Veronica Mars | The Popjustice Forum

Veronica Mars

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Rhombus, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Oh Mvnl you'll be able to help with this! Does Veronica Mars get better after the pilot? If it's pretty much the same I'm not sure I can watch 3 seasons of it!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  2. Re: Random Thoughts

PARIS HILTON CAMEO ON VERONICA MARS ALERT. Amazing.

3. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Re: Random Thoughts

It's been a while since I last saw the pilot, but in my experience shows always take a few epiosdes to make you appreciate/care for characters etcetera.. Veronica Mars really gets pretty great, both intruiging stories/mysteries wise as well as Veronica just being generally amazing.

Oh I now do recall not caring at all for Wallace, Logan, and pretty much anyone besides Veronica in the pilot/first few episodes. It did get better.

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Some would call that the moment the show jumped the shark, haha!
    The show really has its highs and lows (the latter mainly being part of season 3 and some tóó complex mysteries in season 2), but overall there is a lot to love about it. Veronica is so quotable.

5. Re: Random Thoughts

Hmmm, I'll stick with it a few more episodes! My only real problem is that it's a very 90s 'small town' teen show for something that first showed in 2004. Even to the music choices and editing.

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

[​IMG]

Because it surprisingly had no topic yet.
    Because Kristen Bell is fucking amazing.
    Because Veronica rocks.
    Because the show ain't bad either.

And a little bit for Rhombus.

Let's all worship Veronica Mars.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  7. Oh Mvnl, you spoil me.

SHE DRESSES AS 80S MADGE AT SOME POINT? I'm sold.

8. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I can see that a little. Especially after recently getting into the (older) brilliant Six Feet Under and being stunned how modern that was in many ways, while being a decade old. Veronica Mars can seem the typical teenage/high school show at moments, but there's also moments where it soars far above that genre. Hope you'll agree, but I've seen much much praise from people who really aren't big teen show fans, so I think you should be good.

Oh, and look!

9. RJF

RJF

The first season of Veronica Mars is one of the best seasons of television in the last ten years. I was initially skeptical too, but it'll have you hooked by the end.

sugarcoma likes this.
  10. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I wisely choose my screenshots, haha.
    (Don't hate me when it turns out to be a fantasy sequence)

I think I might start watching it again. I really love that girl.
    I really need to get some friend into it, cause I suck at rewatching shows I've already seen, no matter how great they are.

11. i just watched it all for the first time last week.

I want the movie. ASAP.

12. Re: Random Thoughts

I'm totally here for the dead girl and missing mum drama - so they better ramp that up!

13. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

It's odd, because, despite its brilliance, when I watched it with someone a while back there were moments where I did feel uncomfortable because it all got a bit too high school/cheesy and I feared he'd ended up thinking 'what the hell is Mvnl making me watch?'. Luckily those moments are few, but they really shouldn't have been there at all. The show's one Paris Hilton away from perfection.

14. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Dead girl will stay dead for a while, so you should be good.

15. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Is there ány chance it will ever happen? I know Kirsten's up for it...
    And with Arrested Development getting a 4th season ánd movie anything seems possible!

16. RJF

RJF

I think the best thing about it is that they could have easily made Veronica too much of a Mary Sue in the sense of her snappy comebacks, techo wizardry, and super sleuth skills, but the writings keeps it all very grounded and Kristen Bell breathes so much life into the character that she balances out some of more unbelievable moments with a very human portrayal.

GimmeWork likes this.
  17. Re: Random Thoughts

I hope this doesn't mean she's alive. WAIT DON'T TELL ME.

18. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Oh, it's Kristen?
    I'm a horrible fan.
    But yeah, I always felt like (the lines of) Veronica Mars made me love Kristen but I guess Kristen deserves just as much credit for making me love Veronica.

(and now let's just move the Veronica love to the proper topic!)

19. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

Though it's off topic, Veronica Mars is one of the few tv series I enjoy and I thoroughly love the first two seasons. Kristen is such an underrated actress,

20. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Well nothing is really off topic in this topic!
    (Unless we're going for 'you responded to me so it was not a random thought')

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.