Ultimate 2000s: Albums Justice Reveals (#379) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate 2000s: Albums Justice Reveals (#379)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by SophiaSophia, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Just crossed out an album on my draft list that is widely considered a genre defying, era defining classic and groundbreaking masterpiece and replaced it with Nadia Oh's debut.

2. So you replaced a genre defying, era defining classic and groundbreaking masterpiece with another one, seems fair!

3. Well, to be fair, name a Nadia Oh copy-cat/clone/doppelganger/etc. - you can't - that's means something substantial.

londonrain and Runawaywithme like this.
  4. With pain in my heart I have to say goodbye to these unlucky ones, that also do not see representation with an other album:

#25: Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
    Though the album holds their three best career tracks and obsession of altrock for an entire decade, I need bulletproof albums to make my top 20. Bulletproof this is not. Though Supermassive Black Hole, Map of the Problematique and Glorious carried it quite far into my personal countdown.

#24: Dido - Life For Rent
    Dido has missed my cutoff several times now. I think despite the absolute obsession I feel for this woman there is always something missing that gives it that umph for making lists like these. Hope someone else found space for her.

#23: Girls Aloud - Tangled Up
    Just like Muse suffering a bit too much about an album that is not entirely bulletproof. Though the highs are higher and more frequent than several other albums that made my top 20 it were tracks that are meh that ruined it's chances. Fuel to fire is that it will be shown on the countdown despite my vote gives me rest.

#22: Maria Mena - Apparently Unaffected
    This knock-out for an album has left to many people apparently unaffected cause I expect more wide forum love and it is the highlight I wanted to give it that almost made it lock in a placement in my top 20, but that would be unfair compared to the importance the album in my top 20 they have for me.

#21: Madonna - Confessions on the Dancefloor
    Madonna not making a list on PJ is almost worthy of a ban I understand. Though she will be here in the other countdown. Confessions has like two filler-ish tracks (ignoring bonustracks here cause otherwise...) and those two killed it for that final spot. But the album defined everything for poprooster and it kills me I can't give it points for giving me that love.

---

Then I also have struggled with artists that somehow I adore that somehow have no album I root hard for (in this decade). In this category we have Avril Lavigne, Janet Jackson and Sugababes. Texas is another artist that actually came close with Red Book, but it is their vastness of their discography and own made playlists that makes me a huge fan.

---

Finally let me honourable mention 3 albums I hope to see fellow voters for:

Amy Winehouse - Back To Black

Darren Hayes - This Delicate Thing We've Made

Solange - Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams

5. Having to pick only one Britney album for this decade is a gut punch!

I know that technically Blackout is the correct answer for me, but it still feels wrong not having the others on my ballot..... so I hope we can spread out the Britney love here because any countdown (for this decade especially!!!) that doesn't include all of her albums is factually incorrect.

Same applies for Beyonce, Christina, Mariah, Kelly, Alicia, Missy, Avril..etc

6. [​IMG]

It just hit me that I can't even pick two Mandy albums here!!!! I have four on my short list.

Oh no, oh no, oh no....

7. Oh boy, I am always so here for these.

The album list came surprisingly easily, with the usual caveat that it is probably going to change completely within a year's time. So in the meantime, here's five that just missed the cut, with my choice of song from each. For your consideration, I guess?

Tom Waits - Real Gone

Glassjaw - Worship and Tribute

Portishead - Third

Agalloch - The Mantle

Common - Be

londonrain, marie_05, Aester and 2 others like this.
  8. Animal missing the cutoff by one day...

9. Not entirely sure if that is shade in my musical taste.

10. Reminder you have until Jan 31 to send me your lists if you don’t wanna end up B List at Capital.
    @pop3blow2 @Runawaywithme and anyone else that’s interested.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  11. It depends whether you take being in the same company as Lisa Scott-Lee as intended shade or not.

Another tag spree will happen sometime next week so for anyone I may have missed today make sure you have liked the first post if you want to be tagged.

12. *copy pastes from Albums thread*

I've been training for this for years!!! My itunes playlist "Best Songs Albums '00" currently has 300 100 entries, I just need to cut it down.

FYC coming soon x

13. My list is coming soon. Like Cassie's second album. Jk.

14. I feel this is gonna be easier for me than the song one but I still need some time.

Untouchable Ace and Maki like this.
  15. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I don't often get into entire albums, and it was actually hard for me to find more than 25 albums to have a shortlist before I started ranking and doing write ups as a result. It was also illuminating to see which albums I ended up picking set against the song playlists I compiled in 2020/2021 for each year of that decade, there wasn't a correlation between favourite songs and favourite albums. I'm excited to see the rundown!

16. I've voted.

Don't fuck it up, people.

Untouchable Ace and Maki like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.