Utada Hikaru - BAD Mode | Page 119 | The Popjustice Forum

Utada Hikaru - BAD Mode

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Osiris, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Kimini Muchuu is kind of unreal?

It's top tier Utada, incredible.

2. FINALLY! The (pandemic inspired?) album cover is adorable too, I can't bloody wait!

mi|kshake and KimLippington like this.

3. WE’RE STILL MOVING

4. Wait, we’re getting it in a month? This is fantastic news!

evilsin and clowezra like this.
  5. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

I had no idea "One Last Kiss" was Utada's first Japanese number one in like forever. So thrilled for this era, Utada deserves everything.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    fancygreen, Crisp X, nikkysan and 4 others like this.
  6. Hate the album cover (seriously) but can't wait for this. Expecting the first great album of 2022.

7. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

*Shaking and crying*

8. I absolutely love her hair styling in this video. Meanwhile for the album I like that her son's in it, but I wish they went with this instead:

Also more details for the Hikaru Utada Live Sessions from Air Studios show, interesting that it's actually a pre-record:
    https://www.utadahikaru.jp/livesessions2022/en/

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  9. Yes! That's not a long wait.

The album isn't as good as the previous two, but after doing the dishes in the Hikari video, they deserve to just hang around and relax. We know they know what they're doing, so I'm sure the overall packaging and artwork will be on point. It also fits the soothing quality of all the recent songs.

I wish we got more info on the tracklist.

10. JANUARY‽ Yes!!! The cover is definitely interesting. Here hoping for at least 5 new songs.
    And it was #1 only digitally as well as "Time".

RUNAWAY likes this.
  11. finally.

evilsin and beyoncésweave like this.
  12. finally.png

13. I’m truly going to be SO much more annoying about this album I can feel it in my bones. give me a ridiculous vinyl version too Hikki.

14. Face My Fears is going to sound really out of place nn

bakerboy92 likes this.
  15. Apparently one song will be remixed? I really hope it will be Face My Fears! They look stunning in the cover!

Bad Mode is such an unexpected title! Can't wait for the album - getting 2022 off to a good start!

RUNAWAY likes this.
  16. I already expect them to have One Last Kiss as the final track and have Beautiful World (Da Capo Version) as the remix after that...

aaronhansome likes this.
  17. Mr Blonde likes this.
  18. 3Xs

3Xs

Another Utada in the studio video... imaginehowtiredweare.mp4

Kinda sad their streak of face-only album covers is going to be broken with this release, and the name is... interesting, and Face My Fears being on there is... a choice, but I do like the symbolism of this being Hikki's quarantine album and seeing their child running around is a nice touch.

Can't believe it's coming so soon!!

evilsin and mi|kshake like this.
  19. My most awaited album of 2022. I hope we get at least 5 new tracks and I would have left Face My Fears out, its the only non A+ single.

mi|kshake likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.