Ultimate Gamejustice (#1) | Page 244 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Gamejustice (#1)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Animalia, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Thank you so much! And don't worry, I do.

LE0Night, Animalia and iheartpoptarts like this.
  2. Maxis is effectively dead, no? Sadly we only have to look towards the primitive dismantling of The Sims 4 for an idea of how EA would handle a project like that nowadays. Hypothetically it could be incredible; in reality, it'd be shambolic.

Hyrulian and Animalia like this.
  3. Pretty sure Maxis was 'revived' for The Sims Team, but I think it's mainly team members from EA who make up Maxis now, rather than original members who made the early SimCity and The Sims so wonderful.

Soo yes, in reality, it would still be shambolic.

4. Ah sure, I did a quick scan of Wiki and it said most of them were moved across to EA Mobile so I wasn't entirely sure of their current position. But yeah, RIP, effectively.

Animalia and papatrick like this.
  5. What y’all know about Crash Team Racing?

It’s not eliminated already, is it?

6. Man, that one was da shit.

nikkysan, Animalia, papatrick and 5 others like this.
  7. The one time I really noticed it was when I suddenly got disproportionately awful at the bridge levels. And I used to like those!

(I still got my life though.)

I used to play it while listening to the Pokémon movie soundtrack on repeat.

I know people like to drag nostalgia around here but 1999 fucking loved me.

Animalia, _hazzie_, LiK and 3 others like this.
  8. Honestly, such a fun game -- they should have remastered that one too and included it in the trilogy.

soratami, Animalia and iheartpoptarts like this.
  9. LiK

LiK

If they did that then it would only be allowed to be on PS4 since Sony owns the rights to that game. I really don't understand why they haven't remastered it, include online play. It could be Sony's Mario Kart. It should totally be a thing for PS5 since PS4 era is coming to an end.

Animalia likes this.
  10. Nope! Wouldn't it be fun if Crash Team Racing ranked higher than any of the main Crash games?

[​IMG]

LE0Night, Aidan, Remorque and 11 others like this.
  11. [​IMG]

= #82
    (1/2)

[​IMG]

1988 | Nintendo | NES | Platformer

13 Points: @beyoncésweave
    11 Points: @roblognick
    5 Points: @Tribal Spaceman
    2 Points: @AshtrayHeart, @KingBruno, @WhenTheSunGoesDown

Multiplier: 1.6x

Total: 56

roblognick:

New Super Mario Bros. Series cannot hold a candle to this game.

[​IMG]

KingBruno:

While Super Mario Bros. established its genre, Super Mario Bros. 3completed it. For the period it was released in, the game seems miraculously incredible and won the test of time as an utterly playable and addictive game. The world map that got introduced here reinforced the clarity of the Super Mario series. Besides, the addition of a wider range of powers such as flying via the Super Leaf or sliding down slopes made the game much more comprehensive than the predecessors.

[​IMG]

WhenTheSunGoesDown:

My love for this game can’t purely be nostalgia, right? I’m pretty sure it’s truly a great game. So many memorable levels, fun secrets and great minigames. I must have spent about 200 hours of my life battling my sister in that Mario Bros arcade minigame.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

13. Poor @WhenTheSunGoesDown being the first voter to miss a tagification thanks to the forrem's weird rules, sorry sis. Our first game to nab six votes though, Mario's impact!

[​IMG]

Mushroom, LE0Night, Remorque and 15 others like this.
  14. I love classic Mario. But I was such a Sega kid growing up, so I have to try very hard not to run way too fast and hit a ton of things in the process.

Mvnl, Remorque, soratami and 3 others like this.
  15. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Mario 3 is my favourite classic Mario game. I had comics, toys and books from that era too.

iheartpoptarts and Animalia like this.
  16. I should just rename myself @AYearWithoutRain and get tagged first in the future.
    (Honestly, if I'd ever use my one username change I'd probably go for my imaginary drag persona @PixieLess)

17. [​IMG]

every gay trying to learn how to drive.

18. It's the last game of the batch, and we're sticking with racoons...

[​IMG]

= #82
    (2/2)

[​IMG]

1996 | Capcom | PS1 / PC | Survival Horror

19 Points: @inevitable
    10 Points: @AshtrayHeart
    7 Points: @ThisIsRogue
    4 Points: @nikkysan

Multiplier: 1.4x

Total: 56

Animalia:

I think this is the biggest surprise of the rate so far for me? Sorry Twilight Princess! I know it’s partly on my own head for separating this from the GameCube remake, but still, the original Resident Evil is easily one of the most influential and simply most iconic video games of all time. The good sis Mikami invented what is now one of the biggest genres in gaming with this title; not everyone has that. While it suffers some inevitable quality of life issues by nature of being an early PS1 game, those clumsy tank controls, fixed camera angles and oppressively small corridors in some ways make it even more effective as a survival horror now, wildly.

[​IMG]

Introducing masc4masc icon Chris Redfield and the master of unlocking haself Jill Valentine to the classic video game character canon, spawning six sequels (along with countless spin-offs) and launching one of the most critically-acclaimed, technically ground-breaking, box-office-smashing movie series of all time, Resident Evil truly is one for the history books.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. [​IMG]

Resident Evil (inevitable, AshtrayHeart, ThisIsRogue, nikkysan)
    Super Mario Bros. 3 (beyoncésweave, roblognick, Tribal Spaceman, AshtrayHeart, KingBruno, WhenTheSunGoesDown)

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (AshtrayHeart, iheartpoptarts, WhenTheSunGoesDown)
    SimCity 4 (beyoncésweave, Hyrulian, Number)

Paper Mario (Posh Spears, send photo, He)

SSX Tricky (2014, LiK, Syzygyz)

Mass Effect 3 (Stradiwhovius, evilsin, Animalia, kalonite)

Fire Emblem (Jonathan27, GeiPanda, Petty Mayonnaise)
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice For All (BEST FICTION, junglefish, bakerboy92)
    Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (Empty Shoebox, KingBruno, Jonathan27)

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS & Wii U (Jonathan27, KingBruno, Posh Spears, Lost Boy)

The Secret of Monkey Island (DominoDancing, Robert, Number)

Banjo-Kazooie (bakerboy92, vikeyeol, GeiPanda, Itty Bitty Piggy)
    Mario Kart: Double Dash (nikkysan, _hazzie_, Lost Boy, Jonathan27)
    Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Animalia, soratami, send photo, LiK)

Bioshock (inevitable, Syzygyz, He)
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (Number, kalonite, KamikazeHeart)

Rayman (Filler, Sleet, WhenTheSunGoesDown)
    Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (Mikl C, He, AshtrayHeart)

20. I was expecting this to be much higher but hey at least the second one is still in. Iconic title that began it all and who could forget the opening video with the terrible acting?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.