Ultimate Gamejustice (#1) | Page 271 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Gamejustice (#1)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Animalia, Mar 1, 2018.

1. fff I don't know why this decription caught me so off-guard but I adore it.

Whoops, thank you! I'd noticed the UI was different but it was for the PS2/GameCube versions too so I just thought it was more port nonsense dd.

[​IMG]

I tried so hard to get into Red Dead having loved GTA for so long and I just found it - noah fence to those who voted for it - pretty... boring? The first time I tied someone to a train track and waited for some poor driver to come along and finish the job I was a bit like "well... I guess I've done the most interesting thing this game has to offer already ¯\_(ツ)_/¯". That's probably unfair, but I feel like Red Dead dialled back the chaotic sandbox energy of GTA a bit to focus on telling a story in a more unusual, epic environment, and I just didn't find that story or its world particularly engaging. Sorry.

However it did give us the sequel, which in turn gave us this iconic video, so

(Also, the last cut of this batch is en route, just sorting out the round-up stuff.)

2. The last game to miss out on our Top 40?

[​IMG]

(1/1)

[​IMG]

2004 | Intelligent Systems | GameCube | RPG

20 Points: @Posh Spears
    17 Points: @HeartSwells
    8 Points: @send photo
    7 Points: @LE0Night
    5 Points: @Syzygyz
    4 Points: @bakerboy92, @Sleet

Multiplier: 1.7x

Total: 110.5

HeartSwells:

If one thing Nintendo know how to do is inject fun into stale genres. Now this ain't trying to be shady to RPGs, a heavy story and heavier combat combination has made for some incredible games; but TTYD's mixture of humour, platforming, puzzles and time based combat makes for a game that is truly one of the best games ever. The writing is brilliant, the combat is actually FUN with plenty of flexibility from the badge system. Chapter 3 and it's mystery remains one of my favourite chapters in gaming.

[​IMG]

send photo:

I do prefer the original, but that's basically comparing perfect apples with more perfect apples.

[​IMG]

bakerboy92:

This entry might not have been the first wacky good time in the Paper Mario series, but all these years later it's still the best. It improved on the formula of the first, remains a visually stunning experience (it felt like playing through a comic book), and had one of the most memorable gaming sequences I've ever played through in the form of that hilarious wrestling tournament. This game is just ... well, fun. It's exemplary of what Nintendo does so well even when they take a stab at a genre they don't normally involve themselves with. Also, the Gamecube controller felt perfect for how this series' gameplay handles. The oversized A button actually made sense for the timed combat moves, and it reminds me the Gamecube controller's design was actually headed in the right direction. Not all buttons are created equal!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Posh Spears, HeartSwells, send photo, LE0Night, Syzygyz, bakerboy92, Sleet)

Red Dead Redemption (NecessaryVoodoo, CaliDevotion, LiK, ThisIsRogue, inevitable)

Journey (LE0Night, aaronhansome, WhenTheSunGoesDown, madeofghosts, kalonite, eliminathan)

Soulcalibur 2 (nikkysan, evilsin, BEST FICTION, He, Tribal Spaceman, Filler)

Age of Empires 2 (CaliDevotion, Lost Boy, bakerboy92, beyoncésweave, If You Go)

Portal (roblognick, madeofghosts, vikeyeol, Filler, He, Empty Shoebox)
    Tomb Raider (WhenTheSunGoesDown, stuaw, inevitable, nikkysan, Robert, ThisIsRogue)

Halo: Combat Evolved (DJHazey, madeofghosts, eliminathan, aaronhansome, otenkiame)
    Metal Gear Solid (CaliDevotion, ThisIsRogue, stuaw, WhenTheSunGoesDown, GeiPanda)
    Shadow of the Colossus (WhenTheSunGoesDown, joe_alouder, Xanax, soratami, LE0Night)

Dark Souls (Stradiwhovius, madeofghosts, Xanax, LiK)
    Half-Life 2 (Syzygyz, vikeyeol, madeoghosts, Empty Shoebox)
    Tomb Raider: Legend (Lost Boy, playboy69, Aidan, WhenTheSunGoesDown)

Chrono Trigger (GeiPanda, Petty Mayonnaise, KamikazeHeart, WhenTheSunGoesDown, If You Go, Sleet)

Persona 5 (VivaForever, joe_alouder, LiK, Jonathan27, Petty Mayonnaise, Xanax)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (DJHazey, stuaw, inevitable, MollieSwift21, AshtrayHeart)

Overwatch (Jonathan27, ddog, digitalkaiser, KamikazeHeart, Lost Boy, vikeyeol, Petty Mayonnaise)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Itty Bitty Piggy, joe_alouder, HeartSwells, KingBruno, madeofghosts)

Resident Evil 4 (_hazzie_, KamikazeHeart, AshtrayHeart, madeofghosts)

Tekken 3 (GeiPanda, Sprockrooster, BEST FICTION, Mikl C, _hazzie_)

4. Does anyone still have green HP at this point?

Robert, evilsin and Animalia like this.
  5. [​IMG]

I'm updating the hp graphic at the moment, it takes facking forever let me live

6. I'm so sad TTYD is gone, but honestly surprised it made it this far. That game is video-game-making at its finest and I wouldn't hear otherwise.

Animalia likes this.
  7. Not Bob-omb speaking tea

8. I'm... very surprised one of my remaining games is still in. Whew, you came through for sis.

Animalia and soratami like this.
  9. I’m still thinking about this.

aaronhansome, Animalia and papatrick like this.
  10. I'm feeling personally attacked.

