Votes: 1 3.0%

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(2/3)
20 points

Atomic-Kitten-Sing03-IWant-Your-Love.jpg

I WANT YOUR LOVE | ATOMIC KITTEN

Voted By: @SophiaSophia (2) @Iggypig (18)
Year: 2000
Country of Origin: England
Appearance: 5th

(1/1)
21 points

Kelly-Clarkson-Sing06-Behind-These-Hazel-Eyes.jpg

BEHIND THESE HAZEL EYES | KELLY CLARKSON

Voted By: @livefrommelbs (3) @Music Is Death (18)
Year: 2004
Country of Origin: USA
Appearance: 6th

livefrommelbs commentary:
I've always preferred this one to Since U Been Gone - but both are pivotal releases from one of my all-time favourite albums. There's just something so powerful about the way Kelly emotes this song. You believe every word she's singing, the production/composition absolutely hits - and naturally Kelegend's vocals elevate the whole thing to even greater heights than it might have been otherwise. If your wig isn't blown clean off by the time she's belting 'anyMOOOOO-OREEEEE', then... congrats on having real hair, I guess.

(1/1)
21 points

500x500.jpg

BEWARE OF THE DOG | JAMELIA

Voted By: @Runawaywithme (2) @Verandi (9) @BubblegumBoy (10)
Year: 2006
Country of Origin: England
Appearance: 3rd

Runawaywithme Commentary:

A banger. The power of that riff and the hunger and anger in Jamelia's voice are what really makes this so brilliant for me. When it comes on it makes me feel like the baddest bitch in the world - It should have been a number one smash.

Ever since the French Ladies Rate this has blown up into a huge favourite, making Moi... Lolita the freshest addition to my list. And nothing to regret about that! It's always such a pleasure to get myself immersed in its inimitable atmosphere exuding from the lush production paired with Alizée's slightly detached delivery. In my book, this is an example of pop perfection.

That music video is a damn classic. The French countryside, I love you... Got 200 francs?, the shouty mum, the matching leather jackets, the coach ride into town, the little girl in the nightclub, the pouting in the mirror, the dancing, I'm quite tired...

Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique.

(1/1)
22 points

on-a-night-like-this-b-iext40563321.jpg

ON A NIGHT LIKE THIS | KYLIE MINOGUE

Voted By: @Lost In Japan. (2) @livefrommelbs (20)
Year: 2000
Country of Origin: Australia
Appearance: 6th

livefrommelbs commentary:
It took me about 29 years to figure out what my favourite song of all time was (I'm 32 now). It was something I gave ALOT of thought to. And standing proudly amongst the melee of hits from the 90s, 00s and 10s was this towering, twinkling anthem from Miss Minogue.

Friends, when I tell you something shifts inside me the second I hear the first 'on and on and on's of this song. It's like a spiritual, soul connection - a gentle klaxon, signalling that I'm going to a better place for the next 3 minutes and 33 seconds. Factor in that iconic guitar pluck and I've ascended before the beats even kicked in. And when it does? GOOD LAWD. 00s dance-pop at its most divine.

I think the magic of 'On A Night Like This' lies in the way it just builds and builds upon its elements to an awe-inspiring crescendo. Kylie coos through the first verse, then levels up to the 'You kiss me / I'm falling' pre-chorus as the music starts to bubble and build beneath her, before it all explodes into the absolute perfection that is the chorus. Even the lyrics, in their simplicity, sound like poetry when Kyle sings them. By the time she's belting 'On a night LI-IKE THIISSSSS!' in the middle 8, it's all over. It's a full body sensory response to this song, for me. And that's the sign of brilliant pop music.

I've always loved this song immensely, from the moment I heard it. But it's the way its just perpetually endured in the years since - on dancefloors and night drives, playlists and parties, that's really solidified its place as not only the number one song of the 00s for me, but of all time. Kylie gifted us 'On A Night Like This', and I surely do wanna stay forever.