Ultimate Gamejustice (#1) | Page 197 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Gamejustice (#1)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Animalia, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Wouldn't be surprised if I went out fast on that round.

soratami and Animalia like this.
  2. Goodbye!

3. Whew, we've finally made it to the top.

Amazingly, only two peoples' #1 picks didn't get a second vote!

Unfortunately, two peoples' #1 picks didn't get a second vote ":("

[​IMG]

= #196
    (1/2)

[​IMG]

1997 | Racdym | N64 / PS1 | Racing

20 Points: @nikkysan

nikkysan:

This was the game that cemented my love for video games. I remember being only around 5-6 years old when I got it from the local Blockbuster to rent and just instantly falling in love with it. I had played Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing prior, and while they were great, they just didn't compare to this game. It took the concept of racing around unrealistic locations with weapons and powerups like any kart racer, but added the addition to take huge jumps and perform tricks (preceeding Mario Kart (and probably many other racers) when they added jumps and tricks in the Wii version). This game is a game that's very dear to my heart, it could only be my #1 game of all time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Welp, I was expecting it.

Mvnl, Oleander, LE0Night and 8 others like this.
  5. That was one of those games I always wanted to rent but picked something else instead ":("

Mvnl, Square, evilsin and 2 others like this.
  6. Almost at the exclusive multi-vote section. I'm so excited! This rate continues to be the best thing on the internet.

Mvnl, ThisIsRogue, Robert and 5 others like this.
  7. I rented it for like a year before my parents finally bought it for me.

Also the punctuation in that last sentence of my commentary is a mess, using the word “game” thrice in a single sentence.

aaronhansome likes this.
  8. And the other unlucky voter?

[​IMG]

= #196
    (2/2)

[​IMG]

2005 | Genius Sonority | GameCube | RPG

20 Points: @Oleander

Animalia:

It’s a nice wee coincidence that we kicked off this whole rate with Pokémon Stadium 2, and now the very last single-vote game is the only other console Pokémon game to make the list. XD Gale of Darkness was, if you ask anyone other than Game Freak themselves, the sequel to 2003’s Pokémon Colosseum; it takes place in the same desert region of Orre, and builds on that game’s lore-destroying mechanic of stealing (“snagging”) other trainers’ Pokémon rather than catching wild ones. Of course, you’re only snagging “Shadow Pokémon” from the evil Team Cipher who have closed their hearts, and only in order to then purify them so they can be happy while you force them to battle to the death.

[​IMG]

Everyone’s favourite [sic] mascot Eevee takes the role of the protagonist’s starter Pokémon in the game, with an NPC early on gifting you an evolution item of your choice, including Sun- and Moon-themed ones for Espeon and Umbreon fucking hell @Game Freak just put that in the main series already goddammit. XD Gale of Darkness also marked the video game debuts of Gen IV Pokémon Munchlax and Bonsly, a full year before Diamond and Pearl were released, after they were thrust on to the silver screen in Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys – not that you all need reminding of that, of course.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. From this point on it makes more sense to do these summaries every ~20 games or so rather than on a points basis, so have an awkward little two-game one for ya nerves!

[​IMG]

Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness (Oleander)
    Snowboard Kids (nikkysan)

10. I wonder when it will be appropriate to nail my colours to the mast for my #1. Probably when all my others have fallen.

Animalia likes this.
  11. RJF

RJF

@Oleander sis, precious, babe, sweetie. You are a Pokémon superfan to the point of taking (and now, if memory serves, teaching) a class on it... and you pick fucking XD Gale of Darkness as your favourite game ever? My favourite XD memory was when I sold it for £45 on eBay this year. I'm gonna need explanations, honey, and pronto.

Square, Oleander, LE0Night and 11 others like this.
  12. The good sis Linda getting gif’d for this rate made my morning!

WhenTheSunGoesDown and Animalia like this.
  13. This title keeps making me double-take.

14. Here's how y'all stand as we prepare to enter the real meat of the rate:

[​IMG]

Also, I can now say that four people landed matches for every single game on their list, even if they've lost some before now:

@Itty Bitty Piggy
    @otenkiame
    @RJF
    @Xanax

Clap for those hookers!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  15. Me being almost game over like @VivaForever and @Dangerous Maknae, but feeling lucky anyway as I would not be surprised with one of my few leftover games actually winning this.

Animalia likes this.
  16. #talent

[​IMG]

Oleander, LE0Night, soratami and 8 others like this.
  17. SO GEWLS, here we are. Only 190 games left and they all received multiple votes; basically from this point on, anything could go at any time and only myself, gay god and the FBI agents spying on my laptop have any idea.

[​IMG]

let's-a-go!

= #190
    (1/6)

[​IMG]

1999 | New World Computing | PC | Strategy

10 Points: @DominoDancing
    7 Points: @evilsin

Multiplier: 1.2x

Total: 20.4

DominoDancing:

The last in the Heroes of Might & Magic series I can stand, but oh, the hours I've spent on this game must rival the time I've spent on Civilization V.

[​IMG]

evilsin:

Fun fact - I never got to completing all of the campaigns. I guess the castle building and the exploratory aspects of the game were more to my liking and the campaign missions hindered those for me. I love me some pixel art and Heroes II could easily be here, but the graphics in the 3rd one just took my breath away. God, the way they made the castles look! Gorgeous castles, beautiful castles. Conflux all the way for the win though. Most of the creatures look amazing as well, so I had to put this one on my list.

I still remember what a hot mess our hot sit sessions with my friends were, such fun times!

[​IMG]

WHEW that's a big ol' gif

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Clarification - I was voting for the Armaggedon's Blade version. Still, what a fucking game for the ages. I need to boot up that awful HD remaster sometime soon.

DominoDancing and Animalia like this.
  19. Oh yeah I lumped together expansion packs with their core games!

Also, if anyone fancies a reminder of what games they've lost/have left (maybe if you're feeling generous with commentary who knows dd) just gimme a shout and I'll chuck a wee PM your way!

[​IMG]

20. [​IMG]

Square, Mushroom, Oleander and 18 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.