Ultimate Gamejustice (#1) | Page 95 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Gamejustice (#1)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Animalia, Mar 1, 2018.

1. BTG

BTG

Classic-era Sonya was amazing.

Saving the world and serving luminous green gym attire? Only an icon.

[​IMG]

LE0Night, Oleander, He and 2 others like this.
  2. BTG

BTG

Kii, I was going to include Final Fantasy but they're always more about the ensemble. Beat 'em ups allowed me to live my best gay life vicariously through wonderfully dressed heroines.

LE0Night, Remorque, stuaw and 2 others like this.
  3. He

He

I do like all the cutscenes and character crossovers from Brawl, but the gameplay itself is a bit sluggish compared to Melee or WiiU.

Fighting games are all about the iconique female cast.

Sonya and Chun-Li and Cammy basically made stan women in videogames.

Squashua and Animalia like this.
  4. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

I loved Super smash Bros Brawl but never owned a Wii so didn’t play it enough to give it a spot on my list. Go to was Pit normally, Kirby for the throwback and the ice climbers to troll!

Animalia likes this.
  5. Fighting games aren’t masc, not when you can play as the most fabulously fierce female fighters, every gay wanted to be Xiaoyu or Nina back then.

Brawl is fine, but I’m glad it didn’t outlast the other Smash games which are better in my opinion (provided that people voted for them).

LE0Night, evilsin, soratami and 4 others like this.
  6. Brawl was fucking incredible but I limited myself to one entry for the series given that they're all comparable. I was definitely the best at Brawl, it's slower mechanics meant I could wipe the floor with anyone using Lucas.

7. ALSO reminder that Tifa is a gay icon and doesn't get nearly the coverage she deserves compared to Cloud and Aerith.

8. Who was the character in Brawl that used to sound like he was shouting "TK Butthurt" at people before shooting off some kind of energy ball? My brother always used to pick him and that soundbite seemed appropriate everytime I smacked him into oblivion with Kirby's hammer and falling ton-weight powers.

LE0Night, eliminathan and Animalia like this.
  9. Tekken 4 suffers from being sandwiched in between two games that are far better than it--Tekken 3 is the best game in the series by some margin.

Brawl on the other hand, is by far and away the absolute worst game in the Smash Bros series; subspace was a cute idea with poor execution, the gameplay got way too slow and floaty, the imbalance is even worse than the first game (to the extent that Meta Knight was banned in most tournaments), and tripping is possibly the worst mechanic ever included in the series. It speaks volumes that the only signs of life the game showed a year after release were Project M, which literally was billed as 'Melee for Wii'.

He, Animalia and nikkysan like this.
  10. Seeing that Nancy Drew PC game reminds me of the most bizarre PC "mystery/find the hidden objects" game I ever played. I just looked it up and it's called Plagiarii. Basically, the female protagonist Evelyn wakes up in an abandoned psychiatric hospital with amnesia and as you progress in the story to you have to interact with an alien species on their ship and it eventually ends with you going back in time and marrying a medieval prince or something. I only played it because I had no internet one day and had a habit of playing those Wild Tangent free trials for those mystery games back in the day. I also remember playing the Murder She Wrote game dddddd.

11. Melee is ugly so I don’t fuck with it.

12. I love the Murder, She Wrote games! Well, aside from the voice acting.

The second one even has a random-ass Fullmetal Alchemist reference, which completely made my life.
    This sounds like an acid trip of a game and I need it.

13. LiK

LiK

I loved Brawl some of the most fun I ever had playing with friends for endless hours. I hated tripping but it wasn't a deal breaker, it was the one game that we always could settle on we wanted to play.

It was #15 on my first draft, sorry @BEST FICTION lol.

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is the best one for me.

14. Time to find out the final 4-pointer!

= #479
    (24/24)

[​IMG]

2012 | Arkane Studios | Various | Action-Adventure

4 Points: @madeofghosts

madeofghosts:

Human Revolution was ok but this is the true successor to the Deus Ex crown for me - admittedly a slight "consolisation" of the idea but hits the perfect balance of simplicity and depth, with great world-building to boot and a fantastically versatile core mechanic in "blinking". Also a morality system that isn't shit! Who knew that was possible?

Animalia:

Not a game that I’ve actually played??? Dishonored really is great though; I find most stealth-based games can get a bit monotonous, but this really managed to keep me excited by giving me so many choices as to how I wanted to play it, and the temptation to replay missions after learning all the NPCs’ habits to get through it completely undetected was too damn real.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Dddd that was Lucas.

16. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Audiosurf (Empty Shoebox)
    Bloody Roar Extreme (Eliminathan)
    Dishonored (madeofghosts)
    Fire Emblem: Binding Blade (Jonathan27)
    Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (OspreyQueen)
    LEGO: Star Wars (Aidan)
    Loom (DominoDancing)
    Mario Party 5 (Posh Spears)
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Syzygyz)
    Nancy Drew: The Phantom of Venice (VivaForever)
    P.N.03 (_hazzie_)
    Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (stuaw)
    SimCity (roblognick)
    Star Wars Episode I: Racer (DJHazey)
    Street Fighter Alpha 2 (AshtrayHeart)
    Suikoden V (soratami)
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl (BEST FICTION)
    Tekken 4 (beyoncésweave)
    Tetris (Sprockrooster)
    The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (digitalkaiser)
    The Logical Journey of the Zoombinis (Squashua)
    World of Illusion: Mickey Mouse (Robert)
    Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions (Filler)
    Zombies Ate My Neighbors (iheartpoptarts)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  17. Dishonored only just missed my shortlist, so I'm glad someone else included it. A fantastic series and I'm not really one for first person games usually but the art style, world building and story are just SO good.

LE0Night, soratami, LiK and 1 other person like this.
  18. @BEST FICTION you’re always a beast tbh.

LE0Night, Oleander, evilsin and 7 others like this.
  19. Dishonored is really great. I remember trying to do a full stealth/no kills run only for it to not register because of a guard dog falling off a ledge somewhere along the way or something. That was annoying.

I need to play the sequel sometime.

LE0Night and Animalia like this.
  20. Not me finally making it through a round without eliminations and feeling falsely triumphant.

[​IMG]

LE0Night, Mr.Arroz, Robert and 19 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.