Victoria Monét - Jaguar EP + Experience (New Single feat. Khalid) | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

Victoria Monét - Jaguar EP + Experience (New Single feat. Khalid)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jmmc13, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Not this going viral ddd

The song's a bop and I hope she has her breakthrough!

2. This photo is literally album cover material.

3. Okay but we also need the audience to stream the song.

4. Agree with this. Experience is a fucking BOP, but Dive might be top 3 for 2020 with Spotlight by queen Ware and Alina's Morocco

TRAVVV likes this.
  5. RMK

RMK

Experience is one of the best this year.

Smooth Criminal and Jesus Jugs like this.
  6. I can’t lie, I kind of resent Khalid’s appearance on Experience. His mumbling over an uninteresting melody juxtaposed with her shimmering, alluring performance ain’t it. Experience and Dive are both so good, and if Khalid’s appearance in this campaign’s intention was to snag a hit, I think he’d have worked better on Dive.

Booers likes this.
  7. I really like Experience but it’s basically for the production. The chorus could be stronger, and I couldn’t fathom a single word of the male vocal (is that Khalid or SG) until I read along with the lyrics - such slurred vocals! I didn’t even think he was singing in English. But the sound of it is so summery and boppy which I like.

(I wrote that at the same time as @The Knowledge but forgot to hit “post” then went for a shower and posted afterwards). Basically saying the same thing!

The Knowledge likes this.
  8. It’s okay if you don’t get every word.

9. I didn’t get any word from his delivery on the first few listens.

10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I still can’t stop listening to this. I’d love to hear a solo edit even though I like Khalid. He hinders the song more than helping it in my opinion.

lushLuck likes this.
  11. The Khalidophobia!

12. That viral tweet is so accurate though. I remember watching live performances of Love Lies too and thinking, Normani is really going to come out here serving fierce vocals, amazing looks, split her ass all over the floor, and give PERFORMANCE while Khalid is going to mumble around in ugly clothes, looking down at the floor, and being the definition of unenthused. I hate it here.

Experience is a great song and would be better without him. I hope it gives her a hit though. Dive is one of the best songs of the year.

13. I’m excited for this EP, I particularly loved Dive and she looks amazing

nooniebao likes this.
  14. yikes, that cover ...

I just hope that track I posted a while back made it

slaybellz likes this.
  15. Ugh, I was afraid of this. To be honest I wasn't feeling very confident when I saw the blurred image. Literally every other photo this era is 10x better. Feel like this is becoming a reccuring theme these days.

Oh well, i'm happy it's finally coming out!

CaliDevotion likes this.
  16. I'm going to pretend that Apple Music shot is the cover and not... whatever that is.

17. BONEY M vibes.
    I like it.

nooniebao likes this.
  18. Not this being a rollerskating themed video like I imagined in my head.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.