Underrated Queens of K-Pop: The Rate [The FLOPNALE - Winner Revealed] | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Underrated Queens of K-Pop: The Rate [The FLOPNALE - Winner Revealed]

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Squashua, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Just finished ranking the second heat ... I feel bad because I've desperately tried to get into SPICA but I just can't ...

vikeyeol likes this.
  2. 1 2 3 DAYS
    [​IMG]
    FOR HEATS 1 2 3

And by three days I mean Friday until Sunday's end.

Ready for a lil' cheeky statistical realness?
    1. One heat can boast 5 of its current top 9 as a former #1 at some point during voting, one of which is floundering at 9th after a ratehate Rush.
    2. Our next group's heat honcho will not budge from the top of its group no matter how many people vote. The difference between 9th & 10th here is a slender 0.15.
    3. And the final heat is a two pony race for center visual main vocal 1st, that also includes the only group SO FAR that has ZERO songs going through to the final. Can you say FLOP? Do it, Do it.
    [​IMG]

The Bloodbath Continues...​

ajmkv and Slice of Life like this.
  3. I'm really excited about this. A lot of songs in heats 1 and 2 were new to me, so I wouldn't be able to call what goes through or not.

I might try my hand at ranking the other three heats this weekend.

4. Honestly, I would've put RaNia instead of Dal Shabet in the Revolving Door heat. Either way, I don't think it would have changed my rankings.

Squashua likes this.
  5. Come on, Nine Muses bops from Heat 3!!!

Come on, Oh My Girl's Closer!!!

I have a feeling this is Chocolat. Or maybe Spica? kii. Oh no! Please vote for Chocolat's One More Day! Thanks! Saranghaeyooooo~~~

Also cyst @Squashua! I see you stanning for Purfles with that gif. I love them too.

Squashua likes this.
  6. I can't see WANNA.B doing very well to be honest.

7. It's either WANNA.B or CLC who have no songs going through to the final.

8. But WANNA.B's Attention and CLC's Pepe are perfect 10 bops. Let's not be too harsh on these flops please...

9. Nine Muses probably would have decimated poor defenceless RaNia though, I kinda saw Dal*Sha as the only ones with a sizeable enough discography to take them on.

ajmkv likes this.
  10. Heat 3 wasn't as difficult as I thought it'd be, although if we had to rate them out of 10 a lot of songs would get the same score.

Slice of Life and junglefish like this.
  11. Heat Four is pretty incredible. I wish Rainbow had better songs to represent them, though.

12. They've had more top tens than any other group on this rate so they'll always have that... (albeit not in half a decade which is almost as long as all the nugus in Heat 1 have been together for combined but still).

13. I just realized you didn't put Masquerade in RaNia's list of songs. Also Goship Girl is missing for Rainbow. I doubt either were top 10 hits.

14. I can only assume Crayon Pop's non-top 10 hits were excluded to make it a fair competition for the other girls.

15. [​IMG]

^Me bowing to all your expertise knowledges of unsuccessful girl group discographies. I can only apologise for omitting a few songs here & there both intentionally (Gossip Girl I think I originally left out due to being pre-2010 compared to everything else) and unintentionally (I honestly thought Crayon Pop had been consistently huge).

At this stage in the game there aren't too many more things I can amend for Heats 1-3 without delaying proceedings but if you guys would like certain songs by groups in Heats 4-6 to be included please let me know pronto (providing those who have already voted for all 6 heats don't mind amending things) and that's no problem.

vikeyeol and Slice of Life like this.
  16. I was half joking but

Heat 7: The Forgotten Girls

Slice of Life, ajmkv and Squashua like this.
  17. The only decent CLC track released was "Eighteen" and that's not an option so they are pretty much doomed.

18. I'm a little bit against Gossip Girl being added but only because I absolutely love it and it would therefore severely mess up my current rankings. I do think Rainbow needs to be better represented by, you know, better songs.

19. Goship Girl is my least favorite of their singles, so.......

It's a damn shame that To Me isn't counted, because that is a damn fine song. Also, I know I've already mentioned this but why isn't Vista included in the Fiestar singles? It kinda flopped on the digital charts, didn't it?

20. @ajmkv Think I might have got a bit confused with Vista because I saw it was a single release (like A/B track) and made top 10 as an album so assumed that meant the song too. Looks like it was more of a #27 smash.

So.....​

The Nation's Diva-seed Sawori has listened to her loyal subjects and dictated the following changes be made to Heats 4 & 5 - let's make this even more interesting...

[​IMG]

Rainbow - MACH HAS NOW JOINED THE [HEAT 4] PARTY
    RaNia - MASQUERADE HAS NOW JOINED THE [HEAT 4] PARTY
    Fiestar - VISTA HAS NOW JOINED THE [HEAT 5] PARTY

Mach was originally discounted for being a top 10 but that was in Japan so i'll let it slide, Vista was top 10 album not single so that's cool and Masquerade doesn't have an official video but neither does I Like It so welcome to the Ball bai. You'll find the front page updated for your reference & i'll get in touch with those who have submitted everything already to edit up their ranks.

That makes Heats 4 - 6 all 24 songs a piece.
    Happy ranking Maknaes!

Slice of Life and ajmkv like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.