Video Games | Page 1706 | The Popjustice Forum

Video Games

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shockbox, May 4, 2009.

1. BTG

BTG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paul looks like someone should be asking him where he was on January 6th. Everything is so busy and ugly.

Meanwhile I’m over here stanning Manon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I'm middle of June now in Persona 5. I know trying to romance multiple confidants in one playthrough might lead to questionable outcomes, so I'm trying to see who I like and I'm starting to get close to Makoto at this point, just barely, or at least she's becoming a more prominent character. She's kind of my type, more than the other girls, the straight-A student who is picked on for appearing to be favored by the teachers. I'm drawn to that. I'm thinking she might end up being the one but I'm not sure yet. What did all the other Persona 5 players think was the best romance options?

Raichu likes this.
  3. Blue Protocol has been delayed for so long but it’s finally out next year. It looks AMAZING!!

Petty Mayonnaise likes this.
  4. When I played the original Persona 5 I thought it made more sense for the Phantom Thieves to remain friends, so I went for Hifumi (who you might not have met yet), she's cool and I thought her and Joker made a cute couple. On Royal I went for Kasumi, the new character. I haven't tried any of the others but I feel Kasumi's is probably the most impactful. That said, you should just pick whoever you like best. And you should try to max all (or at least most of) the confidants regardless. Romance only plays a very small part in any of the relationships, only towards the end, and only if you choose to initiate it, so you don't need to worry about accidentally starting dating someone you don't want to or anything like that.

Jonathan27 and DJHazey like this.
  5. I went with Makoto the first time, Haru on re-do because it didn't feel organic with Makoto nn and then I went with a mystery option for Royal. Makoto is my fave but her confidant was quite the grind from what I remember, and ultimately it didn't feel like it paid off in the same way as the others but that was also the vanilla game!

DJHazey and soratami like this.
  6. Oh no, I understand but naturally since this social aspect reminds me of Mass Effect where romance was significant, I am thinking about it. Just the comradadry and friendship shared alone is amazing. Once I realized the having matching persona in inventory when hanging out, I am getting high levels on all confidants I have met. Time management is key I am finding.

soratami likes this.
  7. Interesting on Makoto, I will see if things feel that way with her. I am only Level 1 with her so it is early days. Kasumi so far would be my second choice.

Jonathan27 likes this.
  8. Nn I didn't clock whether you knew she was an option yet then realized @soratami mentioned her as well! She was the third one and I did enjoy it but I was so worried I would miss out on something when unlocking the third semester that I don't think I allowed myself to fully appreciate the journey with that one.

DJHazey likes this.
  9. Death Stranding was a 4/10 for me.

I could feel what they were going for but the whole game was just slow and dull.

The traversal was repetitive and avoiding the spirits became the biggest chore. I remember running out of ‘blood’ during a boss fight and couldn’t do anything. Awful.

10. Dd, I think I'm going to want to know what games I will also love if I loved Persona 5, I'm not even halfway through and I'm thinking this is the case. They'd have to be Xbox, which I know limits it a bit for that style of game, though Microsoft has been porting a lot of them in recent years, including Persona 5 itself.

I was looking at a list and it threw Yakuza: Like a Dragon on there, which surprised me but looking at the wiki page tells me they changed the combat system. I assumed it was the same button-mashing beat 'em up battles, but now it's more like a turn-based thing. If that's the case, I may go there because that was the only thing I didn't want to do again (I played Yakuza 0) and my controller thanks me (the button mashing). I loved the story and side quests.

soratami likes this.
  11. OH MY GOD DEATH STRANDING 2. I loved the first game.

VertigoStick likes this.
  12. She's going to be a MENACE online/in tournaments with her normals:

A grappler with vortex normals? RIP.

Another gay icon dominating Street Fighter competitive play with busted normals? We won.

He and BTG like this.
  13. Yakuza: Like a Dragon is a lot like Persona 5. A turn-based JRPG (the first Yakuza not to be action game) set in modern Japan with an excellent story that's serious but also has a lot of fun/whimsical moments, iconic characters, and with tons of content. You could think of it as something like an "older" version of Persona 5 (instead of a group of students your party consists of a Yakuza fresh out of jail, an ex-nurse, a driving instructor, a bar manager and so on), and it is very much the perfect game to play after it.

RUNAWAY, Dreampopboy and DJHazey like this.
  14. I think that will be my play next and then possibly Dragon Quest since that looked a good comp. I am excited about it.

Dreampopboy and soratami like this.
  15. Playstation Wrap-Up 2022 is here.

The way Overwatch finally ejected itself from the top of my playlist... whew. Ghost of Tsushima ended up my most played game. Felt like I played it all summer.

Jonathan27, Txetxu and soratami like this.
  16. My five most played games were

#1 Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age
    #2 Fall Guys
    #3 Ruined King: A League of Legends Story
    #4 Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
    #5 Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition

Dreampopboy, Jonathan27 and Txetxu like this.
  17. I haven't played Overwatch 2 in like two weeks. I honestly have no desire to play it ever again until they add 'look for groups'. Solo queue is no good.

18. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

I played over 1200 hours fucking send HELP.

drunkbeautyking.jpg.png

19. 1. Overwatch 2
    2. Dead by Daylight
    3. Elden Ring
    4. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5
    5. Final Fantasy X/X-2

Kingdom Hearts making it in there from my Birth By Sleep 100% grind, I will never grow up apparently.

20. My top 5 on PSN:

1.) Persona 5 Royal
    2.) Returnal
    3.) Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5
    4.) Stranger of Paradise
    5.) Samurai Warriors 5

Jonathan27 and soratami like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.