Ultimate K-PopJustice Albums [#1 Revealed & I'm Done] | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate K-PopJustice Albums [#1 Revealed & I'm Done]

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Dangerous Maknae, Sep 5, 2017.

1. He

He

Hehe, I was right.

Pink Tape is amazing.

I actually really want to get Pink Tape, Absolute First Album, and Reboot in physical. But the latter is impossible to find, which saddens me so fucking me.

I should secure the other two.

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  2. I love that you all love f(x). If only SM did.

3. @Alouder98 forgot to post my thoughts on Pink Tape so here it is...

Ahh, this album. This album became my gateway to the awesomeness that is f(x). I have been aware of their reputation as K-Pop's eccentric-pop queens but for some reason, none of their albums knocked my ass off. I mean, I love their singles but I just couldn't fully get into their entire discography. Enter Pink Tape. And wow, unnies, my wig, my scalp, my hypothalamus, all flew to distances unknown to man. This album is just brimming with pop confections that will surely brighten and sweeten your day. The production throughout the album is stellar. I mean, I can appreciate the girls' vocals but the production truly took centerstage here. Even now that I'm listening to it again for the millionth time, I still discover quirk after quirk. This album is like a treasure trove full of pop secrets. I would love to study this in detail one day... when I'm bored with the KPJC and the Shaman Unnie character finally goes stale ddddddd. But until then, I'll just quietly listen to this masterpiece and marvel at its lofty pop ambitions.

4. So what is our runner-up album??

[​IMG]

#2. T-ara - Absolute First Album/Breaking Heart

68 Points - @Gintoki (10) + @He (9) + @Ceir (9) + @junglefish (8) + @ryan_riot92 (8) + @LightningRider (7) + @GeiPanda (7) + @Mikl C (5) + @Alouder98 (5)

T-ara // 4th Album :: Funky Town (1) - And & End (5) - Mirage (6) - Absolute (68)

[​IMG]

Year: 2009
    Genre: Dance-Pop
    Label: MBK Entertainment

Tracklist

1. One & One
    2. Like the First Time
    3. Bo Peep Bo Peep

4. Tic Tic Toc
    5. Bye Bye
    6. Apple is A
    7. Falling U

8. You You You
    9. Lies (Dance Ver.)
    10. T.T.L (Time To Love) (featuring Choshinsung)

11. Lies (Slow Ver.)
    12. T.T.L Listen.2 (featuring Choshinsung)
    13. Good Person
    14. Wanna Play?
    15. I Go Crazy Because of You
    16. I'm In Pain

Best Chart Position

#2 (Korea)

Sales

31.000+ (Hanteo)

Mikl C's Favorite Track

Like the First Time

From Our Voter

@ryan_riot92

Favorite track: Like the First Time
    Track I recommend to a new listener: Bo Peep Bo Peep
    Underrated: Falling U

Literally wall to wall bops filled to the brim with fantastic electro and disco elements. You got some massive jams in “Lie”, “Time To Love” and the infamous “Bo Peep Bo Peep”. Even the intro track is stellar! It’s a shame “One of One” is so short! My personal favorite track on this album and probably my absolute favorite T-ARA track period is “Like The First Time”. Literally any track on this album is title track worthy. Any person who didn’t put this album on their list obviously has never listened to it.

--------------------------------------------

@junglefish

Favorite track: Like the First Time
    Track I recommend to a new listener: I Go Crazy Because of You
    Underrated: Bye Bye

---------------------------------------------

@Ceir

Favorite track: ONE AND ONE
    Track I recommend to a new listener: ONE AND ONE
    Underrated: ONE AND ONE

I remember hearing Bo Peep for the first time and thinking that I needed to check this group out.
    I just straight up played the album and as soon as One and One came on I was 1,807% on board with this group.

(Remove Good Person from your library). This whole album is just a spectrum of cute to dark and gritty. One and One is the full single that never was. But, Tic Tic Toc and Bye Bye are the non-single highlights.

@He

Favorite track: I Go Crazy Because of You
    Track I recommend to a new listener: TTL
    Underrated: Like the First Time

------------------------------------------

@LightningRider

Favorite track: Bye Bye
    Track I recommend to a new listener: Like the First Time
    Underrated: Lies (Dance Ver.)

Does anything need to be said? K-Pop’s first great album remains one of its best. This is packed with more bops than it has any right to.”

@GeiPanda

Favourite song : I'm Really Hurt
    Song I would recommend to a new listener : One & One
    Underrated song : Lies

@Alouder98

Favourite song : Bye Bye
    Song I would recommend to a new listener : One & One
    Underrated song : Apple is A

A classic. Honestly I didn't think about putting this album on my list when I started the rate but when I listened to it again, and remembered all the beautiful melodies on it, I immediately added it. You guys will probably disagree with me on what do I think of this album but the album is actually kinda weird (in a good way) for me. It's cute and girly but at the same mature. It sounds like one of those albums that are made for their time and it's maybe even a bit dated but at the same time it's fresh enough to fall in love with it in 2017 (yeah I listened to it in January of this year for the first time). It sounds like a messy album sometimes but at the same time, I find it a consistent album that shows T-ara's signature sound at its best. It's a bit sad that we never got a second full album from T-ara but at least we know the one time they did it, they absolutely nailed it.