(1/1)

[​IMG]

1998 | Naughty Dog | PS1 | Platformer

17 Points: @KingBruno
    16 Points: @Aidan
    13 Points: @Dangerous Maknae, @Tribal Spaceman
    9 Points: @evilsin
    3 Points: @nikkysan

Multiplier: 1.6x

Total: 113.6

KingBruno:

With ease the best Crash game so far – every feature is better than what had come before and to date it remains one of the most priceless 3D platform experiences I’ve ever had. It’s a bombardment of good concepts, with all the game’s components merging ideally. Just observing the way it looks is jaw-dropping, considering how long ago it was released.

The visuals for Warped are unbelievably beautiful and comprehensive for its time, take for example the water in the jet ski levels that have waves which were more realistic than any other PlayStation game. The whole presentation is gloriously stunning; the setup is exemplary, the animation is ace and there are slick special effects everywhere. The game has an extremely likable undisturbed and cartoonish animation that is beyond compare – that needles to say turns this specific quality into world-class – but the fine execution also relies on the boundless display span and 3D epitomes. All looks just so lucid, vivid, fluidly animated and vastly thorough.

Meanwhile it’s the audio that had the most effect on me as a player, which strikingy wants to evoke a reckless Crash, PARTICULARLY the villainous drum pattern when wearing the Aku Aku (a mask that can make you invulnerable). The music, audio effects and voice-overs are great and skillfully done, with the emphasis on the latter aspect. The tunes are for sure inspired by cartoons, truthfully most other things too, but I’d seriously fight anyone who takes Warped for something else as a unique, authentic platformer.

[​IMG]

Aidan:

The best Crash game.

[​IMG]

evilsin:

Yes, Mario, you are the best platformer of all time, and I'mma let you finish, but Crash is the best platformer to me.

This was peak Crash for me, although I did enjoy his foray into racing and party games as well. The way the developers managed to pack this with different gamplay elements to diversify the game and still keep the humor and gradual difficulty is astonishing. This also contains one of my all time favorite boss battle which is Dr. N.Gin. What an amazing way to change the usual boss formula to shooter style here.

I already have the remaster, so this rate only reminds me to delve into this once again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. [​IMG]

#1 Mortal Kombat: Trilogy
    #2 Crash Team Racing
    #3 Stronghold: Crusader
    #4 Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban
    #5 Worms: World Party

#6 Need For Speed: Most Wanted
    #7 Neighbors From Hell
    #8 Crash Bandicoot: Warped
    #9 Clash of Clans
    #10 Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne

#11 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    #12 Chicken Invaders 3
    #13 Streets of Rage
    #14 Mafia
    #15 Super Mario Bros.

#16 WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010
    #17 Harry Potter & the Philosopher’s Stone
    #18 Virtua Cop 2
    #19 Action Girlz Racing
    #20 Tiny Toon Adventures

13. i´ll be forever thankful to @Dangerous Maknae for introducing me to "Action Girlz Racing"
    [​IMG] and miss ambers iconiqué catchphrases.

[​IMG]

and now r.i.p., sweaty.

14. The funny thing is I always thought I played really cool games as a kid. But thanks to this rate, I realized my game collection was basically half masc games that my older brother bought and half the shittiest games ever (+ Crush games collection that one of my friends gave me for my birthday ddd).

No wonder why I stopped playing games since i was like 13.

15. He

He

There’s a before and after Action Girlz Racing, in my life.

Thank you Maknae.

DJHazey, _hazzie_, Animalia and 6 others like this.
  16. I forgot about the third Crash and thought it was Castlevania. I'm a mess, dddd.

Animalia likes this.
  17. NO ONE SAW THAT ELIMINATION I DIDN'T REALISE IT WAS THE LAST POST ON THE PAGE

(1/1)

[​IMG]

1992 | Sega | Sega MegaDrive | Platformer

20 Points: @iheartpoptarts
    16 Points: @AshtrayHeart
    14 Points: @GeiPanda
    12 Points: @roblognick
    6 Points: @Tribal Spaceman
    4 Points: @Itty Bitty Piggy

Multiplier: 1.6x

Total: 115.2

iheartpoptarts:

This was my intro to video games. I was very little and I had no idea what I was doing.

At some point I got tired of the first zone, and I realized if you didn't press start at the title screen when the game told you to press start, it would take you to cooler zones. But obviously the demo I was "playing" would stop after 30 seconds or so and I didn't know why. So I went to my Dad like, "The Sega is BROKEN!"

Um, yeah. That was stupid.

[​IMG]

So I figured it all out, eventually, and Sonic the Hedgehog was pretty much my video game childhood. One time I wrote a letter to Sonic like he was Santa Claus and somehow got a t-shirt back in the mail and it made my life. And I do still have it around somewhere today, though it has a tiny spot of glitter glue from one of my Jazzy Jewelry sets on it. That was a thing in the 90s.

(Most irrelevant YouTube embed in the video game thread? Probably.)

In other thoughts, I just found out that they finally made the Hidden Palace Zone a thing in some mobile remake and now I will have to get it.

[​IMG]

roblognick:

Sonic Mania has done a pretty good job of giving me the feeling I had playing Sonic 2 for the first time, but it went on a little too long. I woke my dad up at 6am on Sonic 2sday and we drove to the game store for opening to get this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mr.Arroz, Mushroom, DJHazey and 25 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.