UK Top 200 Best Selling Female Solo Hits Of The 80s | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

UK Top 200 Best Selling Female Solo Hits Of The 80s

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by gezza76, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Can’t buy it on Amazon but I can only imagine the price! 174 DVDs.

[​IMG]

2. 174! That's quite an undertaking!

3. "Superwoman" has the perfect breakfast lyrics in the first verse. Add in a couple of HB's and you're ready for your lazy Sunday morning @gezza76!

4. Rather lovely surprise this, one of the finest R&B ballads ever.

5. I credit my love of Superwoman to The Chart Show who had it entering the top ten despite getting stuck at #11 on the official chart. My favourite track of hers until Romantic came along.

6. Romantic, what an tune! Was obsessed with it last year for some odd (great) reason.

phoenix123 likes this.
  7. Incidentally Madonna's dominance on the original 80s list has lessened now. She had 21 of her 22 hits in the top 200 list at the end of the decade but now has just 20, and a new lowest seller- can you guess which one?!

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  8. Hmm, Dear Jessie possibly?

9. Talking about Karyn White, the due mention to her US #1 hit

And talking about Twist In My Sobriety, the due mention to Liza's take on it

10. It's taken me 3 and a half years to watch 66 episodes of The Rockford Files (exactly half the set I bought), so I wouldn't get to the end of this series in my lifetime! Even if I was locked up for the rest of my life.

Hairycub1969 and idratherjack like this.
  11. My partner and I have been hooked to Sony TV at Breakfast time weekday mornings. We have now seen every episode of:
    Kojak
    Quincy
    Hart to Hart
    Dempsey and Makepeace

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  12. Assuming her lowest sellers were #14 Lucky Star and #9 The Look Of Love and that Lucky Star would have done far better on streaming so has overtaken The Look Of Love.

I hope Causing A Commotion hasn’t slipped off the list but it’s her most forgotten of the other lower selling 80s hits. Her other lesser known hits like Gambler and Dear Jessie actually sold very strongly for #4/#5 hits in the first place.

13. Not sure I’ve ever seen these, perhaps a bit before my time.

I was more of a Cagney & Lacey fan…. or Charles In Charge!

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  14. Congratulations you're correct!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  15. I need to get around to D&M (Glynis Barber was my big, big crush of 1986/87)...got to finish Return Of The Saint first. And then Starsky & Hutch.

Retro TV all the way.

MilesAngel and Hairycub1969 like this.
  16. I used to not be too much of a fan of The Look of Love, but it really is an gorgeous ballad.

idratherjack, WoW73 and Hairycub1969 like this.
  17. It is indeed a song I do not return to often, but gorgeous nonetheless. I think those Madonna singles that did not have an official video suffered from that.

18. That's true. Causing A Commotion even more so.

MilesAngel likes this.
  19. Exactly, and Angel!

Hairycub1969 and MilesAngel like this.
  20. I do think this will be very Madonna led in the top part of the chart.

Hairycub1969 and WoW73 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.