Van She | The Popjustice Forum

Van She

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by marknyc, Jun 18, 2006.

1. This is the band known as Van She..

[​IMG]

A couple of them seem to be fighting the stylist and one is wearing a combination Bauhaus/PiL logo t-shirt which is fucking hilarious, but otherwise they seem to have some potential in the looks department.

They are also Australian which seems to go a long way in explaining these sorts of things.

Anyway, I have had their song 'Kelly' on my ipod for most of the year now and am prepared to declare that it is in fact very good. I wasn't sure for some time, primarily because of the chorus, but the baseline has won out (as they always tend to do).

Van She brings to mind things like 'Mr. Mister', 'Pseudo Echo' and the fact that I really need to get some laundry done, but these aren't always bad things. Are they?

They have 'Kelly' and two other songs up on their Myspace Page, making them instantly three times potentially more popular with the kids than Billy Bragg.

Have a listen. Actually, have about 73 listens until they sink in.

http://www.myspace.com/vanshe

2. Yes!

I was crapping on about Van She on the old proboards PJ forum, they're brilliant. They supported Annie earlier this year on her Aussie DJ Set tour, and i've been lucky enough to catch them live a couple of times since.

Their self titled E.P. is amazing and the new tracks for the upcoming album are simply ace. They're really nice guys too which is always an added bonus.

The Alan Braxe & Fred Faulke mix of "Kelly" is pretty lush as well.

3. I'm not sure what took you so long, Mark, but I'm glad you posted their link. They're great! The chorus to "Kelly" is fantastic, in my opinion, and "Sex City's" tops too! They're very Cars as well, aren't they?

I think I've got some laundry to do as well...

4. I'd also like to point out that Mark is quite right in saying they carry a bit of "potential" in the looks department. I'll dig up some of the gig photos i've got of the boys from the last few shows i've seen them play when I get home from work today.

5. Okay, now I'm angry...because after deciding via MySpace that "Kelly" is my new favourite song (slid over a bit, "One That Got Away"), I've called every record store in Los Angeles and no one has the EP. Now I suppose I've got to order it online, which will take me AGES (like, a few days) to get.

AARGH!

"Oh Kelly!!!"

silkelectric likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.