Ultimate Song Justice: Best of the 2010s Edition (REVEALS!!!) | Page 145 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Song Justice: Best of the 2010s Edition (REVEALS!!!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Amazing to have a second Same Difference appearance, excellent choice @Iggypig - my second favourite song from The Rest is History. This has cheered me up considerably!

Rem, DJHazey, vague and 8 others like this.
  2. It really is an immense bop, and I still play it constantly.

It’s probably the best Alcazar song too!

Rem, DJHazey, vague and 8 others like this.
  3. @WhenTheSunGoesDown I stan you and your bubblegumness and I'm so excited to have a very Carly summer!

Same Difference always make me so happy.

Rem, DJHazey, vague and 9 others like this.
  4. My favorite moment in Now That I Found You is before the final chorus and after the bridge when she sings "Now that I found you!" and sounds amazing and gives a euphoric release. Awesome pick @WhenTheSunGoesDown.

5. [​IMG]

I had to

Rem, ohnostalgia, vague and 4 others like this.
  6. You're a dork dddd

ohnostalgia and vague like this.
  7. This is stunning, adding them to my neverending backlog.

Rem, ohnostalgia, vague and 1 other person like this.
  8. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I was obsessed with Polish Girl when it came out. It was like the summer of Midnight City and Polish Girl .

Music Is Life, vague, Rem and 2 others like this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

(tie)
    14 points

[​IMG]
    SATURDAY NIGHT (FEAT. LUDACRIS) | JESSICA MAUBOY
    "All the girls they just hatin' because they know that we tight."

Voted By: @livefrommelbs
    Release Date: October 27, 2010
    Country of Origin: Australia

Artist Appearance (Jessica Mauboy): 2nd
    Artist Appearance (Ludacris): 2nd

Commentary
    There are plenty of songs by Jess that would've featured in a longer list - but none in the 10s held a candle to Saturday Night. When I ran the Jess Mauboy discography rate on the forum, I mentioned how this was one of my all-time fave songs by my favourite Australian artist. In fact, lemme just save myself some time by copying and pasting what I said when the song tapped out at #10 in the rate:

"If you asked any of my closest friends to name a song that reminds them of me, there's a good chance they'd say "Saturday Night". And not just because I like to party on the weekend. Although when this come out in 2010? Very accurate. For years and years (and years and years) this has been one of my go-to party jams. Popping up on playlists, summoning me to the dancefloor, and generally just making me lose my bananas whenever it came on.

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT MOI. Let's talk about the song. Because it is definitely quite a song. Sure, it's very much 'of the time period', but there's no denying that this was some world-class dance-pop. Everything down to Ludacris' rap feels well-considered, slickly produced and written to get stuck in your head in a major way. I still remember hearing the "Now we got the hair done, got the pink and whites" pre-chorus in a 15-sec preview for the song and literally replaying it incessantly until the full single was released, then being completely thrown because that was just the tip of the iceberg."

10. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

(tie)
    14 points

[​IMG]
    SCHOOLIN LIFE | BEYONCÉ
    "This is for them thirty somethings that didn't turn out exactly how your mom and dad wanted you to be"

Voted By: @Rain on Fire
    Release Date: June 28, 2011
    Country of Origin: United States

Artist Appearance: 3rd

11. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

(tie)
    14 points

[​IMG]
    SO SMOOTH | KUROKI MEISA
    "I want you to sweep me off my feet / I'm already in a dreamy state of mind"

Voted By: @evilsin
    Release Date: June 2, 2010
    Country of Origin: Japan

Artist Appearance: 2nd

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  12. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

(tie)
    14 points

[​IMG]
    SPIDER-MAN DICK | CUPCAKKE
    "Fuck me till my pussy redder than Hot Cheetos"

Voted By: @beyoncésweave
    Release Date: October 14, 2016
    Country of Origin: United States

Artist Appearance: 2nd

Commentary
    CupcakKe was a revelation in the 2010s not because she was disgracefully bawdy or utterly shameless or supremely talented. She was all of that, of course, but then some; a gorgeously generous individual whose artistry ranges from the salacious to the heartfelt, often without skipping a beat. But she filed her razor sharp talons at the school of sexual outrage, and this is the most pressing, incredible example of that. A post-apocalyptic, omnisexual frenzy of no holds-barred carnal desire where every hole is a goal and nothing is off limits. The absolutely filthy gutter synth spurs the song onwards and onwards with unbelievable pace and orgiastic license, just as she ingeniously namechecks and creates for herself every lascivious want and desire under the sun and moon. Just as the song is about to end, it kicks up into yet another gear, bringing the whole obscene bacchanalia to a nauseatingly coarse climax. At the end of it all, you’re left a whole sweating, heaving mass, gasping for breath, wondering what happened to you. CupcakKe happened to you.

13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

(tie)
    14 points

[​IMG]
    STOP ME FROM FALLING | KYLIE MINOGUE
    "One risk from lying on your shoulder when I was feeling colder"

Voted By: @Daniel_O
    Release Date: March 9, 2018
    Country of Origin: Australia

Artist Appearance: 7th

14. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Here you are @ohnostalgia:

Also @evilsin LOVE this journey for you. Such excellent taste displayed with your picks.

15. Ah, Saturday Night. A timeless party bop. So many happy memories with that song.

16. Maybe you'll be able to give it 12 if someone submits it to your Australian Reality Divas song contest, submissions open right now in your thread.

17. khsa;ghih not her music being so scarce on the net, that you had to link to the song's lyrics. I'm so sad that so little people can listen to the slinkiest and most lush slice of pop music. That's also Meisa's second appearence in the rate, since she was already picked by me 2 points earlier, dddd.
    There we go! Thank, hun, your picks are entertaining me as well.

18. Ooh, ooh, ooh, I remembered that JLo had a very similar instrumental to "So Smooth" in "(What Is) Love?". Not sure if one of the producers heard "So Smooth", but it sounds eerily similar.

19. YESSS. What a great song.

ohnostalgia and Phonetics Boy like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.