Utada Hikaru - BAD Mode | Page 112 | The Popjustice Forum

Utada Hikaru - BAD Mode

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Osiris, Aug 9, 2010.

1. I think Exodus is great for where she was but it exhibits a lot of growing pains. That said, it's an album I think she needed to make for us to have gotten ULTRA BLUE.

nikkysan likes this.
  2. I don't even count TiTO as a Utada album, to be honest - it sounds absolutely nothing like her.

3. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Loving all this praise for such a fantastic album! Really warms my heart <3

4. Automatic Part 2 is the only dud on This Is The One.

evilsin, 3Xs, Island and 5 others like this.
  6. Nn but when's the song coming out. I guess the release is coinciding with the video.

Sounds really good.

aaronhansome likes this.
  7. I'm feeling very

8. That sounds really promising, and I'm already obsessed with these delicate production layers. She's truly giving us mid 00s Utada through a 2021 lens in the best way possible.

evilsin, KimLippington and nikkysan like this.
  9. Island

Island Staff Member

I love Miliyah’s version of Can You Keep A Secret.

evilsin and Monkey0 like this.
  10. No, but really.

11. It will probably always be stuck where it is in order for me purely because of how much I love her first four alberms (I can understand why people don’t gravitate towards First love and DISTANCE on here but I also think you’re insane) but Hatsukoi really is fantastic too. The gap between them is not nearly as large as it used to be.

(Yes it’s me having a late night lil moment with pakuchi no uta of ALL SONGS. the verses are so delicate -bottom eyes emoji-)

12. Speaking of Distance.. I am probably one of the few people who enjoy DISTANCE (the song) to FINAL DISTANCE. The latter is touching and the story behind it heartbreaking but it’s one of those songs where I have to be in a very specific mood in order to listen. Whereas I really love the former and its breezy nostalgic vibe.

To be honest though taking a song and completely changing the entire feeling while still keeping the lyrics and basic melody? Only a genius.

13. the ultimate form of DISTANCE to me teebs.

14. Island

Island Staff Member

The way this sounds so disjointed but fits so well at the same time.

Also, I love the DISTANCE album. It still sounds fresh today!

15. DISTANCE is so underrated.

This is definitely the best upbeat version of the song. The PLANITb remix also slaps!

Trinu 3.0, evilsin, Jawshxx and 3 others like this.

16. Generous queen. At least one whole English track on the album!

askew, evilsin, MiChiMadNesS and 10 others like this.
  17. Legend. She's so easy to stan. I adore how committed to her music she is.

Macsun, Osiris, RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.
  18. Watch the English song just be Face My Fears sksksk (bop though!). The fact that she's talking about an ALBUM at all makes me happy.

How does PINK BLOOD still not have a release date? I've played that 1:30 snippet too much already. I just love how warm all the songs from this era are so far.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  19. https://www.utadahikaru.jp/news/detail.html?id=529063

It actually just got one, June 2. Also love the new artist photo, I hope the album shoot's along this style.

evilsin, Trinu 3.0, Osiris and 3 others like this.
  20. I guess PINK BLOOD was supposed to be released earlier but they had to push it back because of the Evangelion movie delay and the big success of One Last Kiss (her 2nd most watched video on youtube).

evilsin, stoicist and Chris_P like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.