Video Games

Trust in the power of throwables, especially shotputs.
I don't think I have those yet but I will try to throw what I have. I was close couple of times so I think I will manage, it will just take time I guess. I was very close once but I lost because my hands got sweaty. One thing that is frustrating for me is when I miss the stagger sometimes, holding R2 doesn't work, maybe the button gets jammed.

I don't think I have those yet but I will try to throw what I have. I was close couple of times so I think I will manage, it will just take time I guess. I was very close once but I lost because my hands got sweaty. One thing that is frustrating for me is when I miss the stagger sometimes, holding R2 doesn't work, maybe the button gets jammed.

I played on PC controls so I guess R2 is the heavy attack, and all i can say is the games controls are wonky and anything can stagger you out of your heavy attacks. Make sure you have the space to execute them and have fun dd! It is the first hard boss the game throws at you and it won’t be the last.

I played on PC controls so I guess R2 is the heavy attack, and all i can say is the games controls are wonky and anything can stagger you out of your heavy attacks. Make sure you have the space to execute them and have fun dd! It is the first hard boss the game throws at you and it won’t be the last.
Hahah thanks, I will try to have fun. I feel like I would have won already if I just had 1 extra pulse cell. I think its a bit unfair to have 3-4 of them at the start, not even Bloodborne was this punishing in that regard.

Tangent

How many decent water levels can the thread think of?
I remember Shadow of the Colossus having one, but it had so many good levels.
SotC's water colossus doesn't really feel too bad since you're supposed to be hanging on to him and not actually be lost in the water so it's not THAT frustrating imo, definitely a well designed one.
I'm also kind of partial to 2D ones like DK/Mario/Sonic/Mega Man because aside from like slowing you down or timing you with oxygen they didnt feel absolutely awful to progress through for me.

I'm a Nintendiva but my boyfriend bought a PlayStation 5 and now I'm wondering if there are some nice games on there for me. He's playing Spider-Man 2 but that's too masc. Are there any cute platformer/colorful kiddie games anyone can recommend?

My patience for Kingdom Hearts' "puzzles" is really starting to run out as I navigate the cousin of that awful Bevelle Cloisters of Trials section in Final Fantasy X. For a game that partially distinguishes itself by having platforming and puzzles, it's really bad at both of those things. Good thing the combat gets quite good once you have enough levels and abilities.

I'm really struggling to put my finger on what I'm going to score this game. It's really interesting in that it has very high highs and pretty low lows.

You played Lies of P with a keyboard and mouse? That's impressive.

Kingdom Hearts is very much a child of its time. It was incredible upon release but I can't really bring myself to replay it because I'm a bit scared it hasn't aged well at all.

I think it's aged okay and it's fun for sure. The remastered visuals look amazing, combat is good once it gets into its zone, and the story is interesting enough even if it's really corny. The worlds, which is probably the most important thing, slap for the most part. The only huge issues are the platforming, the too frequent "what the hell do I do?" moments, and a super clunky inventory system (which they really needed to fix for the remaster).

Last edited:
I'm a Nintendiva but my boyfriend bought a PlayStation 5 and now I'm wondering if there are some nice games on there for me. He's playing Spider-Man 2 but that's too masc. Are there any cute platformer/colorful kiddie games anyone can recommend?

A question a Nintendo fan would ask.
If you would rather play a solid console exclusive with a female lead instead, play Horizon Zero Dawn.
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart honestly you'd probably really enjoy though coming from Nintendo gaming.
Maybe Stray, Tchia, Sims, Immortals Fenix Rising if you want the Zelda vibe, Okami HD, Crash Bandicoot games.

Reactions: XXX
Nothing I hate more than when games force you to play janky mini games to progress the story. Trails From Zero just did this. No, I don't want to fucking fish, especially with this game's terrible incarnation of fishing.

Last edited:
Nothing I hate more than when games force you to play hanky mini games to progress the story. Trails From Zero just did this. No, I don't want to fucking fish, especially with this game's terrible incarnation of fishing.

Nothing is more egregious than the Zelda Oracle of Seasons/Ages that forces you to do the terrible rhythm dancing minigame to progress. I rage quit that as a kid.

Its going fine at the moment, I also beat Survivor and Puppet of the Future. I met Fuoco and only fought him 3 times but I think I will manage. I love using that police baton weapon for now, nothing else so far interested me.

Can you tell me about that P Organ - should I fill out entire Phase 1 node before going to Phase 2?

By the way, I don't know if this was changed with updates or if it was like that from the early days but it seems to me that the game is easier to level up - my strength and endurance is already in 20s while Capacity and Motivation are around 15 and I didn't even grind that much, so far I only did it for Scrapped Watchman.

Last edited:
I saw a YouTube video with the title "Dark Souls is an easy game."

No, it's fucking not. Just because you're good at it doesn't mean it's not a hard game for most people. It's the most annoying attempt at a flex.
Hahah yeah and speaking of that, I also hate videos with boss fights without any damage taken. It looks so easy but I bet it took that person hours and hours to actually record such video. Also, I hate when people say "get good". Oh really, that is the solution? I never thought of that, wow!

By the way, you mentioned the dragon fight in Kingdom Hearts - I hate that one with passion. I honestly thought I would have to quit especially considering my friend talked me into playing the game on Proud mode.

Last edited: