United Kingdom 2012 Entry | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

United Kingdom 2012 Entry

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by cjwhite1, Aug 19, 2011.

1. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Yes. Very much and representing us.

2. Suddenly Gina G doesn't look so bad......

Who is the oldest Eurovision entrant ever? Surely he has a shot at the record?

3. He wasn't the main performer, but Eva Rivas from Armenia 2010 had an 83-year-old man playing an Armenian flute on stage with her.

Croatia 2008 had a singer nicknamed "75 Cents," who was, you guessed it, 75.

4. Oh lord it's going to be Englebert isn't it? I just did a quick google search in hope that we wasn't grammy nominated - but he is :(

Oh Shirely why have you smited me so!!!!!

FYI - Eng is 75

5. Kill me, if It's him. ACTUALLY KILL ME.

6. Fuck, I hope the Bassey/Jones rumours win out.

Eurovision is DEAD to me if its Englebert.

7. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

It's definitely him I'm afraid.

8. So it's mass popjustice suicide at 10:30 then!

9. Apparently he's touring the US in May? Is this 100%?

10. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Only from the 9th to the 16th of May.

Didn't someone say earlier in the thread about it being someone working with modern artists? The news on his website says he's recording songs with Adele's writers and James Morrison.

11. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Basically saying "lots of people in foreign countries like him" hardly speaks volumes about them being concerned about the quality of the artist or the song does it?

12. It was all going so well.

Shirley or Tom would have been A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!

But no, we go and choose Englebert Humperdinck???

Does anyone know if Lulu has ever been approached? She's a showbiz legend, Eurovision royalty and would sing the fuck out of anything she was given.

13. Its Eurovision, when has song quality ever really come in to it in recent years? He is a bit more credible as an artist I think. We probably won't really get the vote still though.

14. I didn't realize Adele, Lana Del Rey, and Mary J Blige shared a "team." But I also don't know much about any of those three, really. Is there someone who immediately comes to mind as having worked with all 3 of them? Or are we talking "wrote the B-side" level of "team" here?

15. To be more specific, the song has been produced by Martin Terefe who has worked with Mary J Blige and it was co-written by Sacha Skarbek who has worked with Adele and Lana Del Rey.

16. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I wish they were sending Ethelbert instead.

[​IMG]

17. *throws hands to the sky* WHY!!??

18. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

"It doesn't matter, I will discover another person resembling yooooo-hoooo..."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.