Ultimate Gamejustice (#75) | Page 82 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Gamejustice (#75)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Animalia, Mar 1, 2018.

1. I had this for PlayStation and the main character was voiced by Ashley from O-Town and it made my life.

evilsin, Animalia and VivaForever like this.
  2. I made the agonising decision to remove Half-Life and Goldeneye from my list despite the huge amounts of nostalgia I have for them, because they haven’t aged well and have been surpassed by newer titles.

Meanwhile you guys are out here voting for... these.

3. I used to love the level on Goldeneye when you're in Elektra's house. She was the best Bond girl. It was my bro's game though I didn't know what was going on. 007 Bond Racing or whatever it was called was an amazing game though.

Animalia likes this.
  4. Lunar was one of the first RPGs I remember skipping school for so I could grind. (Later games I'd skip school for to grind: Golden Sun, Phantasy Star, Diablo--though Diablo is basically all grinding, period.) Maybe I'm in a minority on this, but I actually really like grind-y games. I think the repetition is sort of therapeutic.

Lunar also had a badass main villain who was equal parts menace and stud.

[​IMG]

5. RJF

RJF

That reminds me, let me fire up my emulator and finish off my Golden Sun replay so I can move on to The Lost Age.

6. It does, but in context it was, dare I say... iconic.

Sublime and euphoric, even.

7. There's actually three games: They put out a prequel Lunar game for the DS in 2005. Lunar: Dragon Song.

... But it was honestly one of the most actively terrible RPGs I've ever played, so we can go back to forgetting it exists.

evilsin and Animalia like this.
  8. I see someone reads the "Forum business" subforum.
    [​IMG]

9. Right, one final three-pointer then we finally hit our first games to snatch more than one vote!

= #505
    (27/27)

[​IMG]

1999 | Team17 | Various | Strategy

3 Points: @Squashua

Squashua:

Fun fact: I won four numbers on the lottery once when I was a mere 8 year old (obviously my mum bought the ticket, I just picked the numbers) and what did I buy with it? Worms Armageddon from the local dodgy games dealership. Look ok, I was a very solitary overweight, buck-toothed child so if anything it was my parents’ attempt to get a new outlet for me rather than hosting Pop Idol or Big Brother style contests for my various teddies and beanie babies for hours alone in my cupboard-sized room. Did Worms help in place of a child psychologist? Well that’s debatable but it sure was fun flinging an explosive baa-ing 2D sheep into a ditch where a bunch of cowgirl-voiced worms named after my classmates & I lay in wait for the impending barnyard kaboom (look I said don’t judge). I probably played the 3D version for PS2 more, and had Junior Senior’s Shake Your Coconuts haunting my dreams ever since, but the 2D original is where the magic began. Holy hand grenades, cockney accents, sudden death global warming induced floods, Hadouken punching your enemies, literally just prodding a worm off a cliff with a single finger and calling it a day… it really did have it all.

Animalia:

I feel the bit about hosting competitions for beanie babies TOO DAMN MUCH but yes, the 90s Worms games were iconique. The perfect blend of absurdity and actual skill-requiring gameplay, plus the theme song is incredible:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Worms Armageddon! I've had so many great times playing this game, huddled around a pc with a friend from elementary school. The Holy Handgrenades were the funniest thing in the world to me back then.

Can I get @Squashua to write my commentary from now on?

11. My #18 has survived – it's one of about 2 or 3 games on my list I'm likely not to be the only voter for, so I'll savour it while it lasts – but 2 of your one-vote #18s could have been in my top 3 had it not been for other games in their respective franchises supplanting them.

No spoilers, but let's just say it might be a little too soon to mourn Wacky Jacks 2: Jack Harder.

12. Ew.

13. I can’t at all my picks still being in, gonna assume @Number saved my #18

Number, 2014, Animalia and 3 others like this.
  14. Yeah I don’t think I got very far in it at all. But this game resulted in me watching Blade Runner film and the sci-fi genre as a whole. Shit I totally forgot about the Blade Runner game on PC. It was SOOOOO good. If I hadn’t played this game, I don’t think I’d be into sci-fi as much as I am.

DominoDancing and Animalia like this.
  15. Why have I never heard of this?!

Animalia likes this.
  16. The Blade Runner PC game is frigging incredible and definitely would have been on my list.

17. Only catching up now. Perched for the next batch of votes.

THPS series was so damn good! I still have a soft spot for Underground, where the story mode followed your created skater where I would desperately tried to recreate myself using the EyeToy which only turned out to be a 1.3 megapixel monster mess.

Tony Hawk's is probably only reason why I have some emo/rock bangers scattered throughout my Spotify playlists.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    aaronhansome, LiK, Filler and 3 others like this.
  18. HALLELUJAH! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

My fave holy grenade.

Speaking of 3 pointers. Looks like someone else voted for mine. Hat's off to you, good sir.

soratami, LE0Night, Oleander and 8 others like this.
  19. I still have my save file of a fully-grown adult skater with my blurry prepubescent face terrifyingly stitched on.

20. Two games are tied at #503, having received three points total from two people - I'll stick 'em in the 3-point roundup for convenience tidiness, so let's find out what they are!

= #503
    (1/2)

[​IMG]

1997 | Game Arts | Sega Saturn/PS1 | JRPG

2 Points: @Robert
    1 Point: @Xanax

Multiplier: 1.2x

Total: 3.6

Xanax:

This is one of the earliest RPGs I have ever played. And while I was very young and don't remember everything perfectly, this game has a very special place in my heart.

Animalia:

Easily one of the most critically-celebrated RPGs of its time, Grandia was created by much of the same team as the Lunar series we met yesterday. Famitsu voted this game the 73rd greatest of all time, so I guess it must be pretty damn good since they give practically every JRPG a near-perfect score.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.