Vanessa Carlton : 'Future Pain' & 6th album | The Popjustice Forum

Vanessa Carlton : 'Future Pain' & 6th album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by pop3blow2, May 9, 2019.

1. The Goddess known as Vanessa Carlton is returning in various forms in the near future. As such, I'm creating a proper thread for her.

The past several months have seen several fairly direct mentions of her new album (her 6th studio album... so we'll just call it VC6) on Twitter & Insta.

I was holding off on creating thread, until there was more concrete announcement, but feel there is enough mentions by her to warrant a thread. She said on a recent Instagram:

"The last album (Liberman) was an earthly seance....and the next will be a trip to the moon. "

Sign me up for that trip.

If that wasn't exciting enough, a few hours ago she announced on her Twitter that she will be making her broadway debut...

AS CAROLE FUCKING KING!!! ... in the show Beautiful On Broadway.

Forget wigs being gone, I'm having an out of body experience right now

Anyways, @DJHazey 's iconic rate proved to me there's more love for Nessa on the forum than I ever really realized, so I'll be excited to read everyone's thoughts as this new era unfolds. Every V era is special, but this one could send us to the moon.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  2. @Music Is Life : Giving you a courtesy tag here, as I remembered you asked me to when this thread launched.

Music Is Life likes this.
  3. I feel like I need to go to NYC for the first time in my life

mcuk and pop3blow2 like this.
  4. Thank you! So excited for this album.

5. Didn’t she say last year this would come in the autumn? So excited for this <3

6. Random question but does anyone know where I could listen to M.A.K.E.L.O.V.E.T.O.M.E?

7. I remember that in some Insta stories she said she had basically finished recording so hopefully the album is in the very last stages. To be honest I wouldn't mind some more variation with instruments and rhythm this time around (so I hope to god that we won't get an album sounding like those six covers please and thank you).

8. Love Is An Art

There are some clips of two songs on her Instastory, too – the title track with electronic-y floaty bits and another one with crashing pianos and it sounds heavenly.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  9. It's being mastered already?!?!?!

Hopefully we'll get a single for the summer then. <3

I just gave Liberman a spin and Blue Pool sent me.

AndrewX and andru like this.
  10. She really sounds like Carole King.

11. She is going to play Carole King??? I MUST get to New York...holy shit.

heavymetalGAGA, LKane and mcuk like this.
  12. New single is coming tomorrow!!!!!

13. Actually it's already on YouTube...as the article at PaperMag.com just used an embed.

I reeeeaaaally like it.

My heart will not be able to take a new Mandy album & new Vanessa album to start off the '20's.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  14. Oooo I love this!
    And imagine if Nelly was releasing a new album too.

andru and Robert like this.
  15. Haha! I literally just said the same thing a bit ago. My 00's Holy Trinity...

RUNAWAY, Robert and Music Is Life like this.
  16. Great minds think alike haha!

pop3blow2 likes this.
  17. At the 2.00 something mark I was like "oh ok it's done. Pretty". And then BANG.

What a woman.

18. This is great - packs a lot into its short length too! Felt the same as you, @Verandi expecting it to be the end at around 2 minutes before the outro kicks in.

Verandi and pop3blow2 like this.
  19. I really like "Future Pain." The chorus melody is lush, and the surrounding production is a nice, deep change from some of the other recent things she's done. I'm excited now!

20. Her and Mandy should do a joint tour. Maybe Michelle Branch can join them as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.