Veep | The Popjustice Forum

Veep

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Bailey, May 15, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

I don't know how popular this will be here since it's centered around US politics, but I think this is my favorite sitcom in years. Julia is quite literally perfect in her role, and there are laugh out loud moments every few seconds. If they can keep up the quality, this show is going to be around for a while (it has already been picked up for a second season).

Favorite quote: That door should be half its height, so that people can only approach me in my office on their goddamn motherfucking knees.

2. I love this show. Absolutely hilarious. Julia is amazing as the rest of the cast. I laughed out loud through whole latest episode. So glad it has been renewed.

3. This show is fantastic. It's just similar enough to The Thick of It to be as brilliantly hilarious as that show is, without seeming like a tired rip-off.

4. I was going to start a topic about this a few weeks back but I didn't know if anyone would be interested!

I think everything Julia does is amazing and she's the only reason I was interested in the show but the rest of the cast are terrific too. I predict Emmys abound.

5. Has anyone watched the premiere of the second season? I was worried they might break under expectations but it was definitely of the same quality as the last and the new character doesn't seem out of place and is done well so far.

The show continued to be flawless throughout the entire first season and had a huge amount of witty one-liners and laugh out loud moments. Julia is absolutely perfect in this (when isn't she).

6. 'But we are the United States of America. Because we are united, we are states and we are of America.'

Iconic. Reminds me of when Medvedev said something like that: 'It's not 2006 anymore! You know why? Because it's 2012.'

7. 'Veep' is great.

Does anyone know when it starts again in the UK?

8. I love that the episodes are so short. A lot of other shows could do with the focus.

9. The quality has certainly not dipped from Season 1. The lipstick bit and her interview soundbites are so hilarious.

Exactly. It's a shame the US shows mainly aim for quantity.

10. LTG

LTG

I loved series one (and The Thick of It is one of my favourite shows of all time). I didn't realise the second series had already started.

11. Veep (HBO)

I couldn't find a thread about this and couldn't find the search option either.

I've just watched the first 2 episode of season 1 and it's hilarious! It's very similar to The Thick Of It/In The Loop, and I bloody love Julia Louis-Dreyfuss.

12. The season premiere is TONIGHT.

View attachment 1422

I couldn't be more thrilled. Other than Bones, this is the only current show I make a point to watch religiously.

13. Are the UK getting it again soon?

14. I can't wait for this to be back! One of my favourite shows without a doubt, Julia is a comedic genius. Ready for Selina to $ma$h and take to the Oval Office!

15. The premiere was great, I think Season 3 is going to be the best yet.

16. It had me rolling. Selina with the chair, the fishing metaphors. Best comedy on TV.

17. "I'm never ambiguous, Ma'am. Not even sexually".

18. There's something off about the tone so far this season. I'm guessing from the changes to the theme song it's intentional.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.