Utada Hikaru - Darenimo Iwanai | Page 47 | The Popjustice Forum

Utada Hikaru - Darenimo Iwanai

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Osiris, Aug 9, 2010.

1. 3Xs

3Xs

lkndfjdnsifusdnfsfb she did NOT come to play games this time. I knew she wouldn't disappoint.

See what happens when you have talent?

Slice of Life and send photo like this.
  2. 3Xs

3Xs

And LIVING for the mild lesbianism in those stills.

Not going to listen to the full song though I want to experience this album all at once.

3. I've listened to Michi and I'm waiting for the album for the rest (oop @ me barely listening to the 2 pre-release songs/forgetting how they sound). 13 days away. 1 day before my birthday. Actual Queen. *Beyonce voice* how I've missed you, my love

4. "Michi" is incredible. So many little surprising production flourishes on top of typically brilliant lyrics and melody.

Osiris likes this.
  5. I was scared of a too baladish album, but sorry for doubting you Utada!

6. All of this information over the last day or two honestly me feeling firm and moist. She's going to just swoop in and destroy me again after 8 years like it's nothing?

Looks like I better invest.

7. She has this incredible ability to cut across languages and convey the heart of emotion. Michi has me ugly crying right now, then I had to look up the translation which is even worse as my Aunt who I has extremely close with passed three years ago 4 days ago.

8. I'm PERCHED for this.
    I just love her style in those stills, she just oozes cool. I've decided to hold off on listening to any of the released tracks since we are so close.

9. I've only listened to the singles, no Michi and that like 10 sec clip of the Ringo song. UGH I CAN'T WAIT.

10. It all is falling into place.

11. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

FUCK. Can 5pm get here PLEASE.

aaronhansome likes this.
  12. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The end of my work day!

aaronhansome and send photo like this.
  13. I want them to form a supergroup and just release lovely song after lovely song ugh.

14. Like I've waited over a decade for another collaboration from them and it's such a beautiful music video and their voices are so lovely together.

It's embarrassing to say but I'm just so happy she's back and all of these things feel like they're personally for me. The first person I stanned for, with the person that (I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_) replaced her as my Jpop fave. I remember Hikki's quote saying she'd quit at some point her twenties and I was resigned that we'd basically never get a full album from her again and here we are.

15. The full video is good! Her best video in ages. I love the solar system theme. And the lesbian teasing...

aaronhansome and send photo like this.
  16. The full 2 Hour Vacation video is over here, by the way. Very beautiful.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  17. wow.

Stunned!

18. Two Hour Vacation is so damn lush. I didn't realize I need a song like this in my life.
    If it wasn't for her posting on twitter the last two weeks, I wouldn't have realized this album was even coming out as I've just forgotten about Jpop.

19. That video is so beautiful, expensive and epic. And yet, while the song never 'explodes', it is completely captivating. It has a soothing quality.

20. Oh my fucking God, this has to be the most perfect thing she's ever done. A perfect distillation of what I find appealing about Utada and a flawless execution. I am talking about Two Hour Vacation here, and it's visual too. Michi didn't do much for me, it could be on Heart Station sonically, and it's not the most striking song ever melodically either.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.