UK Politics: Misery, The Sequel | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

UK Politics: Misery, The Sequel

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bestinase, Jul 21, 2020.

1. I wish Angela Rayner was leader, and not deputy. She's articulate, interpersonal and I feel she has actual lived experience as opposed to a typically educated and privileged individual.

As great as Keir is at question time in the house of commons, he doesn't scream gravitas and personality for anyone to vote for him as PM.

2. RJF

RJF

The voting intention thing... isn't surprising. The irony it's that stuff like the furlough scheme that is the cause when you know that if Labour had enacted it in power then the Conservatives would be crowing about how necessary it would be to reopen the economy and how they were stealing Christmas with lockdowns etc, etc. Ironically, the pandemic probably slowed the Conservatives' descent into fascism... if only for a while. And Labour are a mess, so it can't be that surprising that they're still struggling for a majority.

Mr.Arroz, Kuhleezi, sfmartin and 5 others like this.

3. loving the specifics here!!

DoggySwami, stuaw and aux like this.
  4. So meet up but don’t meet up

stuaw likes this.

5. People STILL support Boris???!!

6. I literally can't stand Matt Hancock, I start to rage every time he's on screen. It's not even about the garbage that comes out of his mouth, I just can't stand to look at him. He looks like your 14-year-old brother dressed as your 44-year-old dad for Halloween.

Sam, steste, Hudweiser and 7 others like this.
  7. Lila

Lila Staff Member

If I have to eat one of the mysteriously sourced pizzas they were offering in The Yard last time I was there just to have a festive white wine....

Sam, steste, Kyle. and 2 others like this.
  8. So basically

Tier 1 = old Tier 2
    Tier 2 = old Tier 3
    Tier 3 = old Tier 3, with additional restrictions

They really didn't wanna introduce a tier 4 huh

steste and Jesus Jugs like this.
  9. R92

R92

[​IMG]

The government coming up with their pandemic laws

tea, Mr.Arroz, Sam and 22 others like this.
  10. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

If Nicola pulls yet another fucking separate dressing room from the other leaders stunt over seeing immediate family at Christmas I'm gonna revolt I haven't seen anyone I'm related to since January fhaefuihahiohtiooiaheoiaooaeoeaonaf

Jamie likes this.
  11. You know it’s coming

Solenciennes likes this.
  12. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I'm still not over their obscene law to slap fines on anyone leaving the higher tier areas. Were there hordes of Glaswegians picking up Covid and racing round the NC500 spreading it as far and as wide as possible for them to have decided that was a necessary step? It's something out of a dystopian nightmare to me.

13. Yeah the travel ban law is awful and good luck to them actually imposing it. It’s going to have as much impact as the restrictions on the central belt ie hardly any.

Solenciennes likes this.
  14. Honestly with students returning home and the new Christmas rules were about to see announced I’m dreading January and February more than ever.

It seems like there’s an agreement between the 4 nations, but this feels like a PR move more than a public health decision.

elektricblue likes this.
  15. LTG

LTG

steste, michaelhird, andru and 3 others like this.
  16. Empty Shoebox likes this.
  17. Mr.Arroz, Sam, michaelhird and 6 others like this.
  18. djmakemewet and andru like this.
  19. The best part of this whole saga (the credit for success of really goes to Labour MSP Monica Lennon who led a brilliant cross society campaign on it) was the SNP Ministers originally opposing it on the grounds that, seriously, hoardes of English people would cross the border to sweep up free sanitary products in a new phenomenon of "Tampon Tourism". They were also worried people would take all the free stuff and sell them on a new black market for cheap, like when people nick stuff from supermarkets and try and sell you a pack of bacon out a carrier bag in the pub for 60p.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/snp-government-criticised-over-tampon-21469707

But as every other party supported it and it was going to pass anyway they changed their mind and saw sense to swing in behind it and help make it work. A good thing.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Mr.Arroz, andru, K94 and 2 others like this.
  20. Cmon tampon tourism

Mr.Arroz, Sam, andru and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.