5. And obviously the winner is....

[​IMG]

#1. Wonder Girls - Reboot

78 Points - @Sanctuary (10) + @He (10) + @junglefish (9) + @Mikl C (8) + @vikeyeol (8) + @Salami (7) + @Alouder98 (7) + @Gintoki (7) + @send photo (7) + @ryan_riot92 (5)

[​IMG]

Year: 2015
    Genre: Synthpop/Electropop/Pop Rock/Hip Hop/Chillwave
    Label: JYP Entertainment

Tracklist

1. Baby Don't Play
    2. Candle (feat Palpalto)
    3. I Feel You
    4. Rewind
    5. Loved
    6. John Doe
    7. One Black Night

8. Back
    9. Oppa (Hyelim solo)
    10. Faded Love

11. Gone
    12. Remember

Best Chart Position

#5 (Gaon) #2 (US World)

Sales

13.000 (Korea) - Get taste @South Korea

Mikl C's Favorite Track

One Black Night

From Our Voter

@Alouder98

Favorite track: One Black Night
    Track I recommend to a new listener: Baby Don't Play
    Underrated: Faded Love

Any winner other than this wouldn't feel right to be honest. Wonder Girls, Queens of retro music, decided to write and produce their own album for their long-waited comeback and they completely killed it. We use terms like "where's my wig?", "I'm bald" and "Iconic" for like every acts these days but this album is the definition of iconic and the true moment when you feel bald by listening to a K-Pop album. It's just K-Pop at its 11/10.

@Sanctuary

Favorite track: Baby Don't Play
    Track I recommend to a new listener: I Feel You
    Underrated: One Black Night

This is such an obvious choice, but it really is such a victory in every single way. Nearly every song works and everything about it is so unique. Such an underrated masterclass in kpop.

@junglefish

Favorite track: I Feel You
    Track I recommend to a new listener: John Doe
    Underrated: One Black Night

@ryan_riot92

Favorite track: Rewind
    Track I recommend to a new listener: One Black Night
    Underrated: Oppa

Queens of retro! This album is non-stop bangers all infused with that 80s sound. It was literally what it’s title insinuated, a reboot of the Wonder Girls. The band concept was something new to the group and really worked in their favor for this comeback. With so many fantastic choices for a lead single, I don’t believe “I Feel You” was the right one but I understand why it was chosen. My personal favorites probably match most of the forums general opinion: “Baby Don’t Play”, “Candle”, “Rewind”, “One Black Night” and “OPPA”.

------------------------------------------

@He

Favorite track: Rewind
    Track I recommend to a new listener: Baby Don't Play
    Underrated: Faded Love

@send photo

Favourite song : Loved - Ddd bye I played this on repeat after a guy didn't work out.

Song I would recommend to a new listener : Oppa - Mostly for the name but still a bop and a half.

Underrated song : One Black Night - It's a bit trancy, sold.

This is their best album, perfect all kill 10 teebs. One of the best reinventions ever, Madonna wishes. I wish we got at least one more album out of it, wah.

@Salami

Favourite song : Candle
    Song I would recommend to a new listener : One Black Night
    Underrated song : Baby Don't Play

----------------------------------------------

@Slice of Life

Favourite song : Oppa
    Song I would recommend to a new listener : Rewind
    Underrated song : Faded Love

The best album of the 80s and it's not even from the 80s, literally a Korean E•MO•TION. This album is still just as amazing, if not more, than the first time I heard it. I knew the Wonder Girls were K-Pop legends, but I'd never gotten into them beyond a few songs and their solos, and then this just left me in awe. Even the token ballads are beyond stunning and affecting, and the upbeat songs, WHEW, they are the literal definition of a banger. You have super sexy (Candle, Baby Don't Play, I Feel You, One Black Night) jams, melancholic (Faded Love, Gone, Rewind) stunners, and carefree (Oppa, Back) anthems. I wish I could say more about it but I'd just be gushing ad-nausem about how flawless everything is, and I know y'all will have more articulate analysis-es.

6. And yeah that's it guys (I still have individual ballots to post next week though). When I started the rate, I was a bit worried if the theme is not gonna work for the sub-forum like it did in the main forum since ,you know, the bar for rates is actually higher here, don't @ me main forumers. But I hope I've reached my goal that was to run a rate that people can share their favorite albums with others and discover new albums in it. I've updated the first page with links to all albums, datas etc. by the way, so you guys can visit the rate at any time and discover new music if you desire.

Also thanks to everyone who participated, wrote comments/essays for each album, followed the rate, (liked the posts, kekeke) and helped the rate to not flop in any form. Love you guys so much <3

[​IMG]

*runs back to study for two exams that are coming in the next few days*

karmarisma, Mikl C, Gintoki and 12 others like this.
  7. He

He

Agh, I feel like a traitor but I do go back to Reboot more than Absolute. Though Absolute gets points for being a fucking debut, what a masterpiece of a debut. It cemented their style, which was every style, but with a very particular take. It bears repeating but T-ARA are a very capable group vocally, and then Snake turned into a great rapper in her most venomous years.

Reboot is the work of women who wanted to be there and did amazingly, embracing their talent and good taste. I basically love all the album except Oppa. They looked and sounded so fucking amazing, it was ridiculous how well the concept was executed; sound and image were perfection. I'm mortified at the sales, though, really?! I thought it had been a hit, no wonder I can't find a physical.

Let's not forget this.

Island, Sanctuary, Kuhleezi and 4 others like this.
  8. He

He

Maknae, amazing rate, thank you for your time and hard work. I loved it.

9. Thank you @Alouder98 for the wonderful (hehe) rate. Reboot truly deserves that top spot.

Even if I didn't vote for it

Only because I knew I didn't need to.

10. You've made a typo. Flawless rate otherwise and a truly deserving winner. Candle and One Black Night are my favorites from REBOOT, sad they disbanded shortly after.

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  11. The love for Like The First Time and One Black Night warms my heart.
    Amazing job @Alouder98, I can’t believe we’re already done!

12. @Alouder98 great job running this rate.

So many albums to discover. I'm going to give at least the top 10 a listen.

evilsin and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  13. YAAAASSS sis thank you for doing such a good job @Alouder98.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.