Ultimate Song Justice: Best of the 2010s Edition (Top 100) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Ultimate Song Justice: Best of the 2010s Edition (Top 100)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Dec 31, 2019.

1. I am going for my number one from every year and the other 10 will be difficult but could be from multiple years. Also I will try hard to make it a single song per artist cap, which will probably destroy me.

2. I'm going to try for the same but I think i'll need to make an exception for Sufjan, who has put out outstanding and diverse content. The Solange pick was difficult too so I guess I'll go with you on Losing You to get her up the leaderboard.

3. Every pick is difficult. Not sure if I go for certain PJ classics or my own taste. But with some artists I am easily persuaded in a FYC as I love most songs equally.

vague, ohnostalgia and berserkboi like this.
  4. The same dilemma I always have: is it the 20 songs I think are objectively the best from the last decade? Or the ones I liked the most? But isn’t it possible that a song I liked merely third best in 2010 could become my favorite song of the decade? Hjälp

5. Sugababies - let’s unite on

Minoguers

Guilty Pleasures/Male Tearjerker

Foreign Language massive bop klaxon not in French, Korean or Japanese!

6. I ADORE THE BEST SONG OF THE UNIVERSE thank you for posting it!

7. So between the 12 members, 3 sub-units and main group you could just submit 20 LOONA songs

[​IMG]

vague, Crisp X, Modeblock and 12 others like this.
  8. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

As long as one of them is New.

vague, Crisp X, Kuhleezi and 10 others like this.
  9. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

I hate this.

Also it's very likely I just...... won't send in anything from the first half of the decade because I only became a properly thinking human in 2014.

vague, Crisp X, Modeblock and 10 others like this.
  10. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Oh I suppose I should clarify something I just thought of before it comes up- if a song is a collab between an artist and a DJ and the artist is only listed as featured, that still counts as it being their song. So you can't submit two Florence only singles and then her collab with Calvin Harris.

vague, Crisp X, Modeblock and 16 others like this.
  11. Honestly this has been giving me a massive headache for a while because as I mentioned multiple times I'm the most indecisive person I know.

Do I choose the songs I liked and repeated to death in like 2010 but wouldn't really listen to it now just for the fact I replayed them? Do I choose songs from the very same year but listened to years later or does that cross into ''''recency bias'''' territory? or do I say ''fuck it'' and choose the songs I really liked regardless when I listened to them? which also gives us the question: which songs do I choose and how do I list them??

Luckily I have a month's worth to think about this and for less pressure I probably wouldn't vote for any kpop songs since I already did that in the kpop countdown also I need to make room for my jpop faves

vague, Crisp X, Modeblock and 7 others like this.
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

In case you didn't yet: add that to the opening post, in case people only read that one!

berserkboi and ohnostalgia like this.
  13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Hmmm, I guess I’m lucky that I can easily think of 20 songs from the whole decade that I still love and love above all others. Maybe it’s because I repeated them so much and they passed the overplayed test. I’ll try to post my by year summary after I do some more work on my PJ Charts (voting still open).

vague, Crisp X, Kuhleezi and 10 others like this.
  14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It's silly that I have an answer to this cause I had the exact same struggle but since this is a rate I'd say 'go with which songs you'd be rooting for most in this countdown. Whether it's cause you once loved them or enjoy them now.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  15. I am going to being torn picking my fave songs from artists with really strong discographies this decade. I mean how on earth am I supposed to choose my favourite song from Beyoncé this decade I have far too many to count. I’m probably going to have revisit a lot of songs by various artists to see how I feel about them still. That said I keep leaning towards singles than album tracks at the moment.

16. I'm not sure if this will be easier or harder then albums. I think it will be harder.

17. Poor @Robsolete.

Suddenly he can't fill his top 10 with Rita Ora and her features.

18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

She had some of the decade's finest songs, to be honest. I know Ritual was on my 2019 list

19. Then it looks like I'll have to make multiple fake accounts to give her all the points she deserves.

vague, Crisp X, nikkysan and 9 others like this.
  20. You can use mine if you like.

vague, Crisp X, nikkysan and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.