Vanquish - The Harder You Love

Don't know much about this new girlband other than they are appallingly styled but have a pretty good single written and produced by Jorgen Eloffson (Britney's early days, Steps, etc)

01.jpg

http://soundcloud.com/non-stop-music-ltd/the-harder-you-love-main-mix01/s-YtNEY

Thoughts? It's the sort of thing the Saturdays would put as a B-side but should actually be releasing as a proper single.

I really like them, The Harder You Love definitely feels like the kind of single that could go places, the production sounds really good - very club friendly.

The Love Shack stuff was all very early days for them.

Oh, and a newer pic of them - I reckon they look good!:

vanquish.jpg

They released their official video a few days back apparently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK1O_xlX9wE

I just discovered them today by accident, I quite like them, they remind me a lot of The saturdays around If This Is Love / Up time, sort of a young, fun and harmless pop group. I really like the song, I hope they do some promo and get in to the lime light as I'd like to hear more from them. Their cover of Numb is really good too, the blonde was has a really good voice.

Single is out on 22nd April according to their youtube, but currently no pre-order link on iTunes.

I quite like them. Nice song!

I am loving this girlband revolution right now! The Saturdays, Girls Aloud, Little Mix, original Sugababes, current Sugababes, Stooshe, From Above, Fanfair and now Vanquish all on the girl group scene. Good times. Perfect.. bring it on!

They're going to be supporting Westlife on their UK leg of their tour (I swear I didn't know this yesterday they just announced it today). Which means I'll be seeing them in Newcastle. I'm excited to hear more of their music live.

Dates:

10 May 2012 - Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
12 May 2012 - London O2 Arena
13 May 2012 - Sheffield Motorpoint Arena
14 May 2012 - Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
15 May 2012 - Liverpool Arena
17 May 2012 - Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
18 May 2012 - Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
19 May 2012 - Sheffield Motorpoint Arena
20 May 2012 - Birmingham LG Arena
22 May 2012 - Nottingham Capital FM Arena
23 May 2012 - London O2 Arena
24 May 2012 - London O2 Arena
26 May 2012 - Manchester Evening News Arena
27 May 2012 - Glasgow SECC
29 May 2012 - Belfast Odyssey Arena
30 May 2012 - Belfast Odyssey Arena

01 June 2012 - Belfast Odyssey Arena
02 June 2012 - Belfast Odyssey Arena
04 June 2012 - Birmingham LG Arena
05 June 2012 - Nottingham Capital FM Arena
07 June 2012 - London O2 Arena
08 June 2012 - Birmingham LG Arena
09 June 2012 - Manchester Evening News Arena
11 June 2012 - Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
12 June 2012 - Sheffield Motorpoint Arena
13 June 2012 - Liverpool Echo Arena
15 June 2012 - Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
16 June 2012 - Glasgow SECC
17 June 2012 - Glasgow SECC
19 June 2012 - Glasgow SECC
20 June 2012 - Belfast Odyssey Arena

And according to their facebook they've been working with: Rob Davis, Jorgen Elofsson, Wayne Hector and Nick Dresti.

Good set of people so far!

From their twitter: Our club mix of 'The Harder You Love' has gone up to number 25 in the official dance pop charts! Boom!

Is this good? The song isn't released yet so is this like a club chart?

I'm hoping radio gets behind it and gives them a chance, it's release date is apparently 22nd April, so a month today, which to me seems a bit worrying. It seems a very radio friendly song to my ears, but I've not heard much about radio plays? And there's no sign of it on iTunes or amazon or anything like that. I hope this is being treated more as a buzz single than them actually expecting it to do much.

Electro Paradise said:
From their twitter: Our club mix of 'The Harder You Love' has gone up to number 25 in the official dance pop charts! Boom!

Is this good? The song isn't released yet so is this like a club chart?

I'm hoping radio gets behind it and gives them a chance, it's release date is apparently 22nd April, so a month today, which to me seems a bit worrying. It seems a very radio friendly song to my ears, but I've not heard much about radio plays? And there's no sign of it on iTunes or amazon or anything like that. I hope this is being treated more as a buzz single than them actually expecting it to do much.

I think the release date has been changed to the 22nd May now so I imagine the promo will have more time to build up over the tour.

^ Oooh that's good, it makes a lot more sense to release it whilst their touring and building a fanbase than beforehand. I really am wishing these girls well.

I wish this was the single cover though;

6nt9ib.jpg

What happened with them?

First of all, the whole line up of Vanquish [Holly Davis • Bee Macmillan • Rianna Morris • Lizzy Williams] changed after "The Harder You Love" single.
vanquishthyl.jpg

The second line up of Vanquish [Sophia Beate Adnyana • Rebecca 'Becky' Colleen Wrench • Lucy Anne Fellows • Lisa Ann Sims] released the song "Damn", then became a three-piece girlband, and then I haven't heard from them again...

damn.jpg

By the way, there's also a topic about this band here: http://forum.popjustice.com/threads/vanquish-new-girlband.26160/ I don't know if they can become one.