Ultimate Gamejustice (#1) | Page 145 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Gamejustice (#1)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Animalia, Mar 1, 2018.

1. I've never been able to get into stealth games, either. I barely like the stealth sections in Zelda games.

Animalia likes this.
  2. I really love Metal Gear Solid 3. It's a bit clunky to play now, but it just got so much right. You genuinely feel like a spy in the jungle, eating to survive, sneaking through grass and camouflaging yourself to your environments.

Plus there's crocodiles. Any game with crocodiles is better than the same game without crocodiles.

It's not afraid to poke fun at itself either, and the bad guys feel more like an actual fleshed out team than, say, Dead Cell or the Beauty and the Beasts. Then there's The Boss. She's probably one of my favourite characters in gaming generally, and I'm still not over how everything plays out at the end. The bit, where it makes you press the button to do the thing? Nope. Definitely not over it.

[Edit:] Oh, also, the opening credits video is a masterpiece of spy-movie parody nonsense. Those lyrics...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    digitalkaiser, LE0Night, BTG and 8 others like this.
  3. It's weird how much I enjoyed this series, compared to how little I care to play MGS V. That whole business with "Quiet" really soured me on these games I guess.

Animalia and Empty Shoebox like this.
  4. MGS3 is kinda considered the best title in the series, I'd say? It's never been a personal favourite but it is an extremely impressive display of technical ability for the time - they really achieved an openness and scale that stands out on the PS2. I think my grievances are because I kinda sucked at it nn - the camo index always let me down and CQC never achieved the fluidity it promised, and the game became really tough once you got to Groznyj Grad with its minimal cover. I think the Soliton Radar really spoilt me.

Animalia and aaronhansome like this.
  5. [​IMG]

= #363
    (12/14)

[​IMG]

2015 | InterAction Studios | PC | Arcade-Shooter

9 Points: @Dangerous Maknae

Animalia:

Scream at the format of this rate meaning this is technically ranked higher than, like, two Batmans, an Elder Scrolls and a Final Fantasy ddd. Everyone loves a good Space Invaders clone though, all the more so with the added absurdity of the enemies being intergalactic chickens on a mission of vengeance after centuries of culinary oppression. Now that’s what I call poultry in motion. Anyone who gets this reference earns my eternal love and respect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Seeing the term "intergalactic chicken" automatically makes me think of this icon from Courage The Cowardly Dog thanks to my somehow perfect memory of the show ddd.

[​IMG]

LE0Night, soratami, Squashua and 8 others like this.
  7. Your gif choices...
    [​IMG]
    I love this rate.

8. ddd I spent a solid ten minutes trying to find this

[​IMG]

before realising they aren't even chickens, mess.

9. = #363
    (13/14)

[​IMG]

2005 | Intelligent Systems | GameCube | Tactical-RPG

9 Points: @KingBruno

KingBruno:

Path of Radiance specializes in gameplay, plot, and full-motion films. At that time, there was no contest for this title to be the quintessence of the Fire Emblem franchise. During the game, you go through a wondrously paced and satisfying experience. It’s still a godly episode in the esteemed strategic TRPG series from Intelligent Systems. This one not only abandons the long-established random encounter battles from most RPGs for a turn-based fighting procedure which is entertaining and thrilling, it also has an unforgettable and authentically moving story – it for sure reaches the rare perfection of its genre.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Oh go on then let's just finish this round x

= #363

(14/14)

[​IMG]

1989 | Konami | Arcade | Beat ‘em Up

9 Points: @Tribal Spaceman

Animalia:

The less iconic Donatell and ha reptilian posse are here to round out this batch of eliminations! As you might’ve deduced from the subtle naming, this was Konami’s original arcade version of the game that would later be ported to NES and PC; its smooth, fast-paced combat and simultaneous four-person multiplayer has earned it a spot on many a Best of Arcade Gaming list over the years, but the NES version came with a voucher for a free Pizza Hut pizza so who’s the real winner here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

Carmen Sandiego: Word Detective (VivaForever)
    Chicken Invaders 3 (Dangerous Maknae)
    Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (_hazzie_)
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (KingBruno)
    God of War 2 (ThisIsRogue)
    Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (send photo)
    Klashball (DJHazey)
    Mario Party 2 (Squashua)
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Stradiwhovius)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Tribal Spaceman)
    Thumper (Filler)
    Tomb Raider: Underworld (Aidan)
    Trackmania (Empty Shoebox)
    Trivia Crack (Sprockrooster)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  12. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Animalia likes this.
  13. I love that Ninja Turtles game so much! I'm always Leonardo.

Animalia likes this.
  14. YAS Someone dropped points to my 9-pointer too. I can't wait until we get away from single voter games, that's when the actual fun starts.

nikkysan, Robert, Animalia and 3 others like this.
  15. Whew, what an iconic rate.

Squashua, kalonite, soratami and 6 others like this.
  16. [​IMG]

For real though, welcome back!

We move on to 10-pointers after I've eaten y'all, exciting times~

LE0Night, Mr.Arroz, Squashua and 17 others like this.
  17. Oh, you know, just roaming the streets of Tokyo, seeing the woman who has been my everything for 13 years and seducing cute Japanese boys.

LE0Night, Sanctuary, Squashua and 4 others like this.
  18. = #347
    (1/16)

[​IMG]

2004 | Capcom / Flagship | GBA | Action-Adventure

10 Points: @roblognick

roblognick:

The best of the top-down Zelda games for me. A massive world, rich characters, stories and collectibles.

Animalia:

The first game to fall in this batch is our fourth Zelda title! The Minish Cap expands upon the story of the previous Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures games, and sees Link don a magical hat that shrinks him down to the size of the Minish race, whose world the plot takes place in. Also it looked gorgeous.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Never played Minish Cap but have always wanted to. It looks amazing.

Animalia likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.