Ultimate Gamejustice (#1) | Page 179 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Gamejustice (#1)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Animalia, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Not Psychic Sally over here though.

[​IMG]

@otenkiame...

You're a winner, baby!

[​IMG]

= #255
    (2/2)

[​IMG]

2013 | Nintendo | Wii U | Platformer

9 Points: @Itty Bitty Piggy
    4 Points: @joe_alouder

Multiplier: 1.2x

Total: 15.6

Animalia:

Poor @Itty Bitty Piggy made it so far without taking a hit, only to be betrayed by the unstoppable irrelevance of the Wii U. Super Mario 3D world was the third-best-selling game for the console after Mario Kart and Super Mario Bros. (whew, a businessman!) and was apparently a really fantastic, adorable addition to the series’ roster, so it’s a wee shame no one was around to see it. For real though, this game is lauded as a shining example of Nintendo reinventing a classic formula with heaps of personality and polished to purrfection. Oh yes. All your favourite Mario characters can turn into cats in this game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

Pokémon Black & White (OspreyQueen, vikeyeol)
    Super Mario 3D World (Itty Bitty Piggy, joe_alouder)

- - -

Bust-A-Groove (BEST FICTION)
    Caesar III (beyoncésweave)
    DanceDanceRevolution 5th Mix (Tribal Spaceman)
    Dynasty Warriors 3 (Squashua)
    Fallout (Empty Shoebox)
    Goemon's Great Adventure (nikkysan)
    Gran Turismo 2 (ThisIsRogue)
    Harvest Moon (If You Go)
    Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns (OspreyQueen)
    Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Dangerous Maknae)
    Phantasy Star Online (evilsin)
    Silent Hill (AshtrayHeart)
    Soul Edge (Mikl C)
    Tenchu Z (eliminathan)
    Tombi (WhenTheSunGoesDown)
    Valkyria Chronicles (soratami)
    Worms 2: Armageddon (Sprockrooster)
    Worms: Open Warfare (2014)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  3. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

The best thing this game did was invent the Captain Toad formula and that's not even shade

4. My basic taste is still taking me far!

LE0Night, soratami, evilsin and 2 others like this.
  5. Super Mario 3D World is the best Mario game I’ve played and that’s tea, so slurp it up.

It still wasn’t on my Top 20 though, and that’s shade, so soak it up.

eliminathan and Animalia like this.
  6. Mario 3D World...She's fun but she's not one of the bigguns, teebs.

7. 3D World is brilliant!

In terms of innovative level design it’s essentially ‘Galaxy 3’ and the cat power-up is iconic.

It’s also the only time a multiplayer Mario platformer has been just as much fun as playing single. Who doesn’t live their best gay life floating around the levels as Peach while their gay brother or partner twirls around as Rosalina?

It didn’t deserve to fall before 73 versions of Pokemon that are still in.

8. [​IMG]

I've made peace with the fact that the Top 20 is going to be filled with Pokemon and Final Fantasy but I hope Mario can pull through with the #1 since it's the only other franchise along with Zelda that could win against those two.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    digitalkaiser and Animalia like this.
  9. The Sims 2 should win this and it will.

Mvnl, papatrick and Animalia like this.
  10. 3D World is brilliant. So is 3D Land for that matter. Not brilliant enough for my list unfortunately.

That final world and the final levels though whew. Nintendo is sadistic.

LE0Night, nikkysan and Animalia like this.
  11. If Zelda isn’t in the top 5, consider this rate officially cancelled.

LE0Night, He, nikkysan and 3 others like this.
  12. If The Sims 2 isn't at least in the top 5, y'all are getting your gay cards revoked.
    [​IMG]

BTG, digitalkaiser, Squashua and 3 others like this.
  13. I think Ocarina and Breath Of The Wild are in with the best shot. Maybe Wind Waker...

LE0Night and Animalia like this.
  14. Let's take a wee look at the current standings before we jump into peoples' Top 5s, shall we?

[​IMG]

(Again, please shout if you spot a mistake, it's surprisingly awkward to keep track of ddd)

In other news, lemme throw another plea for commentary out into the void - my inbox is always open! You'll absolutely have more interesting stuff to say about your faves than I can glean from wikipedia and teebs the fewer games I have to research and write about myself, the quicker we can get through 'em!

[​IMG]

15. C'mon top fives!

= #243
    (1/12)

[​IMG]

2004 | Keith Kurson | PC (Browser) | Pet Sim

16 Points: @Number

Number:

Lemme take this chance to come out the closet once again as a virtual pet site faggot. I realise most kids had their Neopets phase and moved on but I never moved on whoops. Well, yeah, I moved on, but in reality I just jumped ship to Subeta when Neopets went to shit. I'm going to use my commentary as an excuse to cover both games because they're undeniably intertwined. I first got a glimpse of Neopets when my neighbour introduced me to it - though we didn't have the internet at home, I was curious but soon forgot about it. Fast forward a year or two and broadband in my hands; I created an account when my brain sparked its existence and I, aged 12, was entranced. I'd say I spent a good four or five years religiously playing the site - my knowledge is practically an encyclopaedia and still holds up pretty well. Over the years I enjoyed a rollercoaster of emotions - losing my first account on New Year's Eve and crying about it and I still have no idea why it was frozen, being frozen on two other occasions for no reason but managing to retrieve my account, leading a semi-successful guild, being one of the top avatar collectors for a brief period, meeting someone who remains a best friend to this day. But the site suffered over the years as a corporate pawn, being shifted from company to company with less care and attention than the last as the profits tailed off. I still log on from time to time but it's pretty clearly in need of love and attention it'll never receive; the core framework feels rotten, with few changes and improvements, few promises met over the years. There's no way to describe it but sad.

So in steps Subeta, a remedy to a decaying site that's treated with care and attention. The art is typically stunning with staff in close contact, allowing for open criticism and feedback which is frequently listened to. As opposed to dressing up pets there is human avatar customisation which includes tens of thousands of items if y'all love a little virtual dress up like me. The environment is welcoming and friendly - alongside characters representing a full spectrum of POC and LGBT+ identities, alongside awareness of disabilities, which work in sharp contrast to the oppressive, rotten filters on Neopets which stifle almost all conversation. The site is openly liberal and policed as such. The community generally trends in this direction, creating an inclusive space (though there was recent furore over an Oktoberfest-themed event being turned into a vegan celebration, whew, let the majority seethe). There were a couple of really rough years but since the owner handed the day-to-day running to his sister and hired a capable programmer, it has been so refreshing to see a site handled with such care and attention; no problem is too small and, as such, the site is far more polished than one hundreds of times its size. Sure, it doesn't have the deluge of flash games that Neopets includes and there is a fair learning curve for beginners and yeah, being a 27 year old gay that checks in on his virtual pets every day isn't the coolest thing going but there's enough depth for me to keep coming back for over 11 years, an undeniable accolade that easily validates its place on my list.

[​IMG]

Um, yas!? Neopets could never.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. If no-one has voted for my #5 I will be shocked and appalled.

Animalia likes this.
  17. My #5 is definitely getting eliminated.

Animalia likes this.
  18. Halo?

Animalia likes this.
  19. [​IMG]

Animalia likes this.
  20. No I don't. I also don't know the titles of the halos that don't have a number in them.

DJHazey and Animalia like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.