V V Brown - General Discussion | Page 25 | The Popjustice Forum

V V Brown - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Breakfast2, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Yeah, I believe so.

I'm hoping the "with narration" will mean a booklet with her discussing each track.

2. I understand precisely zero per cent of what I'm supposed to be getting on vinyl in any of the tiers, so I'm going to sit this one out.

Runawaywithme likes this.

3. Time to update the spreadsheet @Bon Frère!
    I chose the "vinyl whammy" reward but I'm still not entirely sure what I'm getting (does V V herself know?)

4. I just don’t trust her to get it all sorted nn

I’m sorry Vanessa

Verandi and Mr.Arroz like this.
  5. I'm guessing then the 3 vinyl are Travelling Like The Light, Lollipops and Politics and the new album?

6. No it’s lollipops, travelling and travelling acoustic

7. I'm so confused.

The new vinyl reward she's put up is actually just for Travelling Like The Light, Glitch and Samson & Delilah. Lollipops isn't included in it.

8. Literally just had confirmation the "vinyl whammy" £90 reward does include Travelling and Lollipops on vinyl. I think that's what most of us are after?

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  9. Less than 48 hours to go and I’m still struggling to find a reward category that I want. Incredibly impressive that a campaign can be so scattershot and devoid of updates and excitement. Usually there’s meant to be some sort of energy and fear of missing out but I’m only feeling apathy.

Funnily enough, this whole thing actually led to me finding signed copies of both Samson and Delilah and Glitch on eBay for a total of £30. Money that I would’ve happily put towards this if she offered a decent CD tier among the 27 others. Oh well.

Verandi likes this.
  10. I crumbled and dropped £90 as I’m sure I’ll have major FOMO once it closes. One thing I’m confused about is I only gave my postcode. How do they know/get my address when the Kickstarter gets going? I’ve never done this before.

11. On one of the Kickstarters I backed they emailed out forms to give them your address a while after the thing got funded.

I wonder what the plan is for these records. There are 159 backers so I'm guessing the print runs won't be huge - which makes them pretty expensive?

12. V V here: I would never take peoples hard earn money and 'not sort it out' xx I really value everyones contributions and we are working hard as we speak getting everything together.

13. V V here: xx I have never signed any Vinyl albums for Samson and Delilah and Glitch so these may not be authentic.

14. V V here: Happy to ask any questions directly if there is any confusion. x

15. Usually I would shy away from these spaces as if being mysterious was part of the music game but when you have pushed two kids out of your vagina all of a sudden this mirage of pop life, and not talking in these forums goes out of the window. lol

Ultimately my main objective is to make sure you guys are happy and for it to be open and sincere even if it is a little chaotic.

Firstly, apologies on any of the confusion with this Kickstarter. It has been a little scatter gun I must admit but none the less it has been a really exciting process and I am so grateful for all the support.

We are working hard to make sure you get everything that you want and more. I have communicated a lot with people personally if there are things that they want to add or if there are things they don't quite understand.

Moving forward please feel free to check out my Patreon if you want to follow the creative process of the next project. This is a space where you can be apart of making the album with me.

https://www.patreon.com/vvbrown

Big love xx

V V
    Have a lovely day xxx

stuaw, junglefish, odyism and 42 others like this.
  16. We have a lot of Vinyl from touring days so there is no need to worry about how the print runs will be handled. We have made sure the books balance. (wink wink)

We shall be emailing out forms to get hold of all peoples information in the next day or so. I have updated everyone that I will be doing a zoom session as I want to personally thank everyone for the contributions and meet everyone. I hope I get to meet you too! x

17. The narration will be audio. A track will be played from the album and you will be hear me discussing the tracks on the album itself, almost like an audio documentary. xx

18. VV coming here on a Sunday morning to school us all and tell @Bon Frère they’ve been scammed has made my week.

Icon.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  19. Queen!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.