Video Games

He/Him
These Tomb Raiders remasters are a blast but the camera is driving me completely crazy on TR1. The moment she get in enclosed spaces the whole thing goes haywire. I am on the Switch, and it's making the platforming inside caves nearly impossible. I am not even missing the jumps, I just can't control which direction I am going in. Anyone having similar issues?
It can help if you reconfigure the Look button to something like a trigger as opposed to pushing in an analog stick (on Xbox I set it to Right Bumper), then entering then immediately exiting Look mode should recenter the camera behind Lara in most situations.

Last edited:
Cackling at Xbox saying there’s 4 games going multi platform and then refusing to say what they are. Like what’s the point?
I assume at least 2 were Nintendo Direct announcements they can't jump the gun with. And 3 are basically known anyway (Pentiment, Sea of Thieves and HiFi Rush)

Cackling at Xbox saying there’s 4 games going multi platform and then refusing to say what they are. Like what’s the point?
It’s Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment, Sea of Thieves and Pentiment.

Kinda funny how much of an anticlimax it is after all the hysteria this week.

I’m torn on the whole thing really. For these games that are ‘good’ but haven’t found a massive audience, it makes total sense and is not really a new thing at all for Microsoft (Ori, for instance).

But anything wider, or Microsoft going more third party than first? I actually don’t think that’s good for the industry. First party titles are anti-consumer… but they also maintain console competition.

I know Xbox has plenty of haters on this forum, but I don’t think Sony being the only player in the AAA console market is a good thing.

I don't think the Xbox approach is entirely unwarranted when even PlayStation is seeing themselves having to go further in a PC launch direction. AAA games are costing more and the market/sales of them aren't growing to match (even the PS5 is missing sales targets and slowing down).

Like I'd initially expected the likes of Obsidian and Ninja Theory to get a huge expansion under Xbox but they seem to be being kept as AA developers making smaller projects cause they'd probably cave in otherwise.

Spider-Man 2 cost 300 million to make and sold 10 million. Which is a win but those numbers are exceptional and not easy for a new IP or even the none licensed PlayStation titles. Helldivers 2 on the other hand is an AA title with a wildly successful PC launch which gives pause for thought.

Xbox is committed to hardware for a while yet so I'm not overly worried but I can't see gaming in the next 10 years looking the same for any of the big players bar Nintendo. Especially as the cultural juggernauts of Fornite and Roblox become platforms in their own right

he/him
Finished TR1 100% tonight. Atlantis looks absolutely gross... love it. Was going to begin Unfinished Business but they've swapped the level order around so it's the two Atlantis levels before the Egypt ones (since it was originally intended to be that way) and... I think I'll come back to that one.

Blitzed through India in TR3 and just finished High Security Compound... when I saw that you now get all your ammo and medipacks back when you find your guns again...

I really love what they've done with Area 51.

TR remastered is downloading...on my shitty wifi. Will be fun to play without cheats nn.
tomb-raider2-tomb-raider.gif

he/him/basic cishomo
Feeling pensive and shit myself when I thought about the iconic text adventure game Virtua School and how the original Tripod site is still online!??!!? A classic but it's been like 11 years since I last played so maybe it aged like milk.

I shall be playing it tonight or tomorrow. Just need to dust off the ol' DOSBOX. (Play it's fun!~) If you do decide to give it a lil whirl, make sure you've got an ad blocker before you click on the Downloads page because it's just Julia Roberts-looking banner ads for me otherwise.

It's a DOS game from 1997 about teenage things in 1997. There's an iconic bit with Certs candy and there's even life wisdom: choosing to shower or not in the morning can dramatically affect the rest of your life.

Bonus kii for the drama of the main page oh my god. I wonder what the devs are up to these days.

Feeling pensive and shit myself when I thought about the iconic text adventure game Virtua School and how the original Tripod site is still online!??!!? A classic but it's been like 11 years since I last played so maybe it aged like milk.
Thank you, this is such a fascinating find! The website alone is a goldmine. It feels like it's ripe for one of those YouTube retrospectives that gets a zillion views now that 90s/00s nostalgia is all the rage.