Video Games

I'm level 11 and I'm loving it? Story and gameploy loop are the real selling points. The graphics are gorgeous and has my laptop fan blaring at full speed! Can't wait to sink in more hours during my weekend. Probably install it on my Steam Deck soon but I need a new SD card.

Someone at the gym today put on the 97 mix of the Mortal Kombat theme over the speakers
michelle-obama-groove.gif

I'm playing Street Fighter 6 on my PS4 and wondering if this is the game I should have upgraded to a PS5 for! I'm guessing the fights are much more seamless in World Tour mode on the newer model?

I'm playing Street Fighter 6 on my PS4 and wondering if this is the game I should have upgraded to a PS5 for! I'm guessing the fights are much more seamless in World Tour mode on the newer model?
I'm playing on Series X and getting in and out of fights across the board is very zippy in both Arcade and World Tour.

Yeah, the loading times are a bit long on PC between worlds, but once you're in Metro City it's really very quick. I'm constantly just suplexing randoms into fights and they start immediately. It's great.

I'm level 11 and I'm loving it? Story and gameploy loop are the real selling points. The graphics are gorgeous and has my laptop fan blaring at full speed! Can't wait to sink in more hours during my weekend. Probably install it on my Steam Deck soon but I need a new SD card.
Just a warning that you might want to leave side content until after you complete the main questline. You can't go above level 50 on the first two difficulty levels and you can't unlock the third difficulty until you complete the campaign. I made the mistake of doing a load of side content and exploration in the first zone during Act 1 and ended up in the mid thirties, I cut back since but I've just started Act 4 (of 6) and am level 49, so I'll be spinning my wheels for a long while.

Just a warning that you might want to leave side content until after you complete the main questline. You can't go above level 50 on the first two difficulty levels and you can't unlock the third difficulty until you complete the campaign. I made the mistake of doing a load of side content and exploration in the first zone during Act 1 and ended up in the mid thirties, I cut back since but I've just started Act 4 (of 6) and am level 49, so I'll be spinning my wheels for a long while.
Oh, this is really helpful to know. Thank you. I’m currently level 27 and still on the first act.

I didn’t realize there are six? This campaign seems longer than the usual.

Damn how am I supposed to beat the dungeon bosses? I’m in my first dungeon and they’re kicking my ass! I was think of doing side quests to level up.

Oh, this is really helpful to know. Thank you. I’m currently level 27 and still on the first act.

I didn’t realize there are six? This campaign seems longer than the usual

Minor spoiler re: structure
I just played a little more and Act 4 was really short, so I'd guess based on what I've seen so far that it's five full acts like the first one (i.e. one per region), with the prologue, an epilogue and Act 4 as a sort of interlude.

Damn how am I supposed to beat the dungeon bosses? I’m in my first dungeon and they’re kicking my ass! I was think of doing side quests to level up.
It's probably a good idea to level up some (and get the first couple of renown rewards) early on, just don't go overboard. Things are defintely harder before you have your skillbar filled and your class special feature unlocked (though as a Necro my class feature was essentially there from level 1, but other classes have to wait to get anything.) I remember hitting level 15 was a huge boost on my Rogue in the free playtest.

This looks fun, kinda like a mix between Dragon Quest and Borderlands

It looks cool. I hope it's an RPG. Action combat always feels more satisfying when you get experience for it. Especially when the experience improves based on the player's performance.

Last edited:
he/him

Sonya, Jax, Kano, Kenshi, Stryker and Goro also confirmed with this trailer.

I think it looks beautiful (Johnny’s house stage in particular looks amazing) but I know this is just gonna pale in comparison to Street Fighter 6 nn. The Kameo fighter mechanic looks like an afterthought…

At least the character models look good this time!

Reactions: BTG
Wait Street Fighter 6 is out?! Where have I been?? And I was just about to finally buy Sonic Frontiers, that’ll have to wait… again.

Also the Mortal Kombat trailer looks amazing, I was low key hoping it’d be a faithful yet, soft remake of the first game, with it being called Mortal Kombat 1, but they were never going to give us just the 7 characters, it looks like we’re basically getting Mortal Kombat 9 again with an altered story.