Ultimate Gamejustice (#1) | Page 196 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Gamejustice (#1)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Animalia, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Yaas, to all of this.

BR on Halo 3 was definitely good, but the Halo 2 BR is the best. Though I'd also say the DMR for Halo: Reach was great but that's only because it was over-powered.

I miss the flame grenades and spike grenades too.

I also forgot the mention Last Resort aka Zanzibar, that one was epic too. Whenever we played Assault on it, we'd start on the beach and my entire team would all run to the left side of the map and cause hell, meanwhile I'd crouch walk down the right side with the bomb and then sit right outside the upstairs doorway hidden in the corner waiting for my team to say the base was clear then sprint in and arm the bomb. I was easily one of the best bomb arming players in the game.

The game has gotten faster. In Halo 5 you need to sprint a lot and crouch-slide (yes you sprint-couch and slide across the ground because if you hit B you can boost in any direction) and you can also clamber onto any ledge. So the movement is really fast and unless you can adapt to the game it doesn't work for players used to the classic Halo.

The pro players are all hate the game but grind away anyway. It's a flawed game for sure, but the most enjoyable for me since Halo: Reach (which was also a flawed but fun game). Halo 4 was the one Halo I truly disliked.

LiK and Animalia like this.
  2. I wonder which unfortunate soul will be the first one to lose their #1 game.

[​IMG]

LE0Night, aaronhansome, LiK and 6 others like this.
  3. = #199
    (2/4)

[​IMG]

1995 | Nintendo | SNES / GBA | Platformer

13 Points: @Jonathan27
    3 Points: @If You Go

Mulitplier: 1.2x

Total: 19.2

If You Go:

I had to include this one on my list even though I’ll admit I haven’t played it a lot. But I absolutely adore Yoshi, and I loved watching one of my cousins play it when I was a kid. That same cousin ended up giving it to me as a Christmas gift last year, and while I had very mixed feelings about it since I absolutely suck at 2D Mario (or any Mario that doesn’t involve Karts really) I found myself having fun playing it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. I cannot believe you homos let the best Mario affiliated side scroller crash out at #199.

5. = #199
    (3/4)

[​IMG]

2003 | Remedy Entertainment | PS2 / Xbox / PC | Shooter

11 Points: @Dangerous Maknae
    5 Points: @DominoDancing

Mulitplier: 1.2x

DominoDancing:

Max Payne II improved on the first part in basically every regard, and the neo-noir setting of the first part as well as the bullet-time gameplay where great to begin with. I still enjoyed Max Payne 3, but compared to this, it was just too railroady, and amped up the violence to unnecessary degrees.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. BTG

BTG

Masc games continuing to speak over queer voices:

[​IMG]

Square, Oleander, LE0Night and 19 others like this.
  7. [​IMG]

= #199
    (4/4)

[​IMG]

2004 | Namco | PS2 | Puzzle

10 Points: @If You Go
    6 Points: @Syzygyz

Multiplier: 1.2x

Animalia:

There’s really no other way to describe this game other than just… weird. You play as a tiny prince whose father (the king of the entire cosmos) accidentally destroys the moon and stars after a night of binge-drinking and so sends you to Earth with a magical sticky ball which you roll around, picking up objects, animals and people until it’s big enough to fire into the sky to replace the missing celestial bodies. Y’know, that old chestnut. The Katamari series is much-loved for its quirkiness and simplicity though; Katamari Damacy was one of the first games to be given a permanent spot in the Museum of Modern Art, which ain’t half bad considering it was borne from a school project and cost less than a million doolahs to make. Also, the soundtrack kinda goes all the way off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  8. the soundtrack of my life.

papatrick, evilsin and Animalia like this.
  9. I'm just here to say your graphics are really pretty

10. ICONIC PIECE OF AVANT GARDE ART

11. LiK

LiK

Seeing this game just makes me wish Sony would stop being so complacent and get the PS2 library upon the PS store there's really no excuse.

12. = #198
    (1/1)

[​IMG]

2012 | Silicon Studio | 3DS | JRPG

10 Points: @junglefish
    3 Points: @soratami
    2 Points: @BEST FICTION

Mulitplier: 1.3x

Total: 19.5

soratami:

This was one of the first 3DS games I've ever played and it has that old school Final Fantasy charm absolutely perfected. The turn based combat and job system are brilliantly done and extremely fun, the story is great, the visuals are really pretty, but my favourite thing about this is the funny, charming and likeable cast of characters (queen Edea is probably my #1, but I love them all). The sequel, Bravely Second, is equally excellent, and I'd love for there to be another sequel eventually.

Final Fantasy fans who haven't played this are really missing out. It's easily the best FF game (in everything but name) released in the last several years.

[​IMG]

BEST FICTION:

This game got me through a really tough time when I moved for the first time in my life in 2016. It was really difficult to leave my childhood home and be without internet for 3 months, but I downloaded this right before our internet was cut off. I remember playing this every night in my empty room and being so immersed in it. I've never really delved into RPGs myself, it was more watching my brother play them so I can enjoy the story without the stress. But this was the first time I actually did it myself and I did love it.... But then I hit Chapter 5, got overwhelmed and gave up. I still haven't touched Bravely Second even though I own the collector's box dd.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. [​IMG]

Bravely Default (junglefish, soratami, BEST FICTION)

- - -

Halo 3 (DJHazey, LiK)
    Katamari Damacy (If You Go, Syzygyz)
    Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (Dangerous Maknae, DominoDancing)
    Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Jonathan27, If You Go)

- - -

DanceDanceRevolution SuperNova (iheartpoptarts)
    EarthBound (If You Go)
    Gunbound (Sleet)
    Legend of Mana (send photo)
    Need For Speed 4: Road Challenge (Sprockrooster)
    Ninja Gaiden (2004) (eliminathan)
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (LiK)
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Aidan)
    Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego? (VivaForever)
    Zeus: Master of Olympus (beyoncésweave)

14. Oh, wow. Wasn't expecting a Bravely game to make the list. It's a fantastic JRPG with some charming characters but I mean ... that last chapter, tho. (Mrgrgrgr.)

15. I added so many people’s friend codes so I can just abilink them and sail through the last few chapters but... I just can’t bring myself to do it ddddd. I really want to so I can play Bravely Second though!

Animalia, aaronhansome and junglefish like this.
  16. The Katamari Damacy soundtrack is the most goddamn iconic soundtrack in gaming.

17. Both Bravely games are fun for what they are - the job system is a wonderful homage to the Final Fantasy titles we know and love and the battle system is a fun twist on traditional turn-based encounters and pretty challenging, particularly at the start. The story... well, it is what it is. I played the second game heavily for a week and reached the end of the postgame before dropping it indefinitely. I think the reliance on the first game's assets made it wear a little thin, even with the new inclusions, but the freedom to experiment with the more out there jobs was welcomed while the new environments were gorgeous.

Animalia, _hazzie_ and aaronhansome like this.
  18. Almost at the end of individual lists. Where the fun really starts. Still can’t believe I’ve only lost one game.

Oh I’ve lost two but I can’t remember what the second is! Still amazing.

OH again I think it was FFXIII?

19. Katamary Damacy is iconic as is its soundtrack. I love the Japanese!

20. I really enjoyed both Bravely games. I’d buy a third instalment in Switch in a second. I love the characters. Obviously that part in the story is... urgh. But other than that, fantastic!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.