Ultimate Popstars 2019 - 637th (20 Points) | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Popstars 2019 - 637th (20 Points)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by DJHazey, Apr 29, 2019.

1. THIS IS HARD PEOPLE

2. [​IMG]

3. Don't worry - they're definitely high on mine which will make up for their exclusion here (I hope!)

4. Internal monologue: "You seriously aren't considering including someone you've just been obsessed with for only 6 months".

Internal argument to internal monologue : "Ummm...yes. There's no way you're leaving her off. To hell with 'recency bias'. You know you adore her."

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  5. I hope more people voted for Holly Valance. What an icon.

6. This is interesting... I wonder whether the more recent artists will outlast ones who have been at it much longer through the sheer fact we may not have old(er) favourites front of mind - i.e - will Dua Lipa outlast Ladyhawke, and will Ladyhawke outlast Pointer Sisters etc...

7. I purposely avoided putting in acts that only debuted recently (well, besides one because there is clear love) because of the basis of future material further validating or decreasing my likeness of them.

A lot of the acts I put are people I genuinely enjoy and love talking about. Not all of them have "GREAT" albums. Like, I love the Kelela album and think it's one of the best of 2017 but she isn't one of my favorite popstars.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  8. Nn this was exactly me. But the last time I did this I voted based on nostalgia and I regretted it later so this time I just voted for artists that had impact on me whether I discovered them 6 months ago or 10 years ago.

Untouchable Ace and DJHazey like this.
  9. I had to kick out Lisa Stansfield last minute. Sorry, gal

DJHazey likes this.
  10. Me with Charli XCX!

11. It was an edit in fact, and actually I had no problem with who got edited in if I remember correctly!

WoW73 likes this.
  12. Haha, I may love your namesake alot, but it's never been a secret that I was always a Girls Aloud and The Saturdays stan much more than Sugababes. I really only love maybe 3-5 tracks per album from them. Sorry!

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  13. @WowWowWowWow shall we vote for Nanne Grönvall Four times just because we can?

DJHazey likes this.
  14. @DJHazey cancelled.
    I don't know who you mean, but Carly is definitely going on mine, and I've only loved her since like October.

15. Love them all, just not Top 40. I love ALOT of music! Also didn't know you were a In This Moment stan. (I know you probably just forgot to delete them too)

Music Is Life and soratami like this.
  16. This is a great idea! I'd love to participate. @DJHazey Please feel free to tag harass me if it's close to the deadline and I haven't already submitted my list.

Maki, Music Is Life and DJHazey like this.
  17. 13 voters now -- 323 artists -- 14 artists >100 points.

I don't believe anyone has been completely shutout for multiple voted artists...aka everyone has friends.

18. I'm not a stan yet, but I have been slowly getting into their music. I haven't listened to a full album though.

DJHazey likes this.
  19. Like, you do know I'm referring to the metal band right, ddd? I'm surprised if you like metal, but that'd be awesome. That's like 33% of my Top 40.

Music Is Life likes this.
  20. Yeah haha I know. My sister and my cousin started getting me into them.

DJHazey likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.