Ultimate Album Justice: Best of the 2010s Edition (5 POINTERS FINISHED REVEALING) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Album Justice: Best of the 2010s Edition (5 POINTERS FINISHED REVEALING)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ironheade, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Yes, that's correct.

vague, soratami, Verandi and 8 others like this.
  2. I've finished and it was a bloodbath! Lots of great contenders had to be left out :'(

Here are some of them:
    Loreen - Heal
    Marina - Electra Heart
    Shakira - Sale El Sol
    Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour
    Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa
    Hurts - Hapiness

3. Keeping this to 1 artist 1 album actually made this quite easy for me...otherwise I would've included like 3 Taylor albums ddd.

Just need to find time to write commentary then I'm good to go.

aux and Sprockrooster like this.
  4. I forgot to mention the albums I had to left out

(this one I actually forgot ddddd 10th place got lucky)

5. @Ironheade is there a certain format you want this sent in? I feel like I'm sending a huge block of text after I've done album, 3 songs, commentary...

6. I JUST REALISED THE FAME MONSTER WAS RELEASED IN 2009

[​IMG]

7. No real format I want it sent in, as long as you've got the three songs and albums, and any commentary you'd like to send in, you're golden.

And huge blocks of text? That's what I like to hear!

8. I still haven't decided whether I want to take part in this because I don't want to embarrass myself with my below-average favourite albums again. Everyone else will be sending in Melodrama and Anti and meanwhile there's me with my white boy bands.

9. Do it!

I expect all of my picks to be out before the top 20, and about 80% of them to leave before the top 100. Also, I'm almost certainly voting for a boyband solo project.

10. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there should be no embarrassment involved here! Your favourites are your favourites, and if it's anything like the last Ultimate rates, nobody should be roasting you for what you picked.

11. Mine includes Harry Styles and almost included fucking One Direction themselves. Don't even worry.

It also almost included an artist I will not name for fear of major draggings. But if anybody guesses, you get a cookie. God, please don't guess.

12. Ed Sheeran.

savilizabeths likes this.
  13. Jess Glynne?

Island and savilizabeths like this.
  14. GRAIG THAT IS UNFAIR!!!!

I’m laughing so hard right now. I hate/love you!

Music Is Life likes this.
  15. Haha, well you never said I couldn't guess! And I wanted a cookie!
    Love you too!

16. You couldn’t guess because you already knew! No cookie for you! You get coal!

Music Is Life likes this.
  17. Not fair!!

18. I've locked in my 10 albums, just need to write up commentary. While I suffer over that for the next few days before ultimately making a fool of myself, let me share the 10 albums that could've but didn't make it (in addition to the three track choices for favorite, recommended to new listeners, and fave deep tracks for each).

Artist - Album (Favorite track / track for a newbie / selected deep cut)
    Sombear - Love You in the Dark (Easy Thief / Incredibly Still / 2002)
    Robyn - Honey (Human Being / Ever Again / Baby Forgive Me)
    Beyoncé - Lemonade (Sorry / Hold Up / Love Drought)
    Vagabon - Vagabon (Wits About You / Water Me Down / Every Woman)
    Charli XCX - Charli (Thoughts / Gone / Official)
    Lana Del Rey - Honeymoon (The Blackest Day / High by the Beach / Religion)
    Japanese Breakfast - Soft Sounds from Another Planet (The Body is a Blade / Boyish / Soft Sounds from Another Planet)
    Lorde - Pure Heroine (Ribs / Tennis Court / A World Alone)
    Tegan and Sara - Heartthrob (Shock to Your System / Goodbye, Goodbye / Guilty as Charged)
    The Antlers - Burst Apart (Putting the Dog to Sleep / I Don't Want Love / French Exit)

Considering the one album per artist rule and that each of these albums were in the running but didn't make the top 10 effectively rules out each of these artists for the final listing. Please understand how painful this has been.

19. aux

aux

Hmm

vague and The Hot Rock like this.
  20. [​IMG]

I hope this isn't an omen for another thread.

vague, Seventeen Days and aux like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.