Utada Hikaru - BAD Mode | Page 129 | The Popjustice Forum

Utada Hikaru - BAD Mode

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Osiris, Aug 9, 2010.

1. yes thank god and don’t you dare even suggest there will be others.

RUNAWAY, fancygreen, nikkysan and 5 others like this.
  2. Honestly….that moment in Somewhere Near Marseilles where it feels like it's escalating, and then the percussion drops out as they sing the verse in Japanese makes me c*m.

3. Joshua Minsoo Kim is writing the review so I think we’re in for a treat!

Mikal and Mr Blonde like this.
  4. Yesterday I played their whole discography in shuffle and honestly... an immaculate body of work.

I can't believe they invented violins and French with Ore no Kanojo

RUNAWAY, Isobel, lalaclairi_ and 12 others like this.

5. Not the biggest fan of Zane's interviews but thrilled all the same for more English content.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  6. My 11 in the Utada Hikaru rate a few years ago (and it possibly still is).

7. Wow that's amazing they're on Zane Lowe! Feels like Bad Mode is getting more attention than Exodus and This Is The One ever did.

lalaclairi_ and Osiris like this.
  8. That NPR article almost gave me a heart attack.
    The way I booked it to Spotify to make sure they hadn't taken it off without me knowing.
    [​IMG]

DoggySwami likes this.
  9. Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
    Island, Jeppo, Mikal and 2 others like this.
  10. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

8.00 rating from Pitchfork.

RUNAWAY, Island, Dreampopboy and 17 others like this.
  11. Obviously it deserved better, but seeing a pop record beat Pitchfork’s 7.? slump feels like a triumph to me. I can’t see anything topping this as my AOTY at this rate.

12. Reading this now and it really threw me off that Utada is just 39. For some reason I was always under the impression they were a bit older than the other big J-Pop divas, like mid/late 40s or so.

digitalkaiser likes this.
  13. It is a little shocking thinking about how they are only 5 years older then me.dd

Just goes to show just how young they were when they started and became a superstar AND how long they have been in the game! To release an album like BAD Mode this far along…a literal dream and a triumph.

thommyh, mi|kshake, Island and 6 others like this.
  14. It’s great to see this album getting more attention in the west media. They totally deserve it!

mi|kshake and Mikal like this.
  15. Oh. I only missed an album release and a concert because I wasn't keeping up with the thread...

Thrilled with the reception and eager to dive in!

mi|kshake and aaronhansome like this.
  16. I am LOSING MY MIND right now as the physical of the deluxe came in and the Amazon promised print of the cover is literally the cover for the deluxe, as in THE GODDAMN SHIPPING LABEL GOOD BYEEEEE.

Mr Blonde, RUNAWAY, stoicist and 11 others like this.
  17. I mean Bad mode is one of the albums of the year....but the package is...fun.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  18. would you say it put you in a bad mode?

19. This album is everything. BAD is one of my fav songs of the year, I love the lyrics.

20. Bad Mode is all shades of brilliance. Instantly a career top 3 honestly. The fact that the "here's a diazepam" chorus happens only once though... a gay hate crime!

backstreetjoe likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.