Ultimate Gamejustice (#9) | Page 170 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Gamejustice (#9)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Animalia, Mar 1, 2018.

1. FF:CC was so fun, I wish I had spent more time with it.

2. = #286
    (15/16)

[​IMG]

1999 | SIE Japan Studio | PS1 | JRPG

13 Points: @Petty Mayonnaise

Animalia:

After Suikoden II, Valkyrie Profile, Xenogears and Chrono Cross, Ms. Petty stays on-brand delivering us more 1999/2000 JRPG goodness. An era. Legend of Dragoon develops upon the classic turn-based battle system with quick-time button prompt events used to extend combos, and in true JRPG fashion, had so many CGI cutscenes that they had to ship the game on four separate discs. God the PS1 was so iconic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. yas petty work.

4. [​IMG]

5. Oh wow. Oh wow.
    I had completely forgotten about this game but I loved it at the time.

Animalia likes this.
  6. [​IMG]

= #286
    (16/16)

[​IMG]

2008 | Syn Sophia | NDS | Sim

13 Points: @Squashua

Squashua:

The DS, and handheld gaming since the Game Boy Advance, kinda passed me by thanks to being poor, at university, then in the US for a year, then back again even poorer but I did scrabble enough together for a DS eventually and this game was on some discount rack in a Sainsbury’s somewhere and it looked right up my street. Little did I know that the summer of 2013 (yes, a full FOUR YEARS, after this game first came out in Europe) would be all about stail, fashun, kotor and recommending terrible outfits to bitchy diva clients all backed to the sounds of After School’s First Love like I was that HBIC. The fact I can still remember the brands I adorned my big eyed unnie of a protagonist with (largely a mix of the preppy Penbridge, retro Capsule and Japanese inspired Karamomo always with thigh high socks and matching heels like a saucily coy minx) and I can still hear the ever looping ambient house music my store, TENTARE, played as if I actually worked there are just two of this game’s powers it will spin over you. Soon, you’ll be side-eyeing people in the street thinking they’re going far too AZ-USA heaux with that tank top & fishnets combo, you’ll be imagining how you could customise the colour scheme on that H&M bomber jacket so it would work with that cute pleated skirt you bought your character recently and suddenly you’re the font of all editorial style knowledge if your friends are clothes shopping. Simulation games are only as good as the scope of choice they give you and the fact all the stock you buy could be based on your tastes, your budgets and what you think you could style with the clothes you already had pretty much usurped whether the NPC clients didn’t ‘get’ the art you were offering them. I really want one of the new ones, someone tell me if the newest one was any good please? Revisiting all of this is seriously making me considering buying a 3DS for a reprieve of this magical sassiness alone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

Atelier Escha & Logy (soratami)
    Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (OspreyQueen)
    DOOM 2 (Empty Shoebox)
    Dragon Age: Origins (ddog)
    Dynasty Warriors 5 (MollieSwift21)
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (eliminathan)
    Friday the 13th: The Game (AshtrayHeart)
    God of War 3 (LiK)
    Legend of Dragoon (Petty Mayonnaise)
    Mario Party 7 (iheartpoptarts)
    MediEvil (CaliDevotion)
    Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen (Sprockrooster)
    Style Boutique (Squashua)
    Toy Story Racer (2014)
    Where In the World is Carmen Sandiego?: Treasures of Knowledge (VivaForever)
    X-Men Legends (playboy69)

13.2 Points

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (evilsin, Jonathan27)
    Dead or Alive 2 Xtreme (eliminathan, BEST FICTION)
    Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (CaliDevotion, WhenTheSunGoesDown)
    Rise of the Tomb Raider (joe_alouder, Stradiwhovius)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  8. Yas but Fashion Forward is by far the best game in the series.

9. TOUCH THE FASHION CHANGE YOUR LIFE

[​IMG]

10. HOW DO I KEEP GETTING ALL THESE VOTERS FOR MY GAMES!!1!!?!

iheartpoptarts, evilsin and Animalia like this.
  11. I think my top 7 games will all have gotten votes from others so that's a relief. Well, I'm sure about 6 of them. The 7th is excellent and fairly well known so hopefully someone else will have had the good taste to vote for it.

evilsin and Animalia like this.
  12. My #8 got another voter?! Shook. I think my top 7 are all pretty safe too.

evilsin and Animalia like this.
  13. The hubris up in here, whew. I love revelling in rate omnipotence.

So, we actually have four games tied with 13.2 points next, so we'll plough through them tonight before I update everyone's HP etc. and I'll add them on to the last summary 'cause I ain't about to make a new graphic just for four games ddd. On that note, I'll be right back~

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  14. = #285
    (1/4)

[​IMG]

1997 | Oddworld Inhabitants | PS1 / PC | Platformer

10 Points: @CaliDevotion
    1 Point: @WhenTheSunGoesDown

Multiplier: 1.2x

Total: 13.2

CaliDevotion:

Oh Oddworld, bless the day I came across the free demo to try this masterpiece out. What makes this game special? Besides the awesome story, level design, and amazing creatures that try to kill you, what truly made this game so unique was how you had to collaborate with your fellow aliens to get through some levels by talking to them. Also, what other games allow you to possess your enemies and have a blast killing each other? Unlike Horizon Zero Dawn we actually controlled them and could even laugh after making a mess. LEGENDARY.

WhenTheSunGoesDown:

Such a strange, gross, upsetting, moving, beautiful experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  15. I love this game so much. This IP could have had such a longer life.

Animalia likes this.
  16. BTG

BTG

What game did the Oddworld demo come with? Or was it included in certain editions of the console? I played the demo incessently and it felt like everyone had it, but not the full game.

Animalia likes this.
  17. I played the PC demo, and to the best of my memory it was just included as part of one of those games magazines that would come with a CD-ROM with a bunch of demos.

BTG and Animalia like this.
  18. My #7 game has a slight chance of getting another voter, but I think my favorite game in the series is not a shared opinion among fans so I bet it's going to go. I'd say 30% chance of multiple voters.

My #6 game feels like it should have other voters, but I'm skeptical. 65% chance of surviving.

My #5 is a 0% game, it will be revealed.

My #4 game is from the same series as my #10, which is still in. So with that in mind, I should feel confident but it's also not as widely loved and older. So 20%.

My #3 game makes me think yes because it's a lot like my #11 game which got other voters, so 75%.

My #2 game is widely considered one of the best game of its franchise and of all-time. 100%.

My #1 game is from the same style as #4 but this is even more of a longshot. 5%.

19. [​IMG]

I can't believe you were surprised by your #8 getting more voters though, it's iconique~

LE0Night, Remorque, evilsin and 11 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.