UK Politics: Misery, The Sequel | Page 215 | The Popjustice Forum

UK Politics: Misery, The Sequel

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bestinase, Jul 21, 2020.

1. The way I was just about to try to apply for a mortgage on a little flat for myself after years of saving up and now everything's gone to literal shit. The cute reminder that my lifetime of education, workplace labour and trying to better myself means nothing in the grand scheme of things when government and corporations can keep us socially and financially stagnant forever. They really said stay hungry and renting, poors!

[​IMG]

2. The fact it took me a minute to realise this was a comedian and not an actual Tory MP...

Jordtayylor, snoho, 1986 and 5 others like this.
  3. Her campaign clip for the Conservative leadership campaign was both hilarious and confusing if you'd not seen her work before.

4. This read just made me cry (I’m a big baby) It also made me think about the little ones I work with at school and how many might be silently struggling - and it absolutely kills me. What the fuck has happened to our society to get us to this stage again? I mean…I know the answer but still. You know when you just wanna scream?!

DirtyMonkey, andru, 1986 and 15 others like this.
  5. When will it stop.

lob0to likes this.
  6. He

He

Capitalism.

LTG, Doodvid and Maria like this.
  7. A national treasure.

8. Letters of no confidence are already being sent in against Truss. Kii

Lander, Jordtayylor, Bobbyrae and 8 others like this.
  9. What can we do? Seriously what can we do to stop this?

Bank rates of 6% would make my mortgage unaffordable. I refuse to watch some Tory cunt swoop in, buy my house from me so they can rent it out for ridiculous prices.

We’re beyond eating the rich. We need to destroy them.

POPGASM, Lander, unnameable and 7 others like this.
  10. LTG

LTG

[​IMG]

Lander, Sam, Mikal and 6 others like this.
  11. National Day of Action planned for 1st of October - take to the streets, hope others do too, keep applying the pressure so the Tory backbenchers turn on the new leadership team, which would surely force a general election. Then hope British public are not stupid enough to continue this madness and vote for an alternative - see also hope that Labour allow room and space for radical (not radical) thought and policy to help a better tomorrow. Unfortunately I feel like we have a crisis of imagination mixed with a rigged system which will lock us into a version of this hellscape for a long time to come.

Lander, mcuk, Doodvid and 5 others like this.
  12. Nn yes. The money saved from scrapping Stamp Duty is completely outweighed by mortgage rates skyrocketing.

Some lenders are taking their deals off the market entirely.

Cheers Liz and Kwasi you DIPSHITS

bestinase likes this.
  13. Reading the news from overseas...what the fuck is happening in the UK. Batshit insane times.

Lander, michaelhird, lutz and 3 others like this.

14. HrjfjdjfjbdbxjdjAaaaaaaaBAAAAAAAAA

15. I know it was only like a month ago (lol) but I’ve forgotten. how many do they need to force a vote? What’s the likehood?

Surely if it comes to this, we need a general election?

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  16. [​IMG]

There was a theory that Truss was elected to fail, leaving the path open for Boris to be re-elected by the Tories.

lob0to and cleggar like this.
  17. LTG

LTG

54. Only 50 of the 360ish MPs voted for her on the first round and only 113 in the final round. So there’s a lot of people not necessarily all on board the Truss train. However, I can’t see them actually getting 54 unless things get worse. Which is not impossible with this party…

Hairycub1969, K94 and cleggar like this.
  18. The fact only 54 letters need to be filed

Yas let Tory factionalism destroy the party

mcuk, lob0to, Sam and 2 others like this.
  19. Labour voted to put PR in the manifesto before a GE at their conference, but I'd guess Keir will not implement it. He would if he stood for anything though.

michaelhird and Hairycub1969 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.