Underworld: Awakening (Released Jan 20th 2012) | The Popjustice Forum

Underworld: Awakening (Released Jan 20th 2012)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Right_Direction, Mar 12, 2011.

1. First set of pictures have hit the net for the fourth instalment in the Underworld series & direct sequel to 'Underworld Evolution'

Directed by Måns Mårlind & Björn Stein.

Kate Beckinsale returns as Selene, but it looks like Scott Speedman is not returning as Michael Corvin (or at least that info has not been released just yet).

PLOT: After being in a coma-like state in a coffin for one and a half decades, Selene (Kate Beckinsale), a vampire, learns about her fourteen-year-old vampire/Lycan hybrid daughter, Nissa. Selene finds Nissa and together they fight the BioCom from creating super Lycans that will kill them all.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=75147

Anyone interested? Excited? discuss....

2. Re: Underworld: New Dawn (Released Jan 20th 2012)

I'm a bit surprised they're making another one. Rise didn't make that much of a profit I thought (though, it wasn't as terrible as everyone made out). It'll probably be pretty enjoyable, in a brain dead kind of way.

3. Re: Underworld: New Dawn (Released Jan 20th 2012)

Thank God Kate Beckinsale is back! The last one was largely dire. I find these movies to be more style over substance, but entertaining enough (even if they are a tad slow for the type of films they are).

4. Re: Underworld: New Dawn (Released Jan 20th 2012)

Actually can't wait for this, although it does seem to be treading in Resident Evil territories of fighting big corporation for the good of man(or vampire)kind.

And I'm slightly ashamed to say that the first Underworld is one of my favourite films ever!

5. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Re: Underworld: New Dawn (Released Jan 20th 2012)

I only got round to the third film the other night, I quite enjoyed it as a part of the Underworld story, but it's going to be a bit odd going back to the future again. Guess all those other films didn't do so well, huh, Kate?

6. Re: Underworld: New Dawn (Released Jan 20th 2012)

What's also weird is that Kate's husband (& her ex husband) have nothing to do with this new movie, he does not even seem to be producing (which he did on the last one).

I've liked all three for various reasons, yes they overall lack a lot of substance, but they're entertaining to watch.

I'm looking forward to it, hopefully they get yet another hit, #3 didn't take as much as the first two, but it still made a big profit.

7. Re: Underworld: New Dawn (Released Jan 20th 2012)

He's really hot as well.

I seen the first one not so long ago - what are 2 and 3 like?

8. Re: Underworld: New Dawn (Released Jan 20th 2012)

Which one? her husband or her ex husband? It must have been quite awkward on the set of the second film, knowing she left her husband (co-star) for the director.

2 is much more fast paced than 1, the fight scenes are a little more frequent & frantic, more action, more gore, much higher death count.

3 is a prequel, a little medieval, but more along the lines of the first one pace wise & story wise. The second one in some ways lacked story, whilst the third one was more story based & less action.

If you liked the first one, you'll like the other two.

9. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

The third one is also basically an extended remix of a flashback scene from the first one.

10. duckface

duckface Guest

And for some reason they couldn't be bothered to be consistent with the flashbacks seen in the first film.

Oh well, I thought it was decent. But I'm glad I didn't pay to see it, because despite Michael Sheen it's nowhere near as good as the first two.

11. Re: Underworld: New Dawn (Released Jan 20th 2012)

Kate is a gorgeous woman who I wouldn't mind spending a dozen years on a desert island with, but she's also the actress version of Victoria Beckham.

12. Re: Underworld: New Dawn (Released Jan 20th 2012)

I didn't really enjoy the second one so much as funnily enough it suffered from the same fate as the second Resident Evil film - the story didn't really go anywhere. However, I loved the third film, the setting was great. It slightly reminded me of the battle for Helms Deep in Lord of the Rings; The Two Towers. Will be interesting to see what new characters they bring in. Yes, they're trash but like the RE films I'll just keep watching as they're enjoyable.

13. Re: Underworld: New Dawn (Released Jan 20th 2012)

She used to go to my gym. I was in there on a Sunday morning once - she was the only other person in there and was on the phone to someone saying how 'she refused to do a sequel' - this was just after Van Helsing.

14. Re: Underworld: New Dawn (Released Jan 20th 2012)

AWESOME.

15. First trailer has been put up for this film, the name has changed from New Dawn to Awakening.

I think it looks really good, though I hope Scott Speedman makes an appearance in it somewhere, can't beat Kate in a bit of spandex!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=81198

16. Scott Speedman has now been added as "rumoured" on IMDB now.

I hope this is true & he will be in it.

17. duckface

duckface Guest

Where? I just watched both of them and didn't see him (but I did see someone that looked like Michael Sheen).

All in all, it looks good, even if the 'little girl is the key to everything' storyline is tired as hell. I'm guessing she's Celine and Michael's daughter?

18. At 2:10/2:11 in this trailer http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2865733145/

I'm sure that's him?

I think she is their daughter.

19. duckface

duckface Guest

Doesn't look like him to me, but it's hard to tell really. If he is in this film, I'd doubt they'd put him in the trailers (as it looks like the search for Michael will be a story line).
    I just checked Wikipedia, and apparently that girl is their daughter and she's called Eve. Original...

Also: Embarrassing, I typed Celine and not Selene.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.