  9. [​IMG]

Hudweiser likes this.
  10. Don't go saying minor when prince Andrew's about.

11. Pizza Express turned him down for a job because of the same reason...allegedly I hear!

Andrew likes this.
  12. Liz Truss is just so… untalented at politics. She can’t even get through a single interview without dropping several clangers. I hope she tanks the entire party.

Charisma? I don’t know her

Sam, Someboy, mcuk and 10 others like this.
  13. R92

R92

[​IMG]

inevitable, 2014 and daninternational like this.
  14. She’s just N… it do take nerve

Aries, andru, Bobbyrae and 10 others like this.
  15. Can't find it now, but I read yesterday that Labour were likely to be including Proportional Representation in their next manifesto, which, unless I got my NCTJ politix module all wrong years ago, is ultimately a good thing.

Hairycub1969 and lob0to like this.
  16. LTG

LTG

There’s a motion at conference to approve PR, but even if it passes I can’t imagine Keith ever implementing it. He’s rather anti-democratic, the right of the NEC only yesterday did this:

Hudweiser likes this.
  17. Fucking hell.

lob0to and Sam like this.
  18. Christ

popdorian and Hairycub1969 like this.
  19. "Trickle-down economics" doesn't exist. The wealthy hoard their money.

andru, popdorian, Lander and 12 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.