Upsahl (Hindsight 20/20 EP) | The Popjustice Forum

Upsahl (Hindsight 20/20 EP)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Duppe, Apr 11, 2019.

1. I couldn’t find a thread for Upsahl so wanted to start one. I caught her in concert opening for someone else a few weeks ago and instantly fell in love with her sound. Drugs is the song of 2019 already for me.

Also I have no idea how to pronounce her name correctly despite asking her how to twice...

Island likes this.
  3. This EP isn’t as strong as the first for me. Sad Sorry After Party & Arizona are probably her least strong songs yet. Some of the songs while still good do feel like a rehash of Drugs (People I Don’t Like & Young Life Crisis) but just don’t hit the same highs. Having said that MoneyOnMyMind is an absolute banger and amongst her strongest. Fake Bitch is by far the best ballad she’s released, it’s really honest and a lovely listen. I wish 12345Sex had been on the EP instead of a stand alone single, it’s a fantastic release from her this year.

Also glad to see Drugs having a bit of a viral moment right now, I’m really routing for her.

nooniebao likes this.
    Jersey and 4Roses like this.
  5. I’m just finding out she’s a songwriter for other pop acts?

6. Music video for STOP!:

Jersey likes this.
  7. The verses on STOP! Are incredible, I love the production choices. The chorus is a little disappointing but I’m sure it will grow.

nooniebao likes this.
    4Roses likes this.

4Roses likes this.
    nooniebao likes this.
  11. “STOP!” is a 10/10, yup yup.

nooniebao and francisco like this.
  12. Douchebag took a while to grow on me but Melatonin is much more instant. This all feels like a very cohesive package right now, looking forward to the album whenever it may come out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.