V (the new version) | The Popjustice Forum

V (the new version)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by type:epyt, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Anyone else watch this last night (or no doubt months ago from US tv)?

I only really watched it as it had Julia, Bailey (and as it turned out Alpha and Superman's cousin) in it ... and it turned out to be not half bad ... if the pace from the first two episodes shown keeps up then it might be a watcher ...

2. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

It's already on the "critical list" for shows that won't be renewed in the US, so don't get too involved!

3. I still hope it will get renewed for a second season. But even if it doesn't there'll still be the ending of episode 5 that we can watch over and over again. I'm not gonna say what it is so as not to spoil it for anyone but it's just major 'lolorama' - I was down on the floor after falling off my chair.

4. duckface

duckface Guest

I saw this being filmed when I was in Vancouver, though I didn't know it at the time. There were tanks and army vehicles everywhere, and when I asked a production assistant (or something) what was going on she said it was some "low budget movie with unknown actors". Bitch.

Have yet to watch it, though. Good shows never make it to my end of the world. At least not within five years of having been aired in the States.

5. This is an abomination compared to the original.

6. I love this.

Apparently it's either V or FlashForward which will get renewed. I watch both, but think the former is better and has more long-term potential.

7. FlashForward has lower ratings (and I don't like it anymore) - so I hope V will survive and improve (rating-wise) in the next season!

8. Just watched the first episode, and as much as I love Elizabeth Mitchell, beyond her the acting was quite appalling, and the dialogue was horrible. There were a few good moments, but truth be told it's quite rubbish.

9. duckface

duckface Guest

I haven't started watching Flashforward yet, but it does appear to have only very short-term potential. The flashforward is of their lives in 3 months? They could have at least made it a couple of years.

10. Ah, but there could be another one!

Yeah, i've nearly given up on Flashforward.

11. I quite enjoyed this. It's not like somethig I'd watch and it's very intriguing. I think it may not come back for a 2nd series though, considering Flashforward apparently has a high overseas interest. Well that's what the actress who plays Janis in Flashforward said, don't know if it's true though. Maybe she was just bigging the show up.

Oh and Anna creeps the hell out of me.

12. The only problem is that US TV networks (including ABC where Flashforward airs) don't give a shit about international ratings! They don't get any money from international TV sales or DVD sales - all they care about are ratings in key "demographics" in US (for shows like FF that is usually people from 18 to 36 or something like that) and how much money advertising will cost based on those ratings. Sad but true.

Current Flashforward ratings are lower than Eastwick and just slightly better than Ugly Betty - both already cancelled.

13. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Fun Fact: Famke Jansen (X-Men, Nip/Tuck) was originally offered the role of the lead alien, Anna.

14. duckface

duckface Guest

I love Famke. I wish she'd get more work.

15. I'm in love with this series - and for once my favourite is not cancelled, as apparently V got renewed!

16. It's rather good...but some of the dialogue is just cringeworthy. It's a bit...well it makes Lost look halfhearted. Glad to hear it's been renewed though :)

17. Yep, V is officially returning for a second season!

I'm about 3 episodes behind at the moment, i'll need to catch up.

18. Rob

Rob

Excellent season finale, if slightly cheesy in places. Ana screaming crying when she found out her eggs were destroyed was the highlight of the season for me, so brilliantly done. What was with the red sky? Are the V's going to attack now?

19. I think this season has a lot of potential for development in the next season. The final scenes were great but I'm not sure where they can take the series if Anna decides to join the humans... Can there be someone to replace her as the V leader and then fight against her?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.