Utada Hikaru - BAD Mode | Page 124 | The Popjustice Forum

Utada Hikaru - BAD Mode

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Osiris, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Another one? Can’t wait to listen to the album!!

TheChoirgirlHotel likes this.
  2. Can't wait to hear the album when the CD is released! Excited to hear that we have 7 and 11 minute songs too.

Looking forward to the concert tomorrow!

Ticket 4 Two came on shuffle the other day and I forgot how much I enjoyed that song. I maybe need to revisit Precious.

3. Replacing Skrillex's version of Face My Fears on the tracklist with the A.G. Cook remix.

[​IMG]

_hazzie_, ohaimanabu, Liberty and 2 others like this.
  4. The Take 5 ending though, gah.

5. I’m going to have a heart attack just listening to the previews, this is so good. I’ll be dead tomorrow listening to the whole thing. The way they are still producing this quality of work 20+ years into their career… I don’t know a better person.

mi|kshake likes this.
  6. Gave it a full run through even with the pre-released tracks... Yeah, I don't know if it's cause I'm already familiar with all the songs but this might be my favourite of Utada's albums. I'm scared, girls.

I feel like Somewhere Near Marseilles doesn't need to be 12 minutes long, but I almost didn't notice that it was still going cause I was still quietly bopping.

WAIT the AG Cook Remix of Face My Fears.

[​IMG]

7. You have me SO PERCHED.

mi|kshake and BEST FICTION like this.
  8. Honestly I think the only improvement would be having Chikai/Don't Think Twice on it too, like might as well have all of them together.

soratami, aux, fancygreen and 4 others like this.
  9. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

I've already downloaded it and....the title track. I've ASCENDED.

10. I totally agree, I think Somewhere Near Marseilles got a little too indulgent past the 10 minute mark. But all the same, I think this is easily among their top 3 albums, might possibly be the case that This Is The One. You usually don't say that about someone's output 8 (Japanese) albums in!

The Utada talent dynasty continues. Strings and vocals already, how prolific this kid is going to be.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    mi|kshake, tj-x, soratami and 11 others like this.
  11. Initial thought: they are just brilliant at picking the perfect first track for their albums. Fight The Blues, Michi, Play A Love Song and now BAD MODE. Looking forward to living with these songs the rest of the week.

mi|kshake, RUNAWAY and ohaimanabu like this.
  12. The album is breathtaking, and absolutely one of their best. Glad I didn’t overplay the promo singles (bar One Last Kiss and Face My Fears nn) so the album feels almost entirely new! A masterpiece.

mi|kshake and Timbo like this.
  13. This album. god_is_real dot beyoncé

14. The title track is glorious. Lemme delve into the rest of it!

clowezra likes this.
  15. Why is this album out in the middle of the week? I thought you were all at the train station or something.

16. Official release day in Japan is Wednesday.

aux and Mikal like this.
  17. [​IMG]

The whole album is a career highlight. Put it in the Louvre!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022

18. Nice little insight into the virtual gig, can't wait to see it.

Crisp X likes this.
  19. aux

aux

The album is excellent. "Somewhere In Marseilles" is giving best song of all time teas, I'm in love.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.