Ultimate Popstars 2019 - 371st (34 Points // Top 10s) | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Popstars 2019 - 371st (34 Points // Top 10s)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by DJHazey, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Why whatever do you mean??

londonrain and DJHazey like this.
  2. Hence the "I'm delusional" part...

DJHazey likes this.
  3. This is on my to-do list today. Terrified I'm gonna forget someone very obvious and be dragged for it later.

Also, how much jazz and old school soul are others doing? It's a big part of my listening but obviously not oft discussed here?

4. invertedbutterfly

invertedbutterfly Moderator

There's defo both on my list - even with my rejigged criteria, which took more into account how amazing a popstar I thought each choice was (as well as how much I liked them/their output), there were several choices that fulfilled that as well.

5. I submitted a list of my favourites no matter what, so Sinatra is in my top 5 and there are other jazz/swing singers and a lot of non-PJ friendly acts generally on my list.

6. Yes, all I can give is the lists are very eclectic so far.

Music Is Life, soratami, Lila and 5 others like this.
  7. Mine is about 'done'... should have it to you a few days. It's one of the hardest music list things I've had to do in awhile.

I don't think I'll be brave enough to post who I cut, because once people see who I picked in their place I might get voted off the island here.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  8. I did my list in five hours over two days. No overthinking it here dddd.

9. I didn't even begin compiling the list... all I know is who is my #1 artist.

10. Last time, I rated Carly Rae super-high because Emotion was awesome, and I gave points to Aly & AJ because "Insomniatic" had a special place in my heart.

Watch those two score a stack of votes from other people because of recency bias. I shouldn't complain about being vindicated.

11. All I know for sure at this point is that my top 7 is locked in and that I have well over 40 artists to pare down.

Maki and DJHazey like this.
  12. I am having a hard time sorting through anything outside my Top 10! Can 11-40 get equal points instead?

Maki and DJHazey like this.
  13. I've included one act on the basis of my thoughts regarding a single album too. I'm slightly worried I'm going to be the only one voting for her!

Carly wasn't on my mind for this at all, but in a couple of years' time, who knows.

DJHazey likes this.
  14. Zar-Unity likes this.
  15. Untouchable Ace, Robsolete and Maki like this.
  16. evilsin and Conan like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.