Video Games

Can anyone recommend a decent and recent turn-based JRPG? I've been playing Honkai: Star Rail but I need something more casual inbetween the events fff.

Anything along the lines of like Triangle Strategy, FF Tactics, and earlier Final Fantasy would be great!
Small Saga!!!!!

It's new, it's cute and i'm having a blast. The battle system isn't as deep as say an AAA rpg like FF or Persona but it gets the job done and every party member feels good.

So I'm looking for a new (non-roguelite) metroidvania to play (or well, maybe more than one), and right now I have my eye on Ender Lilies, Islets and Owlboy. Anyone play any of those or have any other suggestions?

The ones I've already played are the two Guacamelees, the two Oris, the two Steamworld Digs, Yoku's Island Express, Bloodstained, Hollow Knight, Monster Sanctuary and Indivisible. Loved all of them except for the first Steamworld Dig and Indivisible, which were just alright.

Blasphemous 1&2
Grime
Ender Lilies
Maybe Last Faith as well.

I finally submitted to buying a PS5. I still have a fair few PS4 games to play but does anyone have any smaller indie PS5 only games I should add to my wishlist while I keep working through my backlog?

I finally submitted to buying a PS5. I still have a fair few PS4 games to play but does anyone have any smaller indie PS5 only games I should add to my wishlist while I keep working through my backlog?

Practically all indie games are still being released for both PS5 and PS4, only a handful of AAA games that are technically demanding enough warrant PS5 exclusivity. Returnal is probably the PS5 exclusive that's smallest in scale, that I can think of.

Guys I never played Dragon's Dogma. Should I play the first game before the sequel? Not sure how I never heard of this game when it came out.

The first game is often on sale for like 5€ so no reason not to give it a try really (even if I doubt you need to play it before the sequel). It's been ages since I played it but I thought it was pretty great, kinda like a mix between Skyrim and Dark Souls, but also quite unique.

The first game is often on sale for like 5€ so no reason not to give it a try really (even if I doubt you need to play it before the sequel). It's been ages since I played it but I thought it was pretty great, kinda like a mix between Skyrim and Dark Souls, but also quite unique.
Ok, thanks! Right now its 23€ so I might wait for it to get on sale. I am pissed off at my PS store, first it took them 11 months to change the currency to euro and now we didn't have any Black Friday deals. I know we are a small country but come on...

Ok, thanks! Right now its 23€ so I might wait for it to get on sale. I am pissed off at my PS store, first it took them 11 months to change the currency to euro and now we didn't have any Black Friday deals. I know we are a small country but come on...

That's a shame. It's definitely one of those games that seems to be nearly always on sale, so hopefully you'll be able to grab it for cheap soon.

@ZsDbk88. I don't know if you own a Switch, but if you do, that version is dirt cheap right now. I personally have a physical but I'm a physical mouse, but the digital version I've seen for a few dollars on the Switch store.

VR mode coming December 7 to RE4 on PS5/PSVR2...much sooner than anticipated! I actually haven't even got to the castle area due to my huge backlog of games, so I might just play it on VR instead.

@ZsDbk88. I don't know if you own a Switch, but if you do, that version is dirt cheap right now. I personally have a physical but I'm a physical mouse, but the digital version I've seen for a few dollars on the Switch store.
I don't have Switch, just PS5. I am busy playing Lies of P anyway and then I plan to go through FF7 Remake before Rebirth so I can wait for a sale.

I got Fate Samurai/Remnant for Switch, which was kind of risky because I bought it for 60 bucks. It looks like it could be a surprise banger or just as easily be a 7/10ish type of game. Either outcome would be okay but I hope for the former. I love edo era Japan settings for games, which is why I also plan on picking up the Yakuza game that's set there as well.

I would have gotten the game for PS4 but I want to increase the amount of action RPGs for my Switch and increase the amount of turn-based RPGs for my PS4. Right now, my PS4 collection dramatically skews action RPG and my Switch collection skews somewhat turn-based.

Fate Samurai/Remnant looks a bit mindless, but that's actually what I want. Just a very basic but aesthetically attractive action RPG where I easily kill some shit and not think too much about it.

Last edited: