Ultimate Gamejustice (#75) | Page 130 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Gamejustice (#75)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Animalia, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Hey guys! A quick heads up, I'm back home for various family shindigs and shenanigans for the weekend; it shouldn't affect eliminations much if I can get a few done before this evening, I just won't be all that active on the forrem until Tuesday.

And the MTV Video Game Award for Best Game With A Social Message goes to...

= #401
    (19/22)

[​IMG]

2013 | 3909 LLC | PC / Mobile / Vita | Puzzle

7 Points: @diamond dogs

Animalia:

Papers, Please is an indie puzzle game in which you take on the role of an immigration officer on the borders of a fictional dystopian country. The player must examine the passports, visas, etc. and listen to the pleas of people trying to enter the country to decide whether they should be allowed in against ever-changing sets of rules; your character is paid based on how many legally “correct” decisions you make, and that money supplies your family with food, shelter and security. Sounds fantastic if you’re into a wee bit of moral torture! It’s a fantastic idea for a game though, and I’m glad it received the attention it deserves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. I had this one too! The character models were very SpiceWorld and I seem to remember you could just smack the ball into your opponent’s body/face and win the point automatically. Amazing OST too where everything sounded like LOONA’s Girl Front circa 1999.

3. But are you guys aware of the original, Namco Tennis Smash Court? I think it came with the Playstation when my family bought it, me and me three brothers played double matches so much.

It also had an amazing feature where you could buy stuff and decorate your own tennis court with it for us gays to unleash our exterior designers ddd

Oleander, papatrick, nikkysan and 4 others like this.
  4. Me arriving in Narita in 2 weeks.

LE0Night, Oleander, nikkysan and 2 others like this.
  5. Papers Please is such a brilliant game. Not only does it have one of the most unique game mechanics ever, it also suceedes in storytelling and character building on so many levels just with its amazing gameplay. Highly recommended!

6. = #401
    (20/22)

[​IMG]

1999 | Square | PS1 | JRPG

7 Points: @Petty Mayonnaise

Animalia:

Chrono Cross was the “spiritual successor” to Chrono Trigger, which – quelle surprise – we’ll meet in the future. The story follows Serge, a young boy who slips into an alternate universe in which he died as a child and strives to uncover the connection between the realities because that sounds like a great idea and definitely not something that will end up with him being killed again. In terms of gameplay it’s your standard JRPG fare (not a bad thing!) with instanced battles and a skill/development system similar to Final Fantasy VII’s materia, but with an impressive cast of 45 characters to recruit and cause-and-effect puzzles involving hopping between parallel dimensions to spice things up a bitsy. A sequel was planned but unfortunately never greenlit, because in the words of the series producer: “If people want a sequel, they should buy more!”

ddd drag my Squeenix stanning ass for never having played this series a bit

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Kind of wish I'd gotten into RPGs a few years earlier so I wouldn't have missed on stuff like Chrono Cross, Lufia and so on. Then again I was a bit too young when they were released.

nikkysan, iheartpoptarts and Animalia like this.
  8. 1999 was such a good year for everything.

LiK and Animalia like this.
  9. I'm not losing hope, that someday I'll play both Lufia and Chrono Cross.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    LE0Night, nikkysan, Squashua and 2 others like this.
  10. It should be a while before we see that one!

[​IMG]

11. Fire Emblem is INCREDIBLE so that shows how good AoE2 is, being better.

Animalia likes this.
  12. Chrono Cross I get, but... there's a pretty easy solution to playing SNES classics like Lufia. Morally questionable, but it's easy.

13. Okay I'm definitely drunk because I spent a good minute or two taking this to mean your mom was forgoing showering daily to play the game.

14. Ddd that's what I thought too until just now.

Animalia, Oleander and Mushroom like this.
  15. You say this like emulating a PlayStation is hard. No excuse. Everyone. Play. Chrono. Cross. There are so many iconic ladies you can have in your party, and really we all know that's the most important part of a good RPG.
    [​IMG]

16. Is this why I've literally only taken Cassandra, Sera, and Vivienne out for any excursion in Inquisition?

17. [​IMG]

Emulating Playstation was a mess when I tried it like... ten years ago, but I guess it must have made some progess since then.

18. Sis if I can emulate PS2 games with decent to great framerate on my shitty Macbook, you sure can find a way to emulate Chrono Cross.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  19. Emulating PS1 games is laughably easy nowadays, any half decent laptop can run them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.