Utada Hikaru - BAD Mode | Page 114 | The Popjustice Forum

Utada Hikaru - BAD Mode

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Osiris, Aug 9, 2010.

1. This album is going to ruin me.

2. The song is immaculate, I'm obsessed with all the little details in the production. The video is gorgeous too and she looks incredible!

She can't stop slaying.

3. Is she really going to release her best album after +20 years in the business? Just wow.

Attached Files:

mi|kshake and evilsin like this.
  4. ANNOUNCE THE ALBUM.

the song is great, i didn't like the adlibs at first but i've come around.

dewzero, Trinu 3.0, evilsin and 2 others like this.
  5. Is it just me or does this MV showcase her at her most quietly self-assured we've ever seen? Also love when the shakers drop out of the background for the four bars when she talks about being "even on a path with no end in sight", so much attention to detail here.

dewzero, mi|kshake, evilsin and 2 others like this.
  6. Jawshxx, Osiris, 3Xs and 2 others like this.
  7. This is immense. Truly there is no other like her and I've ran out of words to describe how much I love her. The middle 8 is a bit nasally, but the overall song is so intimate and sensual. The hook's delivery is on another whole level especially when it's layered with the other vocals later in the song.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    dewzero, Pink_Punk, Mr Blonde and 2 others like this.

8. Caring queen. Also she's now added English subs to the PINK BLOOD video (and maybe the One Last Kiss one too? I don't recall seeing any before but now there are).

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    Attis, Trinu 3.0, evilsin and 7 others like this.
  9. Awww she is so lovely! Need to check out the Pink Blood PV with subs!

evilsin likes this.
  10. https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/...a-on-teen-fame-discrimination-grief-interview
    Great English interview, and a bonus that she doesn't slag off Exodus!

This is such a big part of why I've continued to follow all her work since I was a teen.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    BrokenHearts, Island, evilsin and 8 others like this.
  11. When she's asked what the biggest misconception about her is and she says that people are shook to bump into her and realize she's actually real dd.

BrokenHearts, soratami, Attis and 9 others like this.
  12. 3Xs

3Xs

I think One Last Kiss is my most played song this year. And Pink Blood is quickly following it.

I liked in the Japanese interview that was posted earlier they talked about the influence of hip-hop on this new music, cus I can really feel on One Last Kiss in the way she's almost rapping the verses. I'm so interested to see the direction this album goes in.

Attis, Island, evilsin and 5 others like this.
  13. Omg Hikki just came out as non binary in their latest Insta live! So happy for them!!

14. I don't know a better person ect Honestly thats huge news, Im so proud to be a fan!

I need the album!!!

evilsin, Attis, clowezra and 8 others like this.
  15. 3Xs

3Xs

Sooooooo happy for Hikki and wow this is huge to have such a major Japanese artist come out as NB.

evilsin, Mikal, Attis and 5 others like this.
  16. They seemed so excited to announce it as well, really proud to be a fan.

It seems like they’ve been on quite the personal journey over the last 10 years or so. I wonder if they’d ever write a book, I’d actually love a memoir.

evilsin, Attis, bakerboy92 and 9 others like this.
  17. I'm so proud of Hikki!

18. Beyond proud of them, and overjoyed at the level of representation this will mean for LGBTQIA+ people in Japan, to have a star this huge come out. Blown away.

evilsin, Island, Attis and 5 others like this.
  19. where is the non-binary album!!!!!

evilsin, fancygreen, Mikal and 11 others like this.
  20. I totally expected this to come after the pronoun post, so proud for them to do it while they're still at the top of the J-Pop game.

Also hoping people will be decent and no jokes are made regarding You Make Me Want To Be A Man about this

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.