Ultimate Popstars 2019 - (Top 200) Rank: 110-105 Points: 112-115 | Page 222 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Popstars 2019 - (Top 200) Rank: 110-105 Points: 112-115

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by DJHazey, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Yay to Cascada making a reasonably strong showing especially as their chart success was well...a few years ago. On that note, I'm surprised not to see them in the 2011 list.

I chose "Dangerous" due to a live set I was lucky enough to attend at my local nightclub. Given the club is (understandably) aimed towards the undergraduate market I wasn't sure what the turnout would be...I needn't have worried, it was the biggest crowd I'd seen in the club for years, Natalie was so well received and the club totally went with the style of music and played club classics all night.

I wonder how a Cascada rate would fare...if I'm reading the completed rate list right, which is by no means guaranteed, I can't see that this has happened before?

2. It hasn't and I'm tempted to give it a go down the road.

3. Honestly, not the biggest fan of Pyromania, but at least its not Night Nurse and Dangerous and Bad Boy are two underrated gems in their discography; I'm so happy to see all have been highlighted by the voters because along with my favorite version of Reason, they really show Cascada had more variety in their brand of Eurodance than people would give them credit for.

4. Erasure - with "A little respect", they did literal videos before that was a thing.

babes aloud, DJHazey and berserkboi like this.
  5. BAD BOY IS THE EPITOME OF AMV CULTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I CAN PROVE IT

Everytime we touch in general is THAT album, probably one of my all time favorites

6. Perfume have this amazing bop to their name, which I discovered on PopJustice - enjoy!

7. My favorite is actually the Bulldozzer Mix (never knew the name got it way back in the mp3 downloading days when nobody named their files correctly), now that I know it's actually on Spotify let me add it!

8. YES! I love listening to it in random order. So many discoveries. The taste!
    [​IMG]

9. first of all I would like to thank @evilsin @Reboot for having impeccable taste for giving points to this severely underrated group.

second of all where do I start with Perfume?
    1) they were the very first girl group I stanned for
    2) they were the first Jpop act I stanned for
    3) they basically introduced me to Electronic music and showed me how wonderful and varied it can be

I won't bore you with the details but they really came a long way since their beginning, it took them years to find success and when they achieved it, it was truly deserved.

also I recommend checking out some of their performances, they are literally out of this world

10. iamamiwhoami released the best album of 2014, but I decided not to include them because I didn't want to put too many recent(-ish) acts on my list and eventually the old favourites ended up doing better.
    Still, her/their discography and videography is fabulous.

11. I wonder how they got Diamond from Bulldozer.

WowWowWowWow, DJHazey and berserkboi like this.
  12. Oh, I stopped getting notifications from this thread and I missed quite a bit and it's almost midnight... Guess I'll throw a couple of words tomorrow.

13. My question is - when are you running the Perfume Singles Rate so I can give them points in the next Winners Rate? :D

14. oooh I'm so here for a Perfume Singles Rate or discography rate

15. Sade's music is so timeless. And the Love Deluxe album is possibly the most perfect music for a hot summer evening.

Arcade Fire might have been on one of my previous lists - I was crazy about them between 2005 and 2010 - but since then, modern music's taken a bit of a backseat in my listening habits and so they too have dropped out of my 40. But they remain one of my absolute favourite bands of this century, and I like hearing their stuff randomly in shops and cafes.

16. This made me need to post my favorite Sade song since it’s not a single but worthy of your attention:

17. Anyone other than the legendary Ms. Duff being the top ranked Disney pop girl just doesn't sound realistic at all.

Verandi, evilsin, Zar-Unity and 2 others like this.
  18. How do you define Disney Pop girls exactly? There are a few girls that used to hang at the Mickey Mouse Club after all...

DJHazey likes this.
  19. Every step I take
    Every move I make
    Every single day
    Every night I pray
    I’ll be missing you...

DJHazey and londonrain like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.