Ultimate Gamejustice (#1) | Page 122 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Gamejustice (#1)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Animalia, Mar 1, 2018.

1. = #423
    (21/26)

[​IMG]

2010 | Playdead | Various | Puzzle

6 Points: @beyoncésweave

Animalia:

Another true indie gem is up next! A relatively simple platformer on the surface, Limbo received a heaven and hell of a lot of praise for its incredible art direction and immersive atmosphere, being hailed as a prime example of “video games as an art form”.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Mvnl, send photo, LE0Night and 30 others like this.
  2. Right, let's blast through the remaining 6-pointers today!

= #423
    (22/26)

[​IMG]

1998 | Squaresoft | PS1 | JRPG

6 Points: @Petty Mayonnaise

Animalia:

When husband-and-wife team Tetsuya Takahashi and Kaori Tanaka finished work on Final Fantasy VI, they submitted their own proposal for VII; higher-ups at Square deemed it “too dark and complicated for a fantasy” (go figure), but they were allowed to develop as their own separate project. Thus, Xenogears was born.

Xenogears is celebrated for its gameplay, story and characters. Unfortunately due to budget and time constraints during development, the second half of the game is made up almost entirely of cut-scenes telling the story with little gameplay, but that hasn’t stopped it becoming a proper cult classic in its own right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

4. Wait, I’m confused. How does the multiplier work and how did you calculate it @Animalia ?

EDIT: oh wait I’ve got it now. It’s 1 + how many people voted for the game/10

5. According to the front page post anyway (although would that mean Dancing Stage Euromix should be 5.5 points if it's a 1.1 multiplier for 2 voters? Maths isn't my strong suit despite trying to be an accountant for 6 months until i got fired oops)

LE0Night, evilsin, He and 2 others like this.
  6. Oh I didn’t see that ddd mess. Sorry

Animalia likes this.
  7. Just the same way it was done in Ultimate Gamejustice - the multiplier goes up in increments of .1 for each voter a game gets, so 2 voters = 1.2x, 3 = 1.3x etc., so Dancing Stage Euromix got a sum of 5 points, 5 x 1.2 = 6.

Yeah, I did originally intend on starting from 1.1x for 2 voters, but I ended up using @Number's spreadsheet formulas which start from 1.2 just 'cause it's a less awkward calculation in Excel - it doesn't change any positions all that much, just slightly higher numbers!

8. Unpopular opinion alert: I never cared much for Xenogears. I lost all interest when the second disc rolled in with its two hour cutscenes ddd.

Animalia likes this.

9. = #423
    (23/26)

[​IMG]

2002 | Silicon Knights | GameCube | Action / Horror

4 Points: @Oleander
    1 Point: @He

Multiplier: 1.2x

Total: 6

He:

What an epic tale. I just lived for the Alex reading her book and learning about the magical lineage she was bound to. It was scary and so interesting. The sanity effects where a hoot and the conclusion was epic. I wish we could have gotten more out of the IP.

Animalia:

Okay but seriously the "sanity effects" @He mentioned sound amazing; as your character loses grip on reality, the game makes subtle, uncomfortable changes to the camera angles and environment. More extreme effects include loops in gameplay, the game showing itself deleting your save file and simulated hardware errors appearing on the screen as if your tv/console crashed. NieR hew?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Shit's getting gaggy, y'all.

LE0Night, soratami, Oleander and 6 others like this.
  11. LiK

LiK

Eternal Darkness is one of my fave GameCube games ever (also one of the few I actually Bought) but still one of the most underappreciated games of that generation.

LE0Night, Oleander, He and 2 others like this.
  12. A remake of Eternal Darkness would be ah-mazing. So scary and unnerving.

LE0Night, Oleander and Animalia like this.
  13. My poor health bar.

[​IMG]

LE0Night, soratami, Mushroom and 12 others like this.
  14. At least you got another voter, I've lost all six games without another voter.

However I'm 1000% sure my #13 will be my first multiple-vote game.

LE0Night, soratami, Oleander and 7 others like this.
  15. = #423
    (24/26)

[​IMG]

2000 | Licensed 4U | PC | Puzzle

6 Points: @VivaForever

VivaForever:

This is probably the most random entry on my list, which is saying something, but for being a dumb hidden object game, it really lodged itself in my memory. I do wish it had been a format more given to story and character development, because it would have been so interesting to get a little more in depth. Also the detective is SO CUTE.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. No one else voted for that? Gosh, I'm shocked by the power (SHOCKED!), oh ho, shocked by the power of love

17. The randomiser was not kind to one of y'all ddd I'm sorry

= #423

(25/26)

[​IMG]

1999 | Rare | N64 | Shooter

6 Points: @He

He:

Oh, a forgotten gem. I stanned this game so hard, and Vela was my girl! I just thought this was such an amazing game. It was tough, had a fun story, the world, the designs, and the freaking Tribals. I was always so mortified whenever one was killed, it literally hurt me. Having to collect them all was a bit too much though, and Floyd dying at the end broke my heart, it really did. I bet it’s hella dated today, but it really has a place in my gaming life.

[​IMG]

omg I'm gonna use this gif a lot get used to it

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. [​IMG]

So no one's gonna post to break up the eliminations, huh? I'll remember this x

The final 6-pointer to fall is...

= #423
    (26/26)

[​IMG]

2007 | Grasshopper Manufacture | PS2 / GameCube | Shooter

6 Points: @LE0Night

Animalia:

killer7 is low-key infamous for being one of the only properly violent games on a Nintendo console, especially in the GameCube era. Above and beyond the gore though, the heavily stylised visuals, satisfying gameplay and complex plot received a lot of praise and earned the company enough money to remake and re-release several of their earlier games, so I doubt they cared much about the complaints ddd.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alice: Madness Returns (Oleander)
    Assassin's Creed Syndicate (playboy69)
    Batman: Arkham City (Aidan)
    Call of Duty: Black Ops (GeiPanda)
    Counter Strike (CaliDevotion)
    Dancing Stage Euromix (2014, HeartSwells)
    Dead Space 2 (diamond dogs)
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (He, Oleander)
    Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F (iheartpoptarts)
    Hidden Mysteries: Notre Dame (VivaForever)
    Jet Force Gemini (He)
    killer7 (LE0Night)
    Limbo (beyoncésweave)
    Mirror Stage (Filler)
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii (KingBruno)
    Pac-Man (Sprockrooster)
    Powerstone (MollieSwift21)
    Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (BEST FICTION)
    Radiant Historia (Stradiwhovius)
    Realms of Arkania: Shadows Over Riva (DominoDancing)
    Silkworm (DJHazey)
    Super Mario Bros. (Alouder98)
    Tales of Berseria (soratami)
    Tales of Vesperia (Sleet)
    Transport Tycoon (roblognick)
    Xenogears (Petty Mayonnaise)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.