Ultimate K-PopJustice Albums [#1 Revealed & I'm Done] | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate K-PopJustice Albums [#1 Revealed & I'm Done]

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Dangerous Maknae, Sep 5, 2017.

1. He

He

I think I still have 7 left.

I would have voted Max & Match.

2. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

I think I have four albums left? Praying they all end up in the top 20.

send photo, Dangerous Maknae and Ceir like this.
  3. Thats so cool @vikeyeol loved your writeup x

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  4. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

BYE

I miss you, @vikeyeol unnie, AKA my OG K-Pop unnie. Come back to us. xoxo

send photo and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  5. #27. After School - Playgirlz

10 Points - @Ceir (6) + @vikeyeol (4)

After School // 2nd Album :: Virgin (5) - Playgirlz (10)

[​IMG]

Year: 2012
    Genre: Pop/Dance
    Label: Pledis Entertainment / Avex Trax

Tracklist

1. Rip Off
    2. Rambling Girls
    3. Broken Heart

4. Diva
    5. Just In Time
    6. Shampoo
    7. Because of You

8. Gimme Love
    9. Miss Futuristic
    10. Bang!

11. Tell Me

Best Chart Position

#8 (Oricon) #3 (Taiwan)

Sales

28.000 (Japan)

From Our Voter

@vikeyeol

Favorite track: Bang!
    Track I recommend to a new listener: Rambling Girls
    Underrated: Miss Futuristic

I miss After School so much, but so does everyone with a pulse. I checked this out after I listened to their also amazing collab with Namie, and was SHOOK. Much like Rainbow and SNSD's Japanese debuts, it takes their best Korean smashes (Bang!, Because Of You, Diva, Shampoo, and the random but still appreciated inclusion of Shanghai Romance) and adds some equally flawless (Miss Futuristic, Rambling Girls, Rip Off, Broken Heart) bops. Almost everything After School put out was flawless, I considered putting Dress To Kill and/or Virgin in this ranking too but had much more nostalgia with this. Their remade songs are incredible, I think the Japanese Bang! actually elevates the original, which I didn't even think was possible. Then the new songs are fabulous, Miss Futuristic is something I feel like could fit on Nadia Oh's Colours and I stan.

--------------------------------------------

@Ceir

Favorite track: Broken Heart
    Track I recommend to a new listener: Rambling Girls
    Underrated: Gimmie Love

This whole album. It was everything to me. Rambling Girls was so sleekly produced and cool and sexy. Gimme Love was quintessential sexy After School, with a playful kick to it. Of sub-unit tracks, Broken Heart is AMAZING. Jung-ah, Eyoung, Raina, and Nana rolling around on couches during the live performance just sealed it for me.

#26. Orange Caramel - Lipstick

11 Points - @GeiPanda (9) + @junglefish (2)

[​IMG]

Year: 2012
    Genre: Dance Pop/Electropop
    Label: Pledis Entertainment

Tracklist

1. Bubble Bath
    2. Milkshake
    3. Lipstick

4. A~ing?
    5. Magic Girl
    6. Not Yet... (Raina solo)
    7. Superwoman
    8. One Love
    9. Shanghai Romance
    10. Clara's Dream (Lizzy solo)

11. Close Your Eyes (Nana solo)
    12. Love Does Not Wait (Raina solo)
    13. Bangkok City (2012 New Recording)

Best Chart Position

#3 (Gaon)

Sales

15.000 (Korea) 2.000 (Japan)

From Our Voter

@GeiPanda

Favorite track: Milkshake
    Track I recommend to a new listener: Bubble Bath
    Underrated: Superwoman

----------------------------------------

@junglefish

Favorite track: Shanghai Romance
    Track I recommend to a new listener: Lipstick
    Underrated: Clara's Dream

6. Sub-Units Recap

[​IMG]

1. Orange Caramel - Lipstick (11)
    2. Odd Eye Circle - Mix & Match (8)
    3. EXO-CBX - Hey Mama! (3)
    4. Girls Generation-TTS - Holler (2)
    4. NCT 127 - Limitless (2)

Sub-units' albums usually don't sell that much unless they're from a very big group so that's why there are not a lot of albums from sub-units out there and only a few made appearance in this rate. But I think this short list actually shows what we think of sub-units overall really good. Orange Caramel have always been known as the best sub-unit here so they're rightfully at the top. OEC, the new KPJ Nation's Sub-Unit, despite releasing their album only a month ago made the top 3 of someone's ultimate list and also someone else said they'd voted for their repackage album if it was out sooner so I think they also deserve the second spot. But for the rest of sub-units, as the leaderboard shows, I guess people mostly care about sub-units from the groups that they love. For example an EXO stan voted for CBX and a GG fan voted for TTS. So like I said, I think we represented them quite well in this rate, didn't we?

