United Kingdom Entry 2011 | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

United Kingdom Entry 2011

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Deucy1980, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Pretty good, huh?

Slightly dated, but in a "It''s Blue" as opposed to anything too cringeworthy. After 3 plays it's already growing on me significantly.

2. BRILLIANT!! After 1 listen it I was really impressed which bodes well.

Just sounded very modern and current, exactly what I was hoping for. I reckon we could have a very good chance of doing well now!

3. It's actually rather good! It sounds like a rockier version of (the actual) Take That.

They are officially my favourites. Congratulations, UK.

4. duckface

duckface Guest

It sounds like it's been stolen off the new The Wanted album.

I'm not too impressed, but then again I never expected to be.

5. I've been down, down so long, but those days are gone now.

Kinda like it.

6. Woohoo! I'm gonna put it out there, possibly the best UK entry since 'Touch my Fire'.

This has turned out a lot better than i expected and I'm actually really impressed. Seems like the Beeb actually knew what they were doing this year.

I have very high hopes for us getting a decent placing this year, I don't think we'll win, but i do think the top 10 beckons, hopefully top 5 again!!

Congrats to the Blue boys, this is very decent indeed.

EDIT: Forgot to say that's it's incredibly catchy, and I've only heard it once. This has to be a good thing!!

7. I like it. Pretty good for a UK entry - well done BBC. A credible act with a credible song. Let's just pretend 2010 never happened shall we? Oh - everyone has. Oops! Sorry for mentioning it.

8. I'm going to be so bold as to say the best since Jessica Garlick. Bold, I know, but there we go. (There again I loathe Touch My Fire more than any other UK entry of the last decade. Yes, even last year's.)

9. What is it that you don't like MadeInHeaven? It is because it's Javine? Which in my book is a good enough reason to loathe a song.

10. I must say I'm pretty darn pleased with this. And after hearing most of the other songs for this year, for me, it's one of the better songs. I hope they can pull it off live.

I agree, definitely the best song since Jessica Garlic!

11. Madness! Touch My Fire is the UK's biggest Eurovision-injustice in my opinion. It should have sailed into the top 10.

Ditto! I was humming it after 1 listen, obsessively singing it after 3, which bodes very very well!

Next obstacle, the live performance....and the UKs placing.

12. well we only have to wait until tomorrow for the live performance, and Monday for the draw so if both of those go well we could be in a very strong position this time next week.

Position in the running order is key, if we get the 2nd spot again i think i'll openly weep.

13. Oh god, it's SO nerve racking every year. If get anything 1st to....8th or so, I will be totally devastated!

14. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Well I have to say I'm relieved it's not another Coldplay-esque track, like Take That and The Wanted seem to be obsessed with right now.

Wonder how it will do?

15. Take That's latest album sounds absolutely nothing like Coldplay!

As for Blue, I don't think they will win, but a Top 10 placing should be possible. I'm not sold (yet), but most people seem to love the song, so at least that's a good sign.

16. Meh - it was just a rehash of Sertab's song that won a couple of years earlier. As ever, the UK picked up on the trend way too late to make a difference.

17. I have NO idea why everyone thinks Javine or Jessica Garlick are worthy of being considered great UK entries. I will have to youtube both their performances again....

..... oh dear god the Javine song is just as awful as I remeber it and although she is an adequate performer the vocal is basically out of tune shouting. For a 3 minute song it also feels overly long! Jessic Garlick is clearly an adequate singer (for most of the performance) but the song is dreary and I have always hated the strangled way she sings "Come Back".

We have deserved to do poorly since 1998 so I am sticking to my initial opinion this Blue track is the best entry since Imaani

18. Ugh, so not feeling this. worst UK submission for me since Daz Sampson....Guess I'm backing Sweden again this year seeing as how all of their finalists are better than this (of course, being American, my opinion means fuck all).....

Edit: Or even better, Israel, for sending back Dana International

19. Soooo what did we all think of the performance tonight?

I have to say I think overall it was very good. Vocals need to be tighter, and dance moves done with more conviction (Anthony espeically). But apart from that my hopes have not been dashed, all we need now is a good draw on Monday...

20. Bit disappointed. It was a distractingly odd performance.

What is it about UK's attitude to eurovision? It is seemingly obligatory to do cheesey uncomfortable formation dance moves. When have Blue ever performed like this before?

The choreographer should be fired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z8wxu9mz_A

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.