United States Of Tara | The Popjustice Forum

United States Of Tara

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by jamieluke, May 8, 2010.

1. I started to watch this last night, I'm currently four episodes in. As far as I am concerned Toni Collette can do no wrong and this show is exceptionally great.

Does anyone know what the ratings for this were like in the US? She mentioned on The Graham Norton Show a few weeks back that she said that it wouldn't get picked up in Europe just yet.

Does anyone else watch this? If so let's discuss!

2. Yes, season one is great. I've yet to start on season two but I'm anticipating it. Just full of great characters.Tara's sister Charmaine is perhaps my favourite... there's a great moment where she exposes her wonky tits and breaks down. Also the weird alter which dresses in the cape and pisses all over the place.

3. By far my favourite show on at the moment! And it's already been picked up for a third season by HBO, so you don't have to worry about it coming to a sudden end. The second season is already seven episodes in, and in my opinion has improved in quality as you begin to understand the 'situation' more and the writing in general is just.. better. Especially Marsh's storyline. But yeah, Toni Collette is amazing, and so underrated for the amount of talent she has. It's good she's getting recognition for her work in this.

4. Love it! I'm a bit behind on season two, having only seen the first two episodes, but the first season blew me away. It's amazing, and I agree that Toni Colette can do no wrong.

I think the ratings are fairly good for the channel it's shown on - nothing sky-high but it's had early pickups for season two (now on) and season three... And I think it averaged 2.67m in the first few episodes which was higher than anything Showtime had before.

5. I didn't realise there were two seasons. I know what I am going to be doing for the rest of the day then.

6. Yes! Glad this has its own thread. I discovered it too thanks to the Graham Norton interview. Toni Collette is an excellent and versatile actress. It wasn't enough that she was in one of my favourite films (Muriel's Wedding) she is in now in my current favourite series.

The only gripe I have is that the episodes are too short. Another ten minutes would go a long way.

This has some excellent lines right from the opening episode's 'I have been digging around in your closet for an hour and I can't fucking get to Narnia' and 'Quit hating, you know you wish you had all this'.

The Buck storyline in the opening of series two was really nice too.

7. This show is so bizzare, I'm not sure how to react to it. But I keep watching, its so addicitve. The 5 main actors/actresses are so talented (the family + Charmaine), and also Katie's boss.

8. 3Xs

3Xs

This show is INCREDIBLE. I watch it online since I don't have Showtime and I'm about halfway through season 2. Toni Collette is such an amazing actress, I was so happy when she won the Emmy last year!

So far season 2 has DEFENITLY been even better than the first, as bojach said, you learn so much more about the characters and alters this time around. Though I'm disappointed that T hasn't been seen yet this season! That's a minor gripe though, and I'm sure she'll be back eventually. Besides, the new alter is so interesting T isn't missed that badly.

I agree. Though I kind of like it that way, it gives you just enough but still leaves you wanting more.

It kind of sucks that they are only doing a season a year (the first season was in 09, the current one is in 2010, and the third season wont be on until 2011!) I hate waiting so long!

9. I love how they addressed that though.. 'I got a postcard from T, she's living on the streets of Seattle and she referred to herself as a gutter punk!'

I'm hoping she'll be back soon though.

10. I just watched the final few epsiodes of season two. I loved the Princess Valhalla Hawkwind storyline.

11. I really miss T! I hope she comes back in the finale or something.

12. Last night's episode was quite good.

Max is totally going to fuck barchick.

I am excite to see how the Marshal/Lionel/Gaybour-storyline will unfold.

13. I love Tara's sister so much.

"The baby may not be yours biologically, but it's yours spiritually."

14. I laughed hard with :

'Why is Tara smiling ? Is one of her alters fucking a clown ?!'

15. Oh, I forgot about that one! She is actually amazing.

16. This weeks episode was good. Although I can't help but think there's a sinister side to Kate's internet date.

17. I thought last week's episode was soooooo fucking lame but this week episode was amazing.

Loved the Marshall gay sex park scene.

Loved the Mimi-plot.

Loved the ending which came as a suprise to me (although it was so obvious that something like that would happen.)

"Oh Charmaine, you're so pretty but you always made decisions like an ugly girl."

18. Marshall's scene with the guy eating a sandwich was great.

I'm glad Kate got rid of the internet millionaire guy, he was really creepy.

Charmaine continues to have the best lines in the show.

19. It was really good this week. Marshalls friend is too beautiful!
    The ending was quite shocking really too. The line you quoted from the Mum about making decisions like an ugly girl is such genius writing. haha.

20. 3Xs

3Xs

The part of them in the park was really bizarre! Who goes looking to have sex in a park?! Creepy! Haha.

Great episode though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.