[​IMG]

He, Slice of Life, evilsin and 3 others like this.
  7. I think I have two left - oops at my flop taste (but they’re the two I expected to survive so not the most surprising outcome).

8. PLAYGIRLZ is so freaking good, I was a bit let down by Dressed to kill, because it couldn't reach the highs their first Japanese album soared to. Although it's still good, so...

Orange Caramel are amazing as well, most of their songs are so catchy and I still remember that comment on last.fm: "I love Bangkok City because Nana says both "bang" and "cock" in it!"

Dangerous Maknae and Ceir like this.
  9. #25. SNSD - Love & Peace

12 Points - @Aries (6) + @Salami (3) + @Sanctuary (3)

SNSD // 6th Album :: Lion Heart (2) - Hoot (6) - Holiday Night (8) - Mr. Mr. (9) - Girls & Peace (9) - Love & Peace (12) - Whose discography is weak again??? Kekeke.

[​IMG]

Year: 2013
    Genre: Electropop/Dance-Pop
    Label: SM Entertainment / Nayutawave

Tracklist

1. Gossip Girls
    2. Motorcycle
    3. Flyers
    4. Galaxy Supernova
    5. Love & Girls

6. Beep Beep
    7. My Oh My
    8. Lips
    9. Do the Catwalk
    10. Karma Butterfly
    11. Linguafranca

12. Everyday Love
    13. Blue Jeans

Best Chart Position

#1 (Oricon)

Sales

170.000 (Japan) 1.700 (Korea)

From Our Voter

@Salami

Favorite track: Galaxy Supernova
    Track I recommend to a new listener: Karma Butterfly
    Underrated: Love & Girls

-------------------------------------------

@Aries

Favorite track: Karma Butterfly
    Track I recommend to a new listener: Galaxy Supernova
    Underrated: Motorcycle

-------------------------------------------

@Sanctuary

Favorite track: Motorcycle
    Track I recommend to a new listener: Karma Butterfly
    Underrated: Linguafranca

C'mon iconic Japanese release with a surprising amount of bops.

I love this performance so much:

#24. BoA - My Name

13 Points - @send photo (8) + @junglefish (5)

[​IMG]

Year: 2004
    Genre: Pop
    Label: SM Entertainment

Tracklist

1. My Name
    2. Spark

3. I Got U
    4. My Prayer
    5. One Wings - Embracing Each Other
    6. Pit-a-Pat
    7. I Kiss
    8. Don't Give a Damn
    9. Maybe... Mybe Not!?
    10. Etude
    11. Good-Bye
    12. Feel Me
    13. Stay in Love
    14. We

Best Chart Position

#1 (Korea)

Sales

201.000 (Korea) 3.000 (Japan)

From Our Voter

@junglefish

Favorite track: Spark
    Track I recommend to a new listener: My Name
    Underrated: We

@send photo

Favorite track: We - FUCK ME UP WITH THIS SWEEPING EPIC.

Track I recommend to a new listener: Good-Bye - So sad, someone pass me a tissue.

Underrated: Maybe... Maybe Not? - I love the production on this one. Works as almost a blueprint for M.E.P. on c&p.

Before Kiss My Lips this is probably my most played BoA album (copy & paste aside which hasn't aged that well [but is still solid fuck you @Island]). Love the mod concept of the album artwork, Cousin It is shook. I'd suggest this if someone were looking for some good K-Pop albums before the genre exploded.

10. Galaxy Supernova getting boldly highlighted while Flyers and BEEP BEEP not even just highlighted? Preposterous!
    What? I did pick M.E.P. as an underrated track from HURICANE VENUS. Are you me, @send photo?

send photo and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  11. He

He

Ok, I think it's time to download SNSND's Japanese stuff.

Girls & Pace or Love & Peace?

And Likey.

12. GIRLS' GENERATION first.

Ceir and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  13. He

He

For some reason it's the one I'm not inclined to get. The ones I've listened from the other two are certified bops.

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  14. I don't even. Well, it's certinaly their best Japanese album. I love the other two as well, so it's hard to advice one over the other, still since more people voted for Love & Peace, go for it.

15. My Name is such a fantastic album ... Even if the album cover looks like SM hired a child to use Mircosoft Paint...

16. I know, right. It doesn't reflect the contents of the album whatsoever.

17. It’s a shame because she looked soooo good during the My Name era. I mean she still looks good on the cover, but it really has nothing to do with the album and its title track.

18. #22. Luna - Free Somebody
    (1 of 2)

13 Points - @Cotton Park (5) + @eccentricsimply (4) + @Alouder98 (4)

[​IMG]

Year: 2016
    Genre: Synthpop/R&B/Electropop/Future House
    Label: SM Entertainment

Tracklist

1. Free Somebody
    2. Breathe
    3. Keep ON Doin'
    4. I Wish
    5. Galaxy
    6. My Medicine

Best Chart Position

#5 (Gaon) #1 (Taiwan) #3 (US World)

Sales

10.000 (Korea)

Honorable Mention By...

@send photo

Ddd forgive me Luna. Being so short an EP needs to be nonstop fire for this list and there's a track or two I could do without.

From Our Voter

@Cotton Park

Favorite track: Breathe
    Track I recommend to a new listener: Keep On Doin'
    Underrated: Galaxy

Already a diehard f(x) fan, I was excited to find out that their lead singer was getting to record her own E.P. but I never expected it to have the impact it did. I hate to say this, but I think that Luna, as obviously talented as she is, has been overshadowed by her charismatic fellow members for years. Maybe they're just better at attracting attention. You have the enigmatic hipster Krystal, the gregarious and strikingly androgynous Amber, sultry and sleek Victoria, the ridiculously adorable Sulli, and Luna, who sings all the hard parts. Free Somebody elevates f(x)'s most talented member and shows what a musical powerhouse she truly is.

@Alouder98

Favorite track: Galaxy
    Track I recommend to a new listener: Keep On Doin'
    Underrated: My Medicine

This album is probably the only thing that I can stan with f(x) fans. I still remember the day that I found this. I think I said this before but anyway.... I was in a train for several hours coming back home and it was the last day before the deadline of SOTY Rate and I, despite not knowing even 10 songs to send for Squashua, decided to participate in it. So I went through people's year-end lists to fill my list and downloaded random songs from their lists, mostly based on those artists' names and Luna was one of them. I liked the title track and Keep On Doin' from the very first listen but Galaxy was the moment that made me like ''wow this girl is AMAZING''. And then the SM Rate made me love it even more. The album is honestly one of the best SM albums and I'm saying this as a person who usually finds SM albums really strong. It's just like a small package of many things I like in pop music: synthpop tracks produced by Swedish musicians, 80s-style bangers, dramatic ballads, killer ad-libs and low-key the best thing about this album for me, the amazing belting parts. I don't think I can ever be a big f(x) fan but this mini made me a Luna stan and I can't wait for her future solo projects.

@eccentricsimply

Favorite track: My Medicine
    Recommendation to a new listener: Free Somebody, Galaxy, Keep On Doin’
    Underrated: I Wish, My Medicine

I listened to this mini even before I associated Luna the artist with Luna the f(x) member. Like I was aware she was a member of a group, but I hadn't gone further into who was in what group, so I listened to this at first with absolutely zero bias whatsoever. And I was immediately in love. From the albums in this list this one is probably the one I listen to the least, but it's definitely not the one I treasure the least. Luna is by far one of the most underrated idols - not only is she an excellent vocalist, she's an excellent dancer and a performer that only seems to get better and better with time. Giving her a solo, in spite of how much of a commercial failure it was, was the least SM could've done and I'm so extremely glad they did so. The title was one of the best songs in 2016 and remains one of the best kpop tracks - that music video is a trip and a half, and she pulls off this 80s vibe really well. Keep On Doin' and Galaxy are two bops in the album that are not given the attention they deserve, but it's My Medicine and I Know that I love the most. Medicine is a song Luna herself wrote for her mother and it's absolutely breathtaking, the lyrics are so beautiful. And then I Know is a song she wrote for her fans and it shows how much of a caring and lovely human being she is. I only hope she gets the success she deserves, be that in f(x) or a soloist.

19. Agree with @send photo - 3 songs are amazing. The other 3 are not. I couldn’t vote for an album that is only 50% enjoyable.

send photo